NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From a Rangers beat writer's Twitter.

"The Rangers have recalled goalie Magnus Hellberg from Hartford (AHL), doesn't seem like a good sign for Henrik Lundqvist's availability"

Good job, Staal. Awesome to see he's even more efficient taking out his own star player with sticks to the head than he is opponent's star players. Not for lack of effort, obviously.

I hope his dick gets Clint Malarchuked at the face-off circle. Scumfuck.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm convinced this year will be different. I don't know why I do it to myself though.
I mean, I still think we'll win the series, and make a deeper run. Doesn't mean we won't make it as tough on ourselves as possible, though.

Rags are fucked if Lundqvist can't go. They're probably fucked even if he can go.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure it's only precautionary but even still, Raanta is fine. Goaltending is the only issue we DON'T have. For the most part we played well, the tire fire isn't full blaze yet. Girardi lost it for us about as much as Jakoff won it in the first. The score makes the game seem way more lopsided than it was.

Edit: i'm actually probably giving Zatkoff too much credit here, Pens did a really good job blocking shots.

Merrith

Back to back powerplays, thank fuck. That first one in the 2nd period was brutal with nothing going in.
I thought we've had pretty good zone time on all 3 (well, 2.1 with the goal) PP's. Plenty of chances, finally got a bounce. Haven't seen the Flyers establish much at 5 on 5 yet. Figure they'll have a push coming up in the 3rd.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel like the Caps got super lucky at about the point of that Wilson/Simmons penalty. There were probably 3 instances where I feel like the Caps could've been called for a penalty, not including the hit that Wilson had that started the run.

Merrith

Feel like the Caps got super lucky at about the point of that Wilson/Simmons penalty. There were probably 3 instances where I feel like the Caps could've been called for a penalty, not including the hit that Wilson had that started the run.
There were plenty they let go on the Flyers after we got the double minor PP as well, though. Would prefer a little less ref involvement. Love how the refs give Simmonds a roughing to avoid having to call an instigator on him.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lundqvist in, Girardi out!! Praise jebus!!

Now if this knuckle head AV would only play Lindberg over Glass we might have a decent 4 lines. This schmuck plays Tanner with 4 minutes left down 2 goals. Tanner Glass. Our worst player by far... I just don't understand that unless his role was to murder somebody.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanner Glass. Our worst player by far... I just don't understand that unless his role was to murder somebody.
He was doing all the dirty little shit in game one that he could get away with so that really might be it. They didn't want to risk losing Marc Staal so Tanner gets the call. Little did they know Staal would get antsy and go all Tim McCracken on his own goalie.

It's like top to bottom baby stuff with this team.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know most of you hate NBC's broadcasts (is it because of Pierre?), but Saturday the Rags/Pens game, and Sunday the Blues/Hawks games will both be on NBC. It's nice for me since I only use an over the air antenna now, and I hate streaming the NHL.

Merrith

I'm not going to lie, it's mostly because of Pierre. At times Eddie O. bugs the shit out of me too. I'm fairly neutral on Doc.

Merrith

Larkin pretty blatant forearm/elbow shiver to Drouin's mouth, draws blood, no call.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Larkin pretty blatant forearm/elbow shiver to Drouin's mouth, draws blood, no call.
Datsyuk gets a 2 minute minor for getting his tooth knocked out. And Tampa gets a 2 minute minor on a phantom call. Officiating in this game is all around awful.