NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Haha, intermission so I finally checked into an oilers game to see McJesus. Within seconds of me watching, he slams Oduya's face into the boards with a nasty check from behind. Nothing called, shocker...
Missed most of the game last night. But yeah, that should have been a boarding minor. The ref was standing right there, not sure what his reasoning for that not being a penalty was.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Missed most of the game last night. But yeah, that should have been a boarding minor. The ref was standing right there, not sure what his reasoning for that not being a penalty was.
I'll take Good Hard, Canadian Hockey for 1000, Alex.

Merrith

So Ovechkin broke the news on why he didn't play last night. Trotz benched him because he set his alarm incorrectly for 8:30pm instead of 8:30am and overslept practice. Supposedly reason why Trotz didn't go public with it was that he didn't feel like it was a big deal, just a simple mistake...but that everyone gets held to the same standard (Joel Ward missed a game for the same thing a couple years back when he was here).

Canadian media going on and on about lazy Russians is now a go.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I never understand that excuse. I have never once miss set my alarm and my salary is a pittance comparatively. I triple check that shit. Either way, let the Trotz/Ovie rift BEGINNNN muahahah!

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I have been collecting Tim Horton upper deck hockey card for fun. Now that I look at all the card I have I don't know if I should be happy or ashamed....

Merrith

I never understand that excuse. I have never once miss set my alarm and my salary is a pittance comparatively. I triple check that shit. Either way, let the Trotz/Ovie rift BEGINNNN muahahah!
I've done it before, shit happens. Seriously doubt there is any rift whatsoever.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whether there's a rift or not we're going to hear about it and pretend it exists any time things aren't going perfectly in DC now.

BRING ON THE "RIIIIIFT"!!!!!!!!!!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Habs are 4-0, only happened 3 times before in their history.

They won the Cup each time.

Bring it back home.
smile.png

Merrith

Ovechkin and Kuznetsov finish off the 'hawks with a highlight reel goal. Just sick. Honestly both goalies kind of kept the scoring down tonight, could have been a lot more goals.

Merrith

Can't even see Ovechkin because he's below the goal line when he punches this in from almost zero angle.

BlueDigitalGnu.0.gif

Merrith

See the Ovie goal and Raise you

Spezza and Benn last night against the lightning.

Sweet look there from Spezza. Benn had way more of an angle than Ovie appeared to though. Still think 9 times out of 10 Kuznetsov should just shoot from his position instead of trying that pass back to Ovechkin.

Merrith

That Ovie goal wasn't even in the top 100 for him. Was actually pretty basic.

Dope as hell pass though.
Just a crazy angle to somehow still be able to put it home from. He damn sure wasn't expecting the puck to come back his way.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But it really wasn't a crazy angle. His stick was still well over the line and he was only punching it in from about a foot away. *I* probably couldn't do it, but 90% of the players in the league could.

It's just....mundane. For Ovechkin that is.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Agreed. Fantastic pass, but the angle isn't all that impressive. If he was shooting that from further away from the net along the goal line then yeah it gets more impressive, but that was a tap in from 2 feet. Meh.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was one during the playoffs that was way more impressive. For some reason I want to say it was a Rags game, but it was pretty much on the line and from the glass.