Night Court

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if this will get cancelled!
Strong doubt. Being fucking awful has never gotten a broadcast network show cancelled except for maybe Cop Rock or Viva Laughlin which were both awful AND musicals and therefore somehow double-stuff awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes. All shows get canceled eventually. Except for the handful that haven't been canceled yet.
It blows my mind how some are still going.
Happy Homer Simpson GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not questioning the show, I am just saying it is mind blowing how the success can last so long.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I am not questioning the show, I am just saying it is mind blowing how the success can last so long.
Gotcha. Yeah I was flipping through shows the other day and it sunk in that in the grand scheme of things in 2023, even South Park and Family Guy are barely older than The Simpsons at this point. Kinda blew my mind when I really thought about the numbers from my old man perspective lol. 740 total Simpsons episodes, 488 episodes of Family Guy / The Cleveland Show, and 319 episodes of South Park. Genuinely is mind-blowing lol.

I remember being like 8 years old and "not allowed" to watch The Simpsons as a kid. But had the house to myself before school in the mornings waiting for the bus, so I figured out where to find wild feeds of the show on our big old C-Band satellite to sneak in when I wouldn't get caught. Pretty sure I was watching the episodes as they got fed to the network before broadcast (wasn't a "real" channel, we had a descrambler box to watch illegal feeds heh). I was a smart little shit for my age lol. Those early Simpsons episodes legitimately form some of my core memories, and I still get 22 new episodes a year. We are spoiled!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gotcha. Yeah I was flipping through shows the other day and it sunk in that in the grand scheme of things in 2023, even South Park and Family Guy are barely older than The Simpsons at this point. Kinda blew my mind when I really thought about the numbers from my old man perspective lol. 740 total Simpsons episodes, 488 episodes of Family Guy / The Cleveland Show, and 319 episodes of South Park. Genuinely is mind-blowing lol.

huh? Do you mean total episodes added together? Because neither is anywhere near as old as the simpsons. Their clock starts with the Tracey Ulman Show in the mid 80's. It was a least a decade before either of those other 2 showed up.

Whats mind blowing is when you look at the numbers for soap operas.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
huh? Do you mean total episodes added together? Because neither is anywhere near as old as the simpsons. Their clock starts with the Tracey Ulman Show in the mid 80's. It was a least a decade before either of those other 2 showed up.

Yeah. A soap opera gig seems like a terrible long term job. I mean, I get they're not doing 20 takes to get the perfect scene or anything, but it's still a lot of filming to do.

Maybe they just have it down to the point where it's a regular 9 to 5 job, though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. A soap opera gig seems like a terrible long term job. I mean, I get they're not doing 20 takes to get the perfect scene or anything, but it's still a lot of filming to do.

Maybe they just have it down to the point where it's a regular 9 to 5 job, though.

yup it's gotta be fucking grueling. Even more so for the writers. Surely they don't work all year though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

South Park is 8 years older than Simpsons (1989 vs. 1997) and Family Guy 10 (1999). Total number of Family Guy and South Park episodes added together is just shy of Simpsons' total, tossing in Cleveland means we are now at the point where Family Guy / Cleveland / South Park added together has more content than Simpsons does, behemoth that it is. Meaning we have more content from the various "Simpsons knockoffs" (the world of adult cartoons in general starting with Simpsons) than we do from Simpsons itself, even just considering the first two major knockoffs together. Add in Futurama with the Simpsons family and Bob's Burgers with the knockoffs and the same trend still holds true.

Not really that big a deal but the mathematician in me and the pop culture nerd in me enjoy analyzing meaningless trends.

And yeah sure look at soap operas if you're a faggot, Mr. Whatabout

• 1Pathetic

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
South Park is 8 years older than Simpsons
This is my fault. I didn't realize you were high when I tried to make sense of your post and asked for clarification.

yah man south park and family guy are totally older than simpsons man. groovy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is my fault. I didn't realize you were high when I tried to make sense of your post and asked for clarification.

yah man south park and family guy are totally older than simpsons man. groovy.
It wasn't that hard to understand. Maybe you're just dumb?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I know I am just feeding the Troll but...
The Simpson debuted in 1989 (as its own show but was on The Tracy Ulman show before that)
South Park debuted in 1997.
You have your dates backwards.

View attachment 456736
I was clearly saying Simpsons debuted in 1989. Just accidentally said "newer" instead of "older" due to slight dyslexia. You fucks are impossible. Eat shit you absolute pedantic head up your asses fucksticks. So worried about boosting your own egos that you can't even read between the fucking lines to see what someone meant. Gotta call out the one fucking word in the entire several paragraphs that didn't add up. What's the fucking point? You feel good now? God I hate this fucking forum, genuinely don't know why I log in just to hang out with you fucking assholes. Go stick your head in a wood chipper.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty