NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was a report yesterday that Fleury rush ordered 2 helmets, and he's been practicing.

Murray is "day to day with an upper body injury". Hockey injury news is so meaningless.

Holy Maatta is practicing.

Malkin is not practicing and won't be available to start the series.

Nick Bonino has been great in relief, but yeah Malkin coming back would be huge.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Perfectly okay with rushing Fluery back. Two concussions this year? Dude's brain is half milkshake by now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Btw thoughts on whether or not we should make a new thread for playoffs? Was going to do my predictions for Round 1

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I support it, but considering only like 6 people even read this thread (even less after the first round...)i'm not sure it's really necessary. Wish more people liked Hockey =(

Merrith

Well then:

EAST

Philadelphia @WashingtonCaps in 6, but who knows cause it's the Caps.
NY Islanders @FloridaPanthers in 6, Isles too banged up I think, but Florida has some guys without a lot of experience.
NY Rangers @PittsburghPens in 5. Lundqvist going nuts is only chance I see for the Rags this time around.
Detroit@ Tampa Bay Wings in 7. Tampa banged up, plus I felt weird picking all the home teams.

WEST

Minnesota @DallasStars in 5, simply too much firepower for the Wild imo.
Nashville @AnaheimDucks in 6. Could be shorter, but I expect Nashville to put up more of a fight than Minnesota.
Chicago @St. LouisBlues in 7. Fuck it, they have to get over the hump eventually.
San Jose @LA KingsKings in 7. Tight series, could easily go the other way.

Merrith

12963567_1069745029750071_5225285028106166138_n.jpg

Least shocking chart ever.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Least shocking chart ever.
Yeah, those poor teams on the right never get the breaks needed to win a championship! Except the part where 2 of the bottom 3 have won a combined 4 of the last 6 Cups. Spoiler alert, the odd team out is Washington.

In fact the Kings and Rangers are the only teams in the positive to evenmakethe Finals in the last 6 seasons.

It's not surprising, like you said, but it's also almost entirely meaningless.

Fadaar

That guy
I know I'm cursing them by saying this but the Lightning aren't looking near as terrible as I expected

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lets keep playing Girardi and Staal against the top line in clutch minutes. No way it costs us THREE times.

Merrith

Yeah, those poor teams on the right never get the breaks needed to win a championship! Except the part where 2 of the bottom 3 have won a combined 4 of the last 6 Cups. Spoiler alert, the odd team out is Washington.

In fact the Kings and Rangers are the only teams in the positive to evenmakethe Finals in the last 6 seasons.

It's not surprising, like you said, but it's also almost entirely meaningless.
Would be curious to see the breakdown of which years they were in the positive and the negative. Lol @ including Boston, Cup was like 5 years ago. It also required the greatest goaltending in the playoffs and three Game 7's to happen.

Merrith

I'd say tonight we see which Caps team is coming to play this year, but we all know it'll probably go 7 regardless.