NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Copp to Detroit for 5y at $5.625m. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Edit: Oli Maatta, 1y, $2.25m.

Looks like Chiarot as well (terrified on term and aav on this one). So one top 6 forward and 2 NHL LD is looking good.

Flurry of Bolts extensions leaves them at $79m in cap with 13 players signed after this season.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tampa going ham. Three 8 year deals. They already have less than 5 million in cap space for next year with a bunch of spots to fill (cap might go up, though).

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Looks like Chiarot as well (terrified on term and aav on this one). So one top 6 forward and 2 NHL LD is looking good.

Flurry of Bolts extensions leaves them at $79m in cap with 13 players signed next season.

My brother in law is a Rangers fan and he'd rather have Copp instead of Trocheck. Hopefully it works out well for the Wings so I can give him shit about it this season.

Merrith

Merrith Merrith gets his man at about his price

Yeah I can live with $5.25. I'm not totally sold on Kuemper vs say Gibson...but don't have to trade for Kuemper, and should be able to go cheaper at backup with Samsonov gone. Is what it is, though, all aboard the Kuemper train now.

Merrith

Charlie Lindgren at $1.1M to backup Kuemper. Yeah, cheaper than what Samsonov signed for, so makes sense.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
My brother in law is a Rangers fan and he'd rather have Copp instead of Trocheck. Hopefully it works out well for the Wings so I can give him shit about it this season.

Copp was cool for what he was, but he's not really a Center. At least that wasn't his preference for us. Also his footspeed isn't the best. Trocheck brings much needed speed on that second line, wins faceoff's which is a HUGE issue for us and isn't as injury prone. I think he's a good get for the wings, but Drury was wise in seeing he wasn't a fit here long term.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Like what the Rangers did overall, 7 years is kinda alot but we got our legit 2C locked in. Halak is kinda funny, was a penciled loss every time we played him.

Canes essentially traded Hamilton for 1 year of DeAngelo and Brent Burns. Not great.

Sorry Merrith, but I think that Kuemper deal will be a nightmare. He was not very impressive these playoffs and that was behind a pretty solid defense. I get why they did what they did, but long term Samsonov or VV will probably look like the better option. Who am I to say though, I haven't watched enough of either of them.

If NJ gets Gaudreau that will make them a better regular season team, but good lord will that be the tiniest group of Forwards i've ever seen on 1 team. They will get demolished in the post season.

Sens actually got really good? They should be a much better team going forward.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
31 year old Kadri waiting on UFA offers after his career points year.

1657743692921.png

He brings the baggage

Merrith

Like what the Rangers did overall, 7 years is kinda alot but we got our legit 2C locked in. Halak is kinda funny, was a penciled loss every time we played him.

Canes essentially traded Hamilton for 1 year of DeAngelo and Brent Burns. Not great.

Sorry Merrith, but I think that Kuemper deal will be a nightmare. He was not very impressive these playoffs and that was behind a pretty solid defense. I get why they did what they did, but long term Samsonov or VV will probably look like the better option. Who am I to say though, I haven't watched enough of either of them.

If NJ gets Gaudreau that will make them a better regular season team, but good lord will that be the tiniest group of Forwards i've ever seen on 1 team. They will get demolished in the post season.

Sens actually got really good? They should be a much better team going forward.

It's possible, I just think the playoffs is a small sample size overall, plus he was dealing with the eye injury somewhat still he suffered in Round 1. His numbers from regular season last year were actually extremely solid, and much better than Grubauer's the year before when you account for the team in front of them. He put up good numbers in Arizona, as well. Biggest concern for me is injury concern, and he's actually already 32. But his salary is cheaper last couple years of the deal to make it easier to potentially trade him by then.

I just don't see Samonov or VV ever looking like a better option, at all. VV is kinda what he is, a NHL backup. Samsonov maybe figures it all out? But he has had a lot of chances to do so and couldn't. It was time to move on one way or the other.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
It's possible, I just think the playoffs is a small sample size overall, plus he was dealing with the eye injury somewhat still he suffered in Round 1. His numbers from regular season last year were actually extremely solid, and much better than Grubauer's the year before when you account for the team in front of them. He put up good numbers in Arizona, as well. Biggest concern for me is injury concern, and he's actually already 32. But his salary is cheaper last couple years of the deal to make it easier to potentially trade him by then.

I just don't see Samonov or VV ever looking like a better option, at all. VV is kinda what he is, a NHL backup. Samsonov maybe figures it all out? But he has had a lot of chances to do so and couldn't. It was time to move on one way or the other.

All fair points. I could easily be wrong, I just hate the price tag I guess.

Merrith

All fair points. I could easily be wrong, I just hate the price tag I guess.

Given what Campell got, I'm pretty okay with it, especially being able to go pretty cheap at backup. I was expecting 5x5.5, or worse (term or $). 5.25 feels pretty okay if we get 3 good years out of him. Lets be honest, any window we have (if we even still have one) is closing very, very soon. If Backstrom can't ever play again, might already be over (unless we can use the LTIR space to make an actual acquisition that helps). He was kind of the best option out there, unless you're a Gibson truther and wanted to give up a decent amount of assets to roll the dice on that.