NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Sterling

El Presidente
The problem is that if he's bad it's just as likely because he's old and broken down, while the other direction has plenty of potential to have plenty of support. Your centention really needed this to happen like 5 years ago. That being said if you're saying that he needs a "system" in that he needs not completely incompetent coaching, a general game plan, and some non truly shit players, then that's literally every QB ever. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but to talk about him like he's some average QB because of Bill who didn't win shit in Cleveland is pretty preposterous. Would he be the GOAT without Bill? Maybe not, but lets not pretend that if he had left the Pats 12 years ago that he wouldn't have had a HoF career. Same goes the other way too. Bill had Cleveland playing some good defense and had them on the verge of being not shit for once and he'd have probably had success with New England anyways. But would he have all those rings? Probably not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

“The last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez,” Hopkins says O’Brien told him, according to Irvin.

“That blew my mind that he would even bring that up,” Hopkins told Irvin. “I’ve never been in any trouble. I don’t know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez.”

O'Brian is a fucking idiot to the Cardinals delight

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait for the calls of "blacklisted!" start up again.

O'Brian is a fucking idiot to the Cardinals delight
Yeah but Hopkins already came out and said it is being overblown, and he really had no reason to do so.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What face is there to save? I'm literally saying what I have been saying for about 5 years now and adding "finally we get a chance to put it to bed".

You say shit like this. Then a few posts later say ....

It's like you don't even understand what's being discussed. Which is it, is there a chance he does well, or zero chance whatsoever that the next couple of years will mean anything? I mean, I'm assuming if he wins another ring in tampa and the pats go under 500 you'll be willing to accept that as evidence. I might be wrong, I might be right, or it might be inconclusive. But I'm not going to sit here like a loser and shit out excuses before anything happens. The rest of his (and bill's) career will show what it shows.

Yes, a few posts later I do say that, as in he may just have good enough receivers to stay above water down there. You're so hell bent on proving your theory you just ignore the facts that age has been causing Brady's play to decline for a couple years already, nothing he's going to do at age 43 is going to prove or disprove the system QB bs. He can basically only enhance his rep if he somehow surprises down in Tampa, although if he did that, I have a feeling most of us would point out it's probably less 43 year old Brady and more insane weapons around him that allowed Winston to throw for 5k yards and 33 TD's last year (although we'll see how many passing attempts Brady has this year compared to Winston last year, but yeah).

You just keep missing the obvious point that everyone else knows, 99.999% nothing that happens this year will actually tell us anything definitive about the point you're trying to make. You say you're "no going to sit here like a loser and shit out excuses" etc...no, what you're doing is saying "hey guys, I think the 43 year old QB will be not great, and then I'll claim victory about my argument" even if the down year is simply because he's too old, and he's been too old for 2 years already now. Wake up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Wonder if he will be the starter

EDIT:

I mean, it could have been Andy Dalton so there's that. Would Soldier Field even be half full assuming there are games if you had to watch him or Trubisky? With that said I can't see how Foles changes anything unless the Bears make the playoffs which seems unlikely at the moment.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
hey guys, I think the 43 year old QB will be not great, and then I'll claim victory about my argument" even if the down year is simply because he's too old, and he's been too old for 2 years

Here's one of the things you're not getting. I will claim victory whether he does well or shits the bed. My victory is in getting an answer. The only loss for me is if it's inconclusive. I never disliked Brady, he has done a lot of great things that should be looked up to. I only dislike pats fans. In one sense I have a victory that they anguish over his leaving.

When a scientist comes up with a hypothesis and then disproves it, he didn't lose. Thats where I am. I suspected he was a system qb for a few years now. Now we get some direct data. Something I never thought would happen. For some reason you people are dragging out excuses before we even know what's going to happen. Thats how I know you're too heavily invested in your own personal hypothesis to see the truth.

• 1Picard
  • 1Cutler

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's one of the things you're not getting. I will claim victory whether he does well or shits the bed. My victory is in getting an answer. The only loss for me is if it's inconclusive. I never disliked Brady, he has done a lot of great things that should be looked up to. I only dislike pats fans. In one sense I have a victory that they anguish over his leaving.

When a scientist comes up with a hypothesis and then disproves it, he didn't lose. Thats where I am. I suspected he was a system qb for a few years now. Now we get some direct data. Something I never thought would happen. For some reason you people are dragging out excuses before we even know what's going to happen. Thats how I know you're too heavily invested in your own personal hypothesis to see the truth.

The point is you either have to have the answer already, or you'll never get it. That's why I keep saying NEITHER side of the "system QB" argument will claim a win based on this upcoming season. The only one who will is Time. I have no hypothesis on this. I don't care about whether he is or isn't, you're just making such a bad argument I can't help but point out how dumb it is. It's like those of us that are more moderate on the political spectrum when looking at the fucking loonies on the far right or far left. It's embarrassing. Be better.

• 1Like
  • 1Fumble

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
sucks brady is gone, but alas football is a business and 30 mil plus a year is worth walking for.

IF he is close to the brady of 2-3 years ago, the bucs are instant SB contenders-PROVIDED- the oline plays well. will be rooting for the bucs for the first time ever.

still a patriots homer thru and thru though.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Can't wait for the calls of "blacklisted!" start up again.

Yeah but Hopkins already came out and said it is being overblown, and he really had no reason to do so.
The constant in this story is the same constant in the Brown and Clowney stories. They all wanted raises and BoB didn't want to give it to their demands. So all 3 of them were sent packing.

With the trading away Hopkins (thus eating his dead money), taking on David Johnson, and signing Cobb, the Texans are spending a lot more than it would have cost them to redo Hopkins' deal AND took a massive talent hit.

You suck BoB.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The constant in this story is the same constant in the Brown and Clowney stories. They all wanted raises and BoB didn't want to give it to their demands. So all 3 of them were sent packing.

With the trading away Hopkins (thus eating his dead money), taking on David Johnson, and signing Cobb, the Texans are spending a lot more than it would have cost them to redo Hopkins' deal AND took a massive talent hit.

You suck BoB.

Nothing wrong with this....

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Nothing wrong with this....
Image result for leo squint

The difference between Hopkins and Brown & Clowney, is that Hopkins was still under contract for another 3 seasons.

It was retarded, and you are retarded to think that this was a smart move.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I saw a good analogy on the Ringer that if you had a FL player making the trades BoB is in your FL league that that player would be kicked out of the league by now. I don't see how you could dispute that with a straight face.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm really not sure most of that is a big loss. Littleton and Fowler have nice stats but I've seen them play every snap. I think Littleton is a decent player, but I don't think he's as good as PFF says he is. Fowler benefited big time playing next to Donald.

Weddle was fucking terrible.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams are in cap hell because all their money is in 3 dudes and they have no draft capital at all.
Eh, not really that true. I think the issue is what they're going to have to pay Ramsey.

Next year they can cut Gurley for little impact I believe. They'll have cap opening up as the cap increases, maybe they're trying to be smarter with it now.