NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Hosix

All labs matter!
Throwing it 60 plus times....wow.

F that onside kick. Need the old way with overloads and collisions. This current way is weak sauce.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man, really liking Burrow. Great drives, completely hampered by garbage o-line play.

Kid will be legit... If he doesn't get killed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals need a better line and defense. I think this defense is better than tonight but the O line is every bit as bad as what we saw. Geno Atkins is older but missing him tonight was big. He's sick against the run.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not saying I'd put him over Wilson. And it's more a season and a half in which Jackson has gone something like 21-3 in the regular season as a starter. Led the league in passing touchdowns and smashes the all time rushing yard record by a QB.
And on a much more talented team than the Seahawks have been in the last few years.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Burrows is going to end up like David Carr when he played for the Texans, all fucked up.

Carr never showed this amount of promise. Peyton's rookie year was a shit show. And he was way worse than this. No team goes from worst to playoffs in the NFL.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And on a much more talented team than the Seahawks have been in the last few years.

I don't really think he had better pass catchers overall. Frankly you take Lamar off that team and leave Flacco on it another year and a half...they don't win 6 games. Still think Wilson is better overall, he's done it for longer and has actually done ANYTHING in the playoffs, but it's hard to knock what Lamar did in his only full season, let alone coming in his rookie year to go 6-1 or whatever down the stretch to get them into the playoffs.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Not really arguing the merits of Flacco but the thing with the Ravens that no one ever remembers is that he can't throw. Remember the playoffs? Remember when Kaep was killing the league with this stuff? And then defenses make them throw and they are footnotes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't really think he had better pass catchers overall. Frankly you take Lamar off that team and leave Flacco on it another year and a half...they don't win 6 games. Still think Wilson is better overall, he's done it for longer and has actually done ANYTHING in the playoffs, but it's hard to knock what Lamar did in his only full season, let alone coming in his rookie year to go 6-1 or whatever down the stretch to get them into the playoffs.
I disagree some what. Until last year the Seahawks had Lockett and no one of consequence since Baldwin retired and most people never considered him a top talent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Carr never showed this amount of promise. Peyton's rookie year was a shit show. And he was way worse than this. No team goes from worst to playoffs in the NFL.
Dolphins went 1-15 in 2007, then went 11-5 and made the playoffs in 2008, so it does happen!

Merrith

I disagree some what. Until last year the Seahawks had Lockett and no one of consequence since Baldwin retired and most people never considered him a top talent.

Baldwin played through 2018, and they drafted Metcalf last year. Lamar Jackson has had John Brown for 7 games (he's not better than either Lockett or Metcalf, mainly just a downfield threat), along with the shambling corpse of Michael Crabtree for 7 games. Other than that he's had Willie Snead and Hollywood Brown. Obviously people love Hollywood's speed, but he didn't even hit 600 yards in 14 games last year. I don't think he's a better receiver than Lockett or Metcalf.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lamar threw for 365 and ran for 140ish in that playoff loss. There were 9 dropped balls on top of that. One was a bad throw.

He's not Joe Montana accurate but there were major issues in that loss that had nothing to do with him.

Anyway, I felt bad for Joe B last night. His line is a dumpster fire.

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Burrow needs to get the fuck out after his rookie deal. Fuck home state loyalty. He's gonna get raped when faced with team that's actually good. He could be a franchise QB but not in a team like Bengals. Bungles are never gonna get better under current ownership. It's a bottom feeder team in a perpetual rebuilding stage, vacuuming up top draft picks each year and a retirement home for veteran free agents looking for one final pay day before calling it a day.

Also, Joe Buck is gonna be in HoF. All you haters need line up to suck his balls

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Don’t you live in San Fran?

2018 49ers second worst team in the league
2019 49ers super bowl bound

From the 2018 49ers wiki

The 2018 49ers would go on to set one more notable "futility" mark after the team went 8–0 to start the following season, thus giving the 2018 49ers the worst record in NFL history of any team that went on to go undefeated that far into the following season

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Burrow needs to get the fuck out after his rookie deal. Fuck home state loyalty. He's gonna get raped when faced with team that's actually good. He could be a franchise QB but not in a team like Bengals. Bungles are never gonna get better under current ownership. It's a bottom feeder team in a perpetual rebuilding stage, vacuuming up top draft picks each year and a retirement home for veteran free agents looking for one final pay day before calling it a day.

Also, Joe Buck is gonna be in HoF. All you haters need line up to suck his balls

Suck on his balls?

Seems extreme.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

youhadusinthefirsthalf.gif

I still like Baker. He moves in the pocket well. Nick Chubb is always a pleasure. Probably Chubb is my favorite to watch last year and now. Not sure how much of this year I can stand though :( I'll try not to be a downer.

• 1Like

Merrith

Lamar threw for 365 and ran for 140ish in that playoff loss. There were 9 dropped balls on top of that. One was a bad throw.

He's not Joe Montana accurate but there were major issues in that loss that had nothing to do with him.

Anyway, I felt bad for Joe B last night. His line is a dumpster fire.

A lot of Lamar's stats came after the game was quite lopsided, though. I remember a lot of Ravens fans talking about how they lost because they abandoned the run against the Titans, pointing to Lamar's pass attempts number as their evidence. But the vast majority of those passing attempts came in a 2 minute drill at the end of the first half and after they were behind by 3 scores.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

You're aware they made playoffs five straight years within the past 10 years right? Literally impossible to vacuum up top draft picks in that situation. This team wasn't going to be good this year. 4-5 wins. Defense is extremely young and the OL still needs to be addressed.

And the Bengals are pretty notorious for never signing FAs. This was the most they've ever spent in FA. Who was the last veteran to get a pay day from them? Fucking TO? Pretty sure that was even a prove it one year contract. Bengals had been a shit franchise for the most part but your reasons are objectively inaccurate. There are many franchises that have been far worse in the past 15 years. Bengals have made playoffs half the time in that span.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow our OL is so bad.
Yeah this is why it is generally bad to throw your rookie QB out there. Because they are almost always behind a terrible OL, and it just sets them up for failure in the future. If they start their NFL career being ass pounded every other snap, how will they ever gain confidence. All that said, Burrow looks legit. I honestly hope the Bengals can put a bit more protection around him.

F that onside kick. Need the old way with overloads and collisions. This current way is weak sauce.
I fucking hate this rule. What was the thought process on changing it? Did they really see it as a danger?