[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What about Hot Sassmouth? Classic of American cinema, Lucas is an auteur.

I've actually never seen THX 1138 or American Graffiti. I will probably never get around to watching them at this point, too many new movies that I don't get to see without going for the 30+ year old ones I never got to see.

Juvarisx

Florida
THX 1138 is alright, its seems its been getting the Hipster seal of approval as Lucas' appeal faded due to the prequels. American Graffiti is much better, but he had Coppola there to help him along directing and writing and dealing with the studio, much to Lucas' benefit and likely saved that movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
I've actually never seen THX 1138 or American Graffiti. I will probably never get around to watching them at this point, too many new movies that I don't get to see without going for the 30+ year old ones I never got to see.
Well fret not Gramps, because Hollywood has decided to make a special dumbed down version of those movies for you starring your favorite actor/actress from Dancing with the Stars. And they call it the "Remake"
They only cost double what the original cost, and will be in 3D. What a Bargain!Get that wallet, and walker ready.Lets go to the movies!

"Ordinary fucking people"

rrr_img_69721.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
THX 1138 is alright, its seems its been getting the Hipster seal of approval as Lucas' appeal faded due to the prequels. American Graffiti is much better, but he had Coppola there to help him along directing and writing and dealing with the studio, much to Lucas' benefit and likely saved that movie.
Although I agree that American Graffiti is the superior movie. THX 1138 has a very high critics rating, and is a cult classic. So Hipsters, or whatever you call people that love movies these days are not what resurged interest in that film.

It's also one of the better Sci Fi Indie movies of its time.

But Lucas did start the indie filmmaking collective American Zoetrope with Francis Ford Coppola, and he ran with "New Hollywood" wunderkinds like Martin Scorsese, Brian De Palma, and Steven Spielberg. And like the early work of those colleagues, Lucas' 1971 debut feature, THX 1138, remains a strong example of how classic movie genres can be invested with personal feeling and style.
Speaking of Coppola ,and Spielberg. Who are imho vastly more skilled in directing then Lucas is. Spielberg practically wrote the textbook on the establishing shot.
They both said that Lucas was the one they wanted to be around when they were coming up. Coppola going so far as taking any job on anything that Lucas was doing as a student.
If there was a Film scene at that time during USC everyone wanted to be part of the Dirty Dozen

During the years at USC, George Lucas shared a dorm room with Randal Kleiser. Along with classmates such as Walter Murch, Hal Barwood and John Milius, they became a clique of film students known as The Dirty Dozen. He also became good friends with fellow acclaimed student filmmaker and future Indiana Jones collaborator, Steven Spielberg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well fret not Gramps, because Hollywood has decided to make a special dumbed down version of those movies for you starring your favorite actor/actress from Dancing with the Stars. And they call it the "Remake"
They only cost double what the original cost, and will be in 3D. What a Bargain!Get that wallet, and walker ready.Lets go to the movies!

"Ordinary fucking people"
Yeah if I don't care enough to watch the originals I really don't care enough to watch the remakes. I can't see them remaking either of these movies, anyway. Remakes are for the rubes not the film hipsters.Your precious is safe.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
He also had his former wife Marcia Lucas.

You should read this.

Secret History of Star Wars

Column_sl

shitlord
Bringing this thread back on track because these corrupt Mods certainly won't, hah.

Harrison Ford reported as being sidelined for 6 months. Speculations of rewrites to bring the movie back on track for its reported release.

Harrison Ford's Injury May Have Completely Screwed Up Episode VII

The potential news comes from the UK-based site Jedi News, who says sources told them of an emergency meeting ay Pinewood Studios this morning to discuss how to handle Ford's sudden unavailability. Since Ford's Han Solo is reportedly the film's lead, the only way to make its Christmas 2015 release date - which Disney has refused to move before - is to rewrite Ford's scenes, or rewrite the script entirely.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, I hope they delay it instead of rewrite. Emergency rewrite sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Star Wars Episode 7 Sith Jedi Breakdown:Star Wars Episode 7 Sith Jedi Breakdown - YouTube

Not sure how to embed on my phone. Potential spoilers in the video.
Late to the party as always, and I hate to break up the Bridge-fest, but since I haven't read or watched much of anything but the 6 movies, can someone tell me who the hottie Jean Grey/Phoenix lookalike is in the background of his video? And will she be part of the movies?

Thanks!

Caliane

no way will she happen though.
Lucas hates her. and even if he doesn't have control anymore. The people he put in charge, also won't touch her.

Expect all new shit. maybe name drops of characters like her. Just like they did with various people in the Clone Wars.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Wait wait wait... I know people love Han Solo, but he's the main character? He's going to be 72 in a couple of weeks, how much running and jumping would he be doing it his leg was 100%? Put his ass in a cockpit and let him shoot stuff and fly. If he's got an action scene use a stunt double... They probably would have done that anyway.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
depends on how they deal with them. if they go with the traditional mandalorians of the old republic it could be good. But I didn't really care for the political infighting of the mandalorians from the clone wars. Peace loving mando's don't make sense.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, I think she screwed over the Skywalker grandkids a lot more than she did the mandos.

I never gave any credit to the cloning program post creation of the Empire. It's much easier to manage everything by conscripting than it is to grow / clone. Plus it would be much easier to program another order 66 if they followed up on the cloning bit.

Is the force unleashed story considered canon or did that get recon'd too? They did stupid crazy cloning in those two games.