NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Dee Ford is officially out for the season. So in review, the 49ers traded a 2nd for him, signed him to an $85ish million contract, and got like 10 games out of him in 2 years. He even stated at the beginning of the year that his goal was to play all year, and he made it through exactly 1 game.

What a fucking bust that was.

Edit: And just a bit more injury information. Weston Richburg, the center who they signed to a huge contract in FA 2 years ago, won't be back this year either.

And one final piece. Fuck me

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just a little bit more on the injury front for the 49ers. To date, they have used a team record 74 players this year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
28 players! That's insane.

I heard last week like $85M of the $198M salary cap was currently on IR for the 49ers.

BTW I didn't post on the game last week but I want to say that god damn that Deebo Samuel is a stud. Love watching him play.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty amusing back and forth between 49ers and Cardinals Twitter accounts, with the 49ers moving to AZ for at least the next 3ish weeks.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2020 season will be remembered for covid obviously, but the 49ers injuries not counting covid will go down as the most in NFL history, and by a LOT.

It hasnt really gotten better either. Think about it, Bosa goes down week fucking TWO. Jalen Hurd was declared out for season before the start of the season. Richard Sherman injured Week 1 just came back last week. Solomon Thomas is also lost for the season with Bosa. Ziggy Ansah done for year Week 3. George Kittle and Jimmy G both go to IR on November 3, after they both missed time previously in the season. (they could return Week14-17 but unlikely) Week 9 Tartt gone for the year. The rookie RB Hasty, who was looking really good in the short time he played, breaks collar bone, out for the year a couple weeks ago.

And then yeah, now Dee Ford confirmed out for the year, Ritchburg gone, and 3 or 4 other starters are questionable for next game. They have lost their entire starting defensive backfield at one point.

Aiyuk, Williams, Kinlaw, Bourne and a few others missed at least 1 game due to covid. The amount of regular starters that are unavailable is truly unbelievable. This will end up being an overall lost season, and even worse, the team is over-achieving, so they will end up with a middle teens pick and have no shot at picking in the top 3. They could trade up but the amount of injuries they have dealt with means they are going to have a ton of question marks at virtually every position.

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So I guess we're playing this Ravens vs. Steelers game in the offseason, once the Ravens are all healed up and their tummies feel better?

What a fucking joke league this is. You can't field a team, you forfeit. It's as simple as that. That's how big boy world works.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sounds like they will still play tomorrow despite having more players test positive today.

Animosity

Just keep pushing the game back NFL so the Ravens dont get embarressed. What a clown show.

• 2Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
sounds like they will still play tomorrow despite having more players test positive today.
When has the league ever bent over backwards to accommodate a team like this? And I'm not counting changing the entire rulebook for Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

This is not fair to the Steelers. This is a fucking joke from a faggot league of anti-American kneelers and sub 90 IQ mongoloids that would otherwise be gang banging and robbing liquor stores.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't we have a Ravens fan on this board? Or did that faggot bounce when he was asked to defend a political opinion or something?

ANYONE care to fucking justify the repeated rescheduling of this game to benefit the Ravens? Anyone?

• 1Salty

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised to see strikes and lawsuits start popping up if some teams benefit from the virus *cough ravens* while others are punished continues. Which is why the NFL is desperate to play the game tomorrow

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Edko quit the board long before any political nonsense, as far as I can remember.

Why bend over backwards for the Ratbirds anyways? They fucking suck. Lamar is a rich man’s RGKnee, but he still won’t last long.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Edko quit the board long before any political nonsense, as far as I can remember.

Why bend over backwards for the Ratbirds anyways? They fucking suck. Lamar is a rich man’s RGKnee, but he still won’t last long.
I guess the NFL will collapse if it doesn't get the viewership revenue from a game that's now being played in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday.

Jozu

Nah man.

Obviously jackson has struggled this year. Defenses are clueing in on what he is up to and are gunning off of his lack of pre snap awareness. he has also struggled to throw the ball. But he is way better than RG3. Griffin III was an exciting ball carrier, but he literally has NO CLUE on how to slide properly, or even get down to avoid contact when he takes off to run. Jackson is an electrifying runner, and is much smarter with the ball in his hands. He will get out of bounds or slide to avoid big hits. He takes a lot of sacks but he was MVP last year, RGKnee was never even close to that discussion.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They've also rescheduled multiple week 13 games with completely unrelated teams as a result of all this. We're getting two MNF games and another Tuesday night game.

All of this is apparently preferable compared to having the Ravens concede a football game they were statistically favored to lose.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the thing, whatever analyst they had on wasn't wrong. Wentz needs to play better, but he's in such a laughable spot. Ertz fell off a cliff, Desean Jackson played...4 games? Probably left 3 of those early, too. I love that they're tied to his contract, though, and not knowing what to do.
The Eagles for whatever reason stick with mistakenly drafted receivers and guys past their primes way too long. Their line should be better but with all the injuries they are in a tough spot. That being said, all those sacks are not on the line or due to good defensive plays. I would venture Wentz has taken 10 sacks that most other quarterbacks wouldn't have and probably 15 that great quarterbacks wouldn't have. He is big and supposedly athletic but his mechanics suck and he makes some insanely garbage throws.

Desean was playing well but he is always hurt anymore ditto for their other veteran receivers. They seemed to have gotten lucky with one receiver(Fulgham) out of the draft in the last like 8. They do have good TE's but you need more than TE seam routes and rb wheel routes. They need a good running game to offset their wr woes or to get them some better wr's. Even when at full strength Wentz has deteriorated a lot from his first two years.

Edit: Fulgham wasn't a draft pick now that I think about it

Animosity

They've also rescheduled multiple week 13 games with completely unrelated teams as a result of all this. We're getting two MNF games and another Tuesday night game.

All of this is apparently preferable compared to having the Ravens concede a football game they were statistically favored to lose.
We get the 3 weeks straight of prime time Raven's games. Im so excited..

Schedule is so fucked. We get Monday and Tuesday games next week, followed by some Saturday games too.

• 1Worf