Nightcrawler (2014)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I don't really get the comparison, either from the story or the characters.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I really liked Drive but had trouble getting into this movie. Just didn't care about any of the characters at all and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Arakkis

N00b
Just didn't care about any of the characters at all and it was uncomfortable to watch.
And this describes Drive for me. Both movies had an amoral socially inept protagonist bungling through life doing horrible shit to other people. Both movies were uncomfortable to watch because of how fucked up the main character was. That was the common theme between both movies and I'm not sure I can explain it better than that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I didn't enjoy Drive and thought it was a completely different film.

I don't watch a lot of suspense/thriller/horror films. What other good films are there that portrayed the kind of textbook psychopath like Lou was? Taxi Driver comes to mind. American Psychopath is similar but much different in the details.

After watching it I couldn't really think of a film that portrayed the high functioning psychopath better, especially one from a business-minded perspective. Plus, maybe it's the proletariat in me talking, but I rememberstudies that show how psychopathic tendencies improve CEOs/entrepreneuers, so him demonstrating that in a very clear way was interesting.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Drive was awesome but I couldn't watch Nightcrawler. Too uncomfortable watching him.

Caliane

yeah. same. I liked Drive.
Nightcrawler... I can respect it. And, its well made.. But I would not recommend anyone actually watching it. Painful and uncomfortable to actually watch.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
why do so many people find this movie hard to stomach especially on this forum. Also comparing this to Drive is retarded

khalid

Unelected Mod
why do so many people find this movie hard to stomach especially on this forum.
I dunno man, he just exuded creepy. If I met someone with his mannerisms IRL I would immediately want to do as little as possible with them.

Homsar

I dunno man, he just exuded creepy. If I met someone with his mannerisms IRL I would immediately want to do as little as possible with them.
This forum deals with Serbian film and all the other messed up stuff out there.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This forum deals with Serbian film and all the other messed up stuff out there.
Yeah, interesting. I haven't posted at all on the Serbian films though, have I? In fact, I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps the difference in reaction is because you are dealing with different people?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are we talking about A Serbian Film?

The only movie I don't think I'll ever watch?

Homsar

I was more of referring to just all the fucked up shit on the web over the years, I dont see how this movie can get under peoples skin with all the other fucked up stuff they've seen out there

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This was a very fucking weird dude, but it's a good story. I didn't have any trouble watching it. I was really happy for Gyllenhaal going at it so hard. Dude is legit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching this simply because I wasn't enjoying any of it. Whether it was "creepy" or not doesn't really matter, it just held no interest for me. Maybe I missed out on a great movie, but I still have no desire to sit down and finish it. Just not my type of movie is what it comes down to I guess.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I enjoyed it because I don't watch a lot of thrillers/suspense movies so this felt new to me. But I totally get why people didn't enjoy it because it made them uncomfortable.

There is a pretty good payoff at the end though. It's probably not worth sitting through if you don't enjoy the first third of it. He gets more and more creepy over time.

khorum

Murder Apologist
If you were unsettled by this movie, were you disturbed byThe Talented Mr. Ripleytoo? It's kinda along the same lines.

I loved both movies, but it's telling that some critics think Jake's char was more callous and vicious though he didn't kill as many ppl as Damon's char and they were both equally opportunistic.