NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The way that game was called, Pens would of walked away with a 5 on 3 if someone dropped the gloves in his defense.

In brighter news, looking really good for McDonagh tonight. Just hope they aren't rushing him like the TB series last year. Dude was playing on a broken ankle and pretty much useless all game 7.
I hope you guys beat each other up for 5 more mostly boring games.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
zuxf2m5.gif

Merrith

Was pretty amazing when Letang went all Duncan Keith whacking a guy in the face, split open a lip, but avoided any kind of discipline whatsoever.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
At least they are being consistent!

I just don't know what AV is doing anymore. He had the Tanner 4th line out against the Crosby line more than any other single line the whole game. Doesn't shorten his bench or double shift Nash and Kreider who were flying when we were down 1 goal in the third. Pairs Boyle and Yandle, two high risk offensive fowards, mid game with very little on ice chemistry, where they then proceeded to run into each leading to that gwg. What was he telling his players the 20th time our fowards ran into a wall into the neutral zone there in the third?

The strategy so far seems to be:

Run over everyone.
Set up the impossible, perfect pass play
on a backup freaking goalie.
Pray?

Merrith

At least they are being consistent!

I just don't know what AV is doing anymore. He had the Tanner 4th line out against the Crosby line more than any other single line the whole game. Doesn't shorten his bench or double shift Nash and Kreider who were flying when we were down 1 goal in the third. Pairs Boyle and Yandle, two high risk offensive fowards, mid game with very little on ice chemistry, where they then proceeded to run into each leading to that gwg. What was he telling his players the 20th time our fowards ran into a wall into the neutral zone there in the third?

The strategy so far seems to be:

Run over everyone.
Set up the impossible, perfect pass play
on a backup freaking goalie.
Pray?
Lundqvist is going to have to completely steal at least one game the rest of the way I think. Not that he's been bad, but if you guys lose tomorrow night I think you're done.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lundqvist is going to have to completely steal at least one game the rest of the way I think. Not that he's been bad, but if you guys lose tomorrow night I think you're done.
Yeah there's definitely no way the Rangers could come back from 3-1 down against the Penguins. Preposterous.

I'm sure the slow mo makes the Letang slash look worse, more premeditated, but that was very fucking blatant. He probably won't get a 1 game suspension, no history etc, but they should sure as fuck fine him.

Do they ever give penalties based on replays? It was a very fast play, I can see the back judge in the opposite corner missing it real time.

Merrith

Yeah there's definitely no way the Rangers could come back from 3-1 down against the Penguins. Preposterous.

I'm sure the slow mo makes the Letang slash look worse, more premeditated, but that was very fucking blatant. He probably won't get a 1 game suspension, no history etc, but they should sure as fuck fine him.

Do they ever give penalties based on replays? It was a very fast play, I can see the back judge in the opposite corner missing it real time.
He has a history of being a dirty little shit, just none of supplementary discipline.

Also, it's not like you're missing Sid and Geno this time for them to come back from 3-1 down.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He got suspended for boarding 5 years ago. He's no dirtier than any other defenseman out there.

Also re-watching it over and over, the butt of his stick gets caught on the board, that's what makes it swing. Or swing so hard rather, still looks like he had intent in that direction just not quite to the degree it ended up being. Either way you're supposed to be in control of your stick at all times.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure why the Caps look so putrid in 5 on 5's this entire series. I had to leave after the 2nd period, but their faceoffs were god awful tonight too.

Merrith

He got suspended for boarding 5 years ago. He's no dirtier than any other defenseman out there.

Also re-watching it over and over, the butt of his stick gets caught on the board, that's what makes it swing. Or swing so hard rather, still looks like he had intent in that direction just not quite to the degree it ended up being. Either way you're supposed to be in control of your stick at all times.
He's not the bad hits with majors for boarding dirty...he's the stickwork behind the play dirty. And yes, he's a good bit dirty as far as that goes than a lot of other D men.

I can sort of buy that explanation for the slash, b/c I don't think he just decided to two hand a guy to the throat/face area. Wasn't even really any sort of retaliation.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
^^ Gotta agree, fuck Brown pretty much. One more to go sharkies, stay strong.

I can sort of buy that explanation for the slash, b/c I don't think he just decided to two hand a guy to the throat/face area. Wasn't even really any sort of retaliation.
I never really thought of him as a dirty player, but then I don't pay too much attention to him outside playing ny. I'm sure it was intentional though. We have been targeting him all series and he must of been absolutely ran over at least 6 or 7 times that game alone, i'm sure he was frustrated.

Edit: According to Stalberg today he also lied about apologizing about it, friggen douche..

Merrith

I'm not trying to list Letang on the levels of say...Brad Marchand...but he engages in a lot of stick work behind the play.

Merrith

Just need to do our part tomorrow...and that inevitable 2nd round match up looks like it's all but a lock.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha even Kunitz doesn't know why thats not a penalty....

Seriously though, this is like philly levels of embarassing. So much over paid dead weight, this team is in for a huge gutting in the offseason.