NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Galchenyuk is coming into his own this season..I expect much 80+ pts seasons
biggrin.png
So glad he was still avail at 3...Thank god he was injured his junior year prior to draft!!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens lost because Fleury was getting a day off. Now I miss Vokoun=/

Oh well, season's over. When's spring training start for baseball since there's no NFL this year?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks shit on the Blues, but boiler gets fucking wrecked by the asshat lappy. I hope that cunt gets a massive fucking suspension for this one. It was hard to watch the game after seeing boiler go down and not even move.

Now it's down to just the Sharks and the Av's on the undefeated list!

Nutron_sl

shitlord
When will oilers owners fire every single person in their staff and get competent people to run that team? It's sad how much talent is being wasted there...

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
aaaand lappy is getting a hearing. Any bets on how long he gets? I'm guessing 10 games, but i'm hoping they just fucking crucify him as an example.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
When will oilers owners fire every single person in their staff and get competent people to run that team? It's sad how much talent is being wasted there...
Probably never. Katz was an ass kissing, midget, soon to be billionaire goofball in the 80's trying to catch a bit of the glory of the dynasty years hanging out with Gretzky et al. So the chances of him cleaning out Lowe and company aren't too high. How in the fuck Lowe still has a job is beyond me, given how badly the team has been managed since the 2006 Cup run.

That said, I have a bit more respect for MacTavish, and so far I've liked most of the coaching decisions made by Eakins. He's been playing the stars a shitload (RNH played 28 minutes his first game back, that's unheard of in the NHL), is aggressive in pulling the goalie and going for tying goals, and is using guys fairly well in their various roles. We've largely been a victim of horrendous goaltending to this point, and while some people questioned whether Dubnyk was a bonafide starter, I don't think anyone predicted him to play as horrifically as he has. If we had even decent goaltending, we'd probably be a .500 team to this point. Hopefully Dubnyk turns it around quickly.

I thought that the Oilers hung in there okay against the Penguins last night. At some points we got hemmed in to our zone, but the Pens can do that to just about any team in the NHL.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matt Cooke wants to show Kaleta how to change his game.
History tells me you say this as a joke, but anyone being impartial can see he cleaned up his game. He went from a filthy scumbag to a normal NHL pest type. We've had this discussion multiple times so I'm not gonna drag it out. He's still dirty, but he's the normal NHL dirty that every team has on their bench not suspended-every-season dirty. After that 2011 shitshow that almost got him run out of town he had 44 penalty minutes the next year and they started using him on special teams more. He was on pace last season for 60ish if they played a full schedule. You know how many penalty minutes he has this year? 0. All with the same or increased TOI.

Cooke to Kaleta: I can help you change - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Small sample size but he's also leading the team in points right now. A couple of goals have been pretty fluky but I get the impression after watching him more closely that's kind of how his offensive game works. He's great on the penalty kill and has done nothing wrong so far for me to have any dislike for him.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully never so that Eomer suffers for the rest of his life

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'll just take solace in the fact that it took Chicago 87 years to win the 5 Cups that the Oilers did in 10.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Come on bro, do you really take solace in something that last happened during the Cold War?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Technically Reagan and Gorbachev declared the cold war over about 6 months before we won the last Cup. So neener.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
bro, it is widely agreed that Cold War lasted from 1947-1991

i.e. from first successful nuclear test by USSR to the Soviet collapse

What's it like to walk into that arena, look up in the rafters and see the last championship banner, all faded, barely recognizable. It's been so long

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The Cold War, often dated from 1947 to 1991, was a sustained state of political and military tension between powers in the Western Bloc, dominated by the United States with NATO among its allies, and powers in the Eastern Bloc, dominated by the Soviet Union along with the Warsaw Pact. This began after the success of their temporary wartime alliance against Nazi Germany, leaving the USSR and the US as two superpowers with profound economic and political differences. A neutral faction arose with the Non-Aligned Movement founded by Egypt, India, and Yugoslavia; this faction rejected association with either the US-led West or the Soviet-led East.

Cold War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia