Nioh (Team Ninja)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I don't know why Souls and this insist on forcing at least one annoying poison level on their players, and this one was the worst of all by far.

I rather liked the water level afterwards, though, but holy fuck the boss is raping me.

Did you light all three fires? Once you do that just stay on its side and dodge when it does its mouth attacks, you can basically ignore its arm attacks and get in a bunch of free hits. Save living weapon for phase 2, done.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I dug the poison mine level once I figure out how to make the poison go away for good. Reminded me more of the flame lurker stage from Demon Souls with all the different drop points more than blight town or valley of defilement. Spent a couple hours trying to kill the water level boss and realizing there was a gimmick to it was a bit infuriating though.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Oso Buzo is fucking raping me too. Have all the bonfires lit; doesn't matter. That fucking lazer or falling/glitching in the water when attacking his body...not really having fun with this boss although I did like the water level in general. Just started getting him to phase 2 regularly. I didn't mind the poison level although I thought that boss fight was stupid.

I'm guessing blobby would be a whole lot easier if you speced Dual Swords.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Oso Buzo is fucking raping me too. Have all the bonfires lit; doesn't matter. That fucking lazer or falling/glitching in the water when attacking his body...not really having fun with this boss although I did like the water level in general. Just started getting him to phase 2 regularly. I didn't mind the poison level although I thought that boss fight was stupid.

I'm guessing blobby would be a whole lot easier if you speced Dual Swords.

I used dual swords, and yes, he was easy once I switched to low stance. Can dodge things so easily then.

Though if you want to know how to kill hm fairly easily in phase 2 for any build

Just dodge around until he jumps up and becomes a puddle. Go close. Use the mask item that shoots fire. 1 mask takes 25+% of his hp.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
For the Oso Buzo use the bon fires to charge your weapon with fire. The boss is weak to fire. Also, if you have any fire skills equip them. Use the wolf guardian for phase 2. Use water resist charms also helps a bit.

I was having issues with him and was about to take a break. I ended beating him with light stance gama fire enchanted. I think 4 hits then dodge, rinse and repeat. 2nd phase was use guardian then I think 2 hits then dodge around.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
loving this game so much ... GOTY hands down so far .. like its not even close.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For the Oso Buzo use the bon fires to charge your weapon with fire. The boss is weak to fire. Also, if you have any fire skills equip them. Use the wolf guardian for phase 2. Use water resist charms also helps a bit.

I was having issues with him and was about to take a break. I ended beating him with light stance gama fire enchanted. I think 4 hits then dodge, rinse and repeat. 2nd phase was use guardian then I think 2 hits then dodge around.

If you use the bonfires during the fight, 2 adds will spawn where the fire is gone, so better to leave them on and use a fire talisman. Do use them in the secondary mission in the same spot though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finally had a bit more time to play, got to the end of the first area (after beating the samurai boss guy, was the easiest boss by far). Havent really messed around with forging much, but does it ever become useful?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah someone is going to have to FAQ me a crafting guide. Haven't even touched it and no idea what to forge or how to be useful with it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i played some of this afternoon and i really do prefer dark souls. This game straight up sucks.

• 2Salty
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
You are the worst poster in every thread you participate in
success-troll-smiley-emoticon.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So guess what happens when the game crashes on a cut scene? If you guessed "you get to do the boss again!" you win! Seriously, doesnt autosave after beating the boss? FFS. Game still owns but jesus christ that can be a real kick in the nuts on a hard boss.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the third beacon on the water stage. I assume you need to follow a roof line somewhere but can't see the path.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the third beacon on the water stage. I assume you need to follow a roof line somewhere but can't see the path.

Was trying to type the description, but since I searched for that last flame as well, I figured more did and might have made a youtube video about it.

The second one he shows is the one I had trouble finding.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So good. Was reading how tough ice boss was and I two shot her. Loving the third island, just about to 4th now and need a break. Looking back, lightning dog fucked me way more than hard bosses. Got ninja set too, so weight is in blue finally and I'm rolling around like a freak. Enjoying this immensely, possibly more than DS I think!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game is good, but its not DS series good, at least not for me. Way too much twitch in it and the controls are not as clean (even compared to BB). But the esthetic is perfect and the weapon types are nicely balanced for what they are doing. I understand a lot of people like the twitch thing more, especially vets of the NG series, though. Biggest flaws, aside from the twitchy gameplay are being slaved to the RNG for gear drops, linear design, the cancerous inventory system, and the lack of playstyle diversity (once you master using your preferred weapon, you really don't need to touch another). Biggest strengths are the atmosphere, stances, well balanced stat progression, and smooth difficulty curve (better than in most souls games).

Edit- Just so we are clear, this is likely GOTY (unless Last of Us 2 comes out) and saying its not as good as Souls is not a criticism in the slightest. Being nearly as good as DS series games makes it one of the better games ever made, and 60fps on the pro definitely helps.

• 1Solidarity