NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens have crawled their way up to .500 without anyone really lookinggood. It's a far cry from last season when the PP was scoring at near 50% for a while to start the season. I just keep waiting for the *click* that sends the offense on some run.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Habs now 7-0 and only let 7 goals in their the first 7 games.

Price is playing like last year, but we're doing better offensively.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Eichel is looking damn good and the Sabres as a team just seem to have more life to them despite the 1-4 record. They're actually outshooting their opponents, which was something rarely said last year. Still a rebuilding year but damn if the future don't look bright.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Torts to Columbus. Actually a pretty good fit but fuck that dude needs to stop getting work and just retire already.

Habs now 7-0 and only let 7 goals in their the first 7 games.

Price is playing like last year, but we're doing better offensively.
I'm convinced the habs are going undefeated this year. They are playing scary good hockey.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't wait to see how the Habs blow it in the postseason this year
If there's any justice, somehow the Caps will end up a wild card and play them in round 1. Habs go up 3-1 in the series, only to lose 3 straight while Holtby goes all Halak mode on acid. Caps up 1-0 going into the 3rd period of Game 7, Habs come out a house of fire and look to have tied the game up within the first minute, but the goal gets waved off for a Hab disturbing Holtby's hair with the wind him skating by creates. Habs never recover and Caps move on.

Merrith

Torts back in the Metro...not sure what will happen in Columbus now. With him behind the bench, anything is in play.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Bahahaha and it cost CBJ a second round pick!? What in the actual fuck goes on??

Some quiet corner in Columbus, Saad is softly weeping.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If any market is going to ever work for Torts, it's Columbus. Maybe Florida or Arizona. In any case, I look forward to him losing his mind about one thing or another. You'd think at some point he'd learn to control himself, but I think he's legitimately crazy.

In any case, this McDavid kid is alright. Watch how he separates from Richards on the rush. Two strides, he's 6-8 feet ahead and Richards has no chance of catching him. It's ridiculous how fast he is. His hands are alright, too.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
McDavid kind of caught him with a bit of interference, but Richards was trying to get to the wrong guy initially before he realized he should have stuck with McDavid. In any case, his progress from the first game till now is impressive. I didn't watch Crosby that closely back in the day, but it's really fun seeing him figure the league out. The non-goal against Calgary was even more impressive, but Hiller topped him:

Again, look at that speed as he closed on the Calgary D and turned the puck over. When the puck was flipped up he was a solid 20-30 feet away from the Calgary D. By the time it came down he was on his ass. He beat three guys on the play, but didn't expect Hiller to get the paddle down.

Merrith

Just a horrible giveaway to start that whole play. Calgary's D is so bad. I knew we were going to shred them horribly and we did a few nights later.

Merrith

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Assuming Ovie doesn't eat him with a side of borshct tomorrow night.
McDavid might get to see Grubauer in net for us tomorrow night instead of Holtby. Grubs is pretty decent though.

Also heard Pens got booed off the ice at Consol after failing to score on an extended 6 on 3. Was it as glorious a failure as I'm picturing in my head? Letang/Sid/Malkin/Kessel + 2 bodies couldn't pot one past 3 D and whoever Dallas had in net tonight?

Edit: I guess it would be 2 D and a forward most likely

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lundqvist with another highlight reel save after being caught out of net. That's the third time in eight games. They are fun to watch in hindsight, but for the love of god keep your beautiful buns parked between the pipes!

Also heard Pens got booed off the ice at Consol after failing to score on an extended 6 on 3. Was it as glorious a failure as I'm picturing in my head? Letang/Sid/Malkin/Kessel + 2 bodies couldn't pot one past 3 D and whoever Dallas had in net tonight?
Sounds about right. Somewhere in Buffalo, Bylsma is laughing maniacally.

JK JK... No one in Buffalo is happy to be there. Ever.

Merrith

Ovechkin does it again. Caps pull it out in regulation at Vancouver. Ovechkin remains on pace for 81 goals. No, it won't last, but it's fun watching him pot one every game.

Merrith

I was a little worried in the 2nd.
Given we're averaging the most goals per game in the lead (and it's only bigger if you take away the 5-0 game against the Sharks when Ovechkin and Backstrom were out), being down 2-1 and with a PP to start the 3rd didn't seem too daunting.

Merrith

Eomer...this is fun. McDavid can absolutely fly. Our top two lines almost seem in competition. I wasn't sold on Backstrom being on the "2nd" line, but it's working just fine right now. People all talk about the Oshie acquisition (rightfully so), but I think the Justin Williams signing is very underrated. So many little things he does well.