Nioh (Team Ninja)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
wrong call
giphy.gif

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Well, I went to see John Wick 2 and then came back to kill Blobby. All went well thanks to the tipster who pointed out a better strategy for phase 2. Thanks!

Sadly, now I have to away on a business trip for a week so no more Nioh :(

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The sub mission in the blob boss arena?

I ended up using sloth on it. Though the bigger pain in the ass might have been the dual sword yokai before him.
I've beaten the game. Just that one mob type is always a tough fight for me. Even better when it's more than one.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
But no tax on digital so you are really only saving like 5 bucks.
Not sure where you live, but I sure as hell pay tax on digital.

Saving $12 (at least) per game and getting release day delivery on everything. Why would anyone buy digital?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Digital is too much of a pain in my situation of multiple ps4s and no internet. I was going to do it on all brand new purchases, and set my sons as the main ps4 so he could play on his account. Fired up mine to play it and found that not only is it restricted to my account but you have to be online as well. Oh well we have small carrying cases at each machine with the games in them so no big deal.

With that said Sony way under shipped this game. They hedged their bets on it selling well it looks like.

Also I messed around last night and found that going blue on your equip load really helps dodging. I pay for it dearly when they happen to hit me, but its worth it.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Must say after i swapped to Heavy armor and Spear the game become much more easier, barly die at all now. The armor just makes everything so much more forgiving my last setup of mediun and sword 1-2 hits I am dead with this setup even when I fuck up bad there the risk of death is minimal even against bosses

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I think Medium is too half assed of a commitment to be honest. If you want to go in and block, heavy is the way to go. If you want to dodge (which is my thing) light makes that way more forgiving. Not saying you can't dodge in heavy, but when your weight is blue, your distance (and thus invulnerability iframes) goes way up. Medium is meh in both.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my impression of the Souls games are they are much different, I just came way too late to the party to really make sense of it. Bloodborne just changed tones way too abruptly and I think it really fell apart to make any sense. I mean the overall arc of appeasing the space aliens was ok, but it was the finer points where it got lost in my mind. Hard to explain without going major long in a topic about another game entirely. I just personally think Miyazaki gets way too much credit, where it should be to the die hard fans that connect the dots with their own imaginations and bang out a decent story from all the bits and pieces he just cobbles together and he swoops and says "oh yeah! That's it completely!" It doesn't matter though, because dude can design some fun levels and gameplay systems to enjoy those levels with.

I've shrugged off the Dark Souls III story as, "weird Japanese shit, doesn't make much sense." Just like the vast majority of fucking RPG's Japan pushes out. I haven't played Bloodborne yet, but the premise of the story being hard to understand was intentional. The lead designer played a lot of Western Games without understanding English and just had to piece together what he could. After years of this he grew to like the concept of a story like that and framed it in the whole, "things man was not meant to know" trope. I'll get a PS4 soon and get to Bloodborne.

All I get from Dark Souls III is that the Unkindled/Ashen Ones can't die for... reasons and must unite the fires that protect the world. K. Whatever. lol. What is this Boreal Valley and why is it both terrifying and has huge castles and full of undead shit?

No idea.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've shrugged off the Dark Souls III story as, "weird Japanese shit, doesn't make much sense." Just like the vast majority of fucking RPG's Japan pushes out. I haven't played Bloodborne yet, but the premise of the story being hard to understand was intentional. The lead designer played a lot of Western Games without understanding English and just had to piece together what he could. After years of this he grew to like the concept of a story like that and framed it in the whole, "things man was not meant to know" trope. I'll get a PS4 soon and get to Bloodborne.

All I get from Dark Souls III is that the Unkindled/Ashen Ones can't die for... reasons and must unite the fires that protect the world. K. Whatever. lol. What is this Boreal Valley and why is it both terrifying and has huge castles and full of undead shit?

No idea.

See even the version of why he does it is different. That's the first I've heard of it being because he was playing western games. The version I always heard was he read books, I'm assuming written in English, and could only make sense of half the story. The rest is the same though. I honestly love the approach of "lore based story telling" to be honest. It does make things fun to debate and theorize. My beef with Bloodborne was it starts out as this victorian styled werewolf hunting story and changes gears to something else more akin to Lovecraft. Again nothing against Lovecraft, but it was once they went there, it went from this concept of a hunt happening fairly regularly (IE every full moon was how I interpreted it) to feeling like most of this shit happened decades, if not centuries before, and it just felt jarring to me. And after coming back to consoles, and playing the recently released Japanese games, I'm fully in agreement with you. Shit is just weird from there. or horribly written. FF XV was a mess, and so is Nioh so far. I kind of shut off my caring for the story button when a cat possessed me.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I just farm revenants for gear on the mission in the first area that gives you an NPC with accessories reward. Had one drop a bunch of obsidian but since i'm a blue armor type of guy I nuked it all.