NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully. Need Caps and Pens to enjoy a nice post-cup slump in time for the Rangers to rebuild and have a run. Though NJ, Philly and CBJ are all on the rise as well so probably just wishful thinking.

Guessing regardless of the outcome, Trotz keeps his job so you'll of dodged the AV bullet.

I'm not sold Trotz keeps his job. Successor kind of already in house with Rierden, who we blocked from having interviews last offseason for other head coaching positions.

We'll see about the "on the rise" teams. For all the talent, CBJ has yet to win a playoff series yet in their history, and Philly despite making the playoffs 2 of last 3 years haven't gotten out of the 1st round either time. We'll see what Jersey can put in place around Hall. Rumors are if Carlson does actually get to free agency, they'd be one of the teams looking to sign him (he's from Jersey).

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
After finally exorcising their penguins demon and somehow recovering from a full on collapse against Tampa, I'm very tempted to pick the Caps to finally lift the cup. Unfortunately, their ultimate nemesis Fleury remains in the way and he's playing at an otherworldly level right now. My expectation for the Caps to lose every round has been incorrect so far so hopefully that keeps up, but my pick is Vegas in 5

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Holy fuck this intro is awesome

Tournament of the god damn kings baby

Needless

Toe Sucker
Jets one was better but still gucci

VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGK VGKVGK VGK VGK VGK

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is going to be very funny when the Caps lose to Fleury again. Go Vegas, win it all your first year.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That opening show was bloody brilliant.

Also, can the linesmen be less jackassy? I'm so sick of them yelling at players in the faceoff circle.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Caps look nervous. Was hoping they’d survive the first 10 minutes without giving up a goal. Now they need to make it through the period to settle down.

Edit: and the third line is doing work

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Vegas has such a manic and chaotic forecheck, I love it. From the first game I saw early in the season to the SCF, they battle their hardest for every possession. Lets see if their D can can follow suit.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is good hockey. I love it. I don't want any blow outs either direction.

Also, if you don't think Fleury is the finest thing on skates right now, you're wrong.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Good job refs on losing control and letting guys get potentially getting hurt when you no call obvious shit.