Night Court

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
First Episode was pretty bad. The second was better. I think John Is the best part of the show. It wasn't great or anything but not as bad as I expected. Doubt I'll watch it regularly.

Sevens

Log Wizard
First Episode was pretty bad. The second was better. I think John Is the best part of the show. It wasn't great or anything but not as bad as I expected. Doubt I'll watch it regularly.
I loved everyone on the original show...but even then John was the best part of the show.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the first two episodes were alright. Not great by 2023 standards, but they are trying to give it that 80s/90s network television feel, which is nice for the nostalgia feels. John Laroquette is definitely the best part of the show. The rest of the cast is a little meh but I think they just positioned them as good comedic foils for Laroquette's excellent delivery of comedic cynicism.

"Alright" is as far as high as I'm willing to grade it so far, but we'll see how it goes. Melissa Rauch isn't doing much comedy yet, but her character is the daughter of the old night court judge Harry Stone. Kinda seems like they're setting her up for a transition away from her current youthful over-the-top optimism and towards a bit more goofiness like Judge Harry, with maybe Fielding's cynicism infecting her over time too. Which would be an enjoyable arc for a comedy imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She didn't have implants, but she did get a reduction. She just had short girl big titty problems. Still looks good though.
3aefeea5e9703f605a00428dbc5451fa.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The canned laughter at the jokes written to not offend anyone, that are also not funny at all, is what made me turn it off. Comedy is dead as a doornail right now. Only thing I can laugh at anymore is Bill Burr standup and reruns of Cheers and Taxi.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The canned laughter at the jokes written to not offend anyone, that are also not funny at all, is what made me turn it off. Comedy is dead as a doornail right now. Only thing I can laugh at anymore is Bill Burr standup and reruns of Cheers and Taxi.
Even the most recent season of Its Always Sunny finally started giving into the PC crowd. Its ridiculous.

• 2Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Watched the first 2 episodes of this travesty.

Immediately went to vudu and purchased the full 9 seasons of the original show.

My wife didn't remember watching the show. I told her to prepare for a master class in sitcom delivery. By the time the show hits season 3 it is amazing.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

I knew this was gonna be bad, but wow was the first episode worse than I thought.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1674747070586.png

it is nbc biggest show right now. even if it keeps tanking will probably still get another season. Quantum Leap is currently at 2.4m and .36 and already renewed, but apparently does well on peacock. this show has to be dirt cheap to make.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cheers is my happy place.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 455315

it is nbc biggest show right now. even if it keeps tanking will probably still get another season. Quantum Leap is currently at 2.4m and .36 and already renewed, but apparently does well on peacock. this show has to be dirt cheap to make.

God knows they aren't paying any valuable writers that's for sure.

Animosity

Show takes place in like 2 different settings. Her office and the courtroom. Can film like 20 episodes in one day.