NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good job refs on losing control and letting guys get potentially getting hurt when you no call obvious shit.
Agreed, things will get nastier from this point cause they didn't do their job. And now they're giving a 4-on-4 for... what now? Should be a PP on two different plays.

edit: regardless of the officiating, the Caps blew it on Vegas' 5th goal. People will argue that taking away Vegas' 4th goal and putting the Caps on the PP would/could have changed everything but if they can't get a 5th here it really lessens the argument that it wouldn't have gone at least OT anyways.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure I can take a whole series of that.

Also, pretty sure I said the same thing after game one of the Blue Jackets.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So it was a fun game to watch, but the officiating was pretty crap. Regardless, no one can count out the Caps. More great hockey to come!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Funny thing is these are literally the best refs in the league. Having said that, i'm sure their orders were to let them play and keep penalties to a minimum, and I much prefer that as an unbias spectator in a series like this.

Game was awesome btw, gonna be a great series of hockey.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Was a good game. Orlov and Ovie looked like they psyched themselves out this game and didn’t look like their usual selves. Caps definitely had some puck luck to keep it close, but they need to fix the d. They got out worked to the puck and blew coverage on 4 of those goals. I have a feeling Trotz is going to sit one of the kids for some Grit in game 2 or 3.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I'm really psyched. Going to game 5 in Vegas. I'm a season ticket holder since they started, so I'm pretty sure I've got all you bandwagoner's beat. I'm hoping they can with both at home, split in Washington, then finish them off in Vegas. A boy can dream right?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
that was a wild ass game

jelly you can do a playoffs game, what do tickets go for a finals game? lmao

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
that was a wild ass game

jelly you can do a playoffs game, what do tickets go for a finals game? lmao
Not sure what they actually sold for on Friday, or for how many, but I looked at tickets for tonight's game and the nosebleeds, behind the goalie, were like $800.

Merrith

Funny thing is these are literally the best refs in the league. Having said that, i'm sure their orders were to let them play and keep penalties to a minimum, and I much prefer that as an unbias spectator in a series like this.

Game was awesome btw, gonna be a great series of hockey.

I'm fine with the "let them play" idea in general...but stuff that leads to direct scoring chances usually gets called. Is what it is. If Eller doesn't miss that tap in with an empty net yawning we'd have had OT anyways. Go get Game 2 and we have a split anyways.

Merrith

Was a good game. Orlov and Ovie looked like they psyched themselves out this game and didn’t look like their usual selves. Caps definitely had some puck luck to keep it close, but they need to fix the d. They got out worked to the puck and blew coverage on 4 of those goals. I have a feeling Trotz is going to sit one of the kids for some Grit in game 2 or 3.

Not sure which puck luck we're talking about. Carlson hits two posts, and blatant cross check in front of the net leads to their tying goal. Wilson's goal was fortunate, but we also missed some easy chances the rest of the night.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm really psyched. Going to game 5 in Vegas. I'm a season ticket holder since they started, so I'm pretty sure I've got all you bandwagoner's beat. I'm hoping they can with both at home, split in Washington, then finish them off in Vegas. A boy can dream right?

So you're not going to any finals games? Bummer.

I'll be at game 2

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm fine with the "let them play" idea in general...but stuff that leads to direct scoring chances usually gets called. Is what it is. If Eller doesn't miss that tap in with an empty net yawning we'd have had OT anyways. Go get Game 2 and we have a split anyways.

Yeah I get it, it sucks the way it went down. Those plays happen all the time, but the fact that the goal came so quick after was how it got all fuckey. Either way I guess the ref could of raised his arm as soon as the puck crossed the line. I will say, the crease should of been cleared (like the beating Oshie was taking on the other end). Two other white sweaters next to Reaves at the time of that play. We'll just have to wait and see how consitent they are with the calls next game I guess.

Merrith

Yeah I get it, it sucks the way it went down. Those plays happen all the time, but the fact that the goal came so quick after was how it got all fuckey. Either way I guess the ref could of raised his arm as soon as the puck crossed the line. I will say, the crease should of been cleared (like the beating Oshie was taking on the other end). Two other white sweaters next to Reaves at the time of that play. We'll just have to wait and see how consitent they are with the calls next game I guess.

Yeah prior to the cross check Kempny was sitting there swiping at a bouncing puck basically right next to the post and missing. I mean, kick it to the corner or something, don't leave it in that spot. Ice was pretty bad in general last night, although both teams should just get used to that. Vegas and DC early June shouldn't be expecting prime ice conditions.

There was a lot of little mistakes that you can point to more than any one missed call for the loss, but I totally understand people being like "well, 4-3 lead still with Caps getting another PP is a lot different than 4-4 and Vegas stealing the momentum".

As for the consistency, we'll see. I think it was pretty consistent, since we have 3 PP's in our last 4 games.

Merrith

Feel like Kuzy probably broke his wrist. Whatever it was it didn't look good.

Hoping it's not that. Lot of people up in arms over the hit, frankly just looked normal to me, pretty much a nothingburger other than the fact he got hurt as a result.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The fucking officiating sucks donkey balls. I won't watch all of this game as it has already been decided for Vegas. Just give the refs a chance.