NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Seems like an odd time for the goal tender interference call.

However, what he did wasn't okay. He didn't just try to play the puck, he made fairly hard contact with a goalie. Yeah, even if he's out of the net, you don't do that shit. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get pounded by the Rangers. Nice impulse control on their part.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think Rangers are showing fatigue a lot more than the Kings. I hope they all get a little shut eye during the intermission.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So even if the goalie is out of the crease and handling the puck, you still can't touch him?
Yeah, basically. Unless he intentionally gets in a player's way, even outside of the crease he's untouchable. And I agree that the third LA goal probably shouldn't have counted. There's some argument that the Rangers D hit King (I think it was him) in to Lundqvist, and I would imagine that's what the explanation on the ice was, but what should have happened was a no-goal call and face-off outside the zone, with no penalty. I don't really blame the ref though, at full game speed that shit is a very difficult call to make.

Jovec

?
Yeah, basically. Unless he intentionally gets in a player's way, even outside of the crease he's untouchable. And I agree that the third LA goal probably shouldn't have counted. There's some argument that the Rangers D hit King (I think it was him) in to Lundqvist, and I would imagine that's what the explanation on the ice was, but what should have happened was a no-goal call and face-off outside the zone, with no penalty. I don't really blame the ref though, at full game speed that shit is a very difficult call to make.
Not embedding due to size (~4MB)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z...-no/hockey.gif

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
King being pushed into Lundqvist by Mac would of made a more convincing argument, however the explanation given was that the puck had already passed him.

Can't even really get too mad at the officials on a call that close. There is NO LOGICAL REASON for such an important goal like that to not get reviewed. That rule needs to be adjusted.

Not even gonna get into the delay of game call they missed seconds before Brown scored in O.T.

And yes, i'm still butthurt!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they need to get their shit together for goalie interference reviews. This shit has been ongoing for 20 fucking years now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't commented on any of the games this series, but wow, that was pathetic. Rangers looked slow as shit, except for with about 6 minutes in the 3rd when they started flying all over the rink...for nothing. And when they pulled Lundqvist, I feel like they didn't even get a single shot on goal. Terrible, terrible performance.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers played faster and had more quality chances during the first two periods for sure. They fucked themselves with penalties and didn't capitalize on the PP.

That said, LA played the perfect road game. They did just about everything right the last 40 minutes and Quick just would not be denied. Serves me right for having hope.

I shall never dream again.