NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty epic comeback from the Rangers tonight. Right after I talk the Wild up. What a horrid 3rd period. Absolute control of the game up until then.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty epic comeback from the Rangers tonight. Right after I talk the Wild up. What a horrid 3rd period. Absolute control of the game up until then.
I'd split the first period down the middle. Rangers looked good the first 10 minutes but yeah, the wild came back hard on the back half. Second Period was all Minnesota technically, but if you consider they had TWO five minute major pp's and failed to convert, how much control did they really have? Rangers pk (or more so the Wild's lack of a PP I suppose) kept them in the game and was the biggest factor by far.

That's the second big last minute comeback for the Rangers so far and by god were they fun as hell to watch. Nash's hot streak continues with his 9th goal in 9 games putting him back in a tied lead with Perry. Ranger's are finally generating offense succesfully it's just too bad their blue line keeps shitting the bed now. With the newly appointed captain Mac struggling to live up to the hype, Boyle still out injured, and Girardi being Girardi, poor Hanks numbers look like shitty shit. If that weren't bad enough I can also see J Moore sitting out a few games for that nasty hit.

Edit: Apparently this was only the second comeback in franchise history being down by 3 goals in the third. The last time it happened was in 1956.... that shits crazy.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Was at the Pens and Predators game in Nashville on Saturday night. It was amusing listening to Penguins fans that were confused by MAF's shutout.

I don't remember a whole lot otherwise. I was absolutely hammered.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Small sample size and everything but Kuemper looks like an absolute stud through 6 games (technically 5 with Backstom starting one).

I think the Wild can make a run at the conference finals this year. Still probably need a season or two for a couple of the young guys to really develop into impact players, but Granlund and Nino are right on that cusp.
ehehehhehe

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
True, true. All of our wins are against Eastern teams. God the East sucks. West vs. East is 26-15-5 right now. I'm petitioning for the Oil to be moved to the East. They'd be a playoff team.

Fadaar

That guy
True, true. All of our wins are against Eastern teams. God the East sucks. West vs. East is 26-15-5 right now. I'm petitioning for the Oil to be moved to the East. They'd be a playoff team.
Lightning are 3-1-1 against the west so far this year, and those were all on the road
tongue.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Habs are 8-2 but those numbers doesn't represent the product on the ice at all. We've played pretty badly all year so far, and have been extremely opportunistic or Price saved us on a few game.

If we don't start showing up, we'll be this year Toronto...great start and crumble in second when our bad on ice numbers start to reflect themselves properly on the win-lose columns.

I think we have a solid team, but we're not playing well.

Watching the Oilers game against the Habs, I now understand why they are at the bottom every year...there's like no fucking system that I could see, no structure at all to their game. They beat us, shows how badly we are playing.
smile.png

Calgary might not have a lot of talent, but they have a lot of structure and everyone plays the same system. Very different game, lucky we had Price in top form because we simply were totally outplayed for most of the game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens 1st line of Crosby/Kunitz/Hornqvist has 45 points through 10 games.

I did not realize what a gunner Hornqvist was. He'sperfectfor playing alongside Sid. He might actually be the guy they've been looking for since...Sid was drafted. Too many guys have always been so worried about getting the puck back to him after a pass, when it's generally better to just put it on net. Sid will generate his own scoring opportunities. With his shot rate and Sid feeding him pucks he should be able to crank out 35-40 goals no problem.

Christ it's going to be brutal when Fleury fucks this team out of the playoffs...

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Pens/Wild should be a pretty good match up tonight. Obviously the top of your guys roster is intimidating to anyone, but we have more depth and play lights out at home.

Curious how good of a start to the season the Wild have to have before my comments about depth up above make any sense to the rest of you.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's nice for them that all the building over the last few years is paying off. Though I have to say the Pens 3rd/4th lines are better than they've been in past years. If their defense can just stop getting cancer and having strokes the D depth won't be bad either.