Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

From what I can tell, GameStop is also making bundles with one popular game (Zelda, Kart, etc) and no other fluff available online now. I have no issue with that. If you're buying a Switch, 99% of people would buy one big name title with it anyway.

I'm guessing this is the lead-in to mass availability of the system. Stock is starting to stick at retail locations, scalper prices are tanking and a major outlet is selling it online with a one hit game, no mark-up bundle.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Haha wait a minute. That new demo that is out... is that going to just be a fucking PS1 port of SaGa frontier?

SaGa Frontier - Wikipedia
Dude. I was thinking about this game a month or so ago and couldn't for the life of me remember the name. I didn't even remember enough of the game to get good search results, just bits and pieces since I only played parts of it like 20 years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Meh the red joycons is cool but I got the blue/red so not too sad. Carrying case looks like it would just fit the handheld it self, glad my case carries the docking station and extra joycons.. cant fit the steering wheels but meh.

Was tempted to buy zelda but see people saying 100 hours and I just cant invest that in a zelda game anymore. Kinda like doom, tried to play single player on ps4 and just got bored, cant do single players.

Might check out that new mario+rabbids since you can 2 player it. guess oyddsey you can 2player too, hmm decisions

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
zelda is not 100 hours if you are just talking about playing the game normally and not trying to 100% everything. Think I finished in around 45-50 hours and was satisfied.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Meh the red joycons is cool but I got the blue/red so not too sad. Carrying case looks like it would just fit the handheld it self, glad my case carries the docking station and extra joycons.. cant fit the steering wheels but meh.

Was tempted to buy zelda but see people saying 100 hours and I just cant invest that in a zelda game anymore. Kinda like doom, tried to play single player on ps4 and just got bored, cant do single players.

Might check out that new mario+rabbids since you can 2 player it. guess oyddsey you can 2player too, hmm decisions
You can do Zelda in about 30 hours pretty easily. I mean technically you can beat it in about 40 minutes

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
nice might get it then

Out of the one thing you should actually own this thing for, if you don't play that game, I don't have any idea why you would buy one of these in the first place.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Out of the one thing you should actually own this thing for, if you don't play that game, I don't have any idea why you would buy one of these in the first place.
Pretty much. Either that or you have to really want to use it for portable gaming.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Haha wait a minute. That new demo that is out... is that going to just be a fucking PS1 port of SaGa frontier?

SaGa Frontier - Wikipedia
As I said, it's basically a spiritual successor, it isn't a port it's new stuff.

The art is just using old school art style as a throwback while keeping it modern(much smaller pixels, much better effects, not limited in color palette etc).

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
From the Bravely Default guys, Romancing SaGa IV(but not really). Graphics look crazy nice, like how people wish they'd do their FF remakes and shit. Demo is available.

This looks good. Every 2D remake should come out on switch using this style, and then Pokemon. That would make it the best console evar!@#$!

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Are they desperate or just creatively bereft to demo this before it even has a name?
nm, there's my answer

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't do a lot of JRPGs, and I don't yet have a Switch, but that Octopath game intrigues the hell out of me. I wonder just how much of a difference your choice of protagonist will make to the story; is it just going to be the first act or so that'll differ, until the party forms up, or will it cause substantive differences throughout the narrative?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Saw this on Reddit, thought it was funny

1 NBA 2K18 save file = 5GB

Super Mario Odyssey = 5.7GB

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I agree, I bought the wii for the same reason, lol. ughh I'm so tempted to buy it through the eStore but I like the idea of reselling it after I finish =p

oh crap but zelda is 13 gbs! buying the physical version for sure.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Maybe. Nintendo generally skips TGS though so would only be third parties. Maybe OctoPath traveler will be there.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The most exciting announcement they could make is that the Switch has been one massively extended April Fool's joke, and their real console is coming out in December.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they will announce that they pulled their heads out of their ass.

"Thank you Nintendo fans for giving us money for the first ever early access botched console release with limited service functionality in the history of the industry. As a thank you, we are going to Pull Our Heads Out Of Our Ass. Starting January 1 2018, our new POHOOOA service will be available for subscription deployment. This service will include online voice and lobby making being incorporated on the console itself, along with access to 100+ NES/SNES titles to play on your switch available for free download, for the subscription cost of $49.99 a year. Initial titles will include all 1st party Nintendo games released for these systems that are the most popular and desired. In addition, we have announced within that service a cloud save system which will allow you to save your games in our POHOOOA cloud. This will allow you to save up to 10gb of save game data without the need to use internal memory storage so if your system needs to be sent in for repairs, you will not lose your saves. Once again, thank you for being such great customers and standing by us in our times of being complete and 100% utter morons, and know that going forward, common sense should prevail within Nintendo of Japan."

• 1Worf