[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks fine to me. I'd say the only off thing was how "Rough" the blade look, the edges were flayed or looked like a open flame, instead of the usual smooth round look.

Extra mini blades close to the hilt look like something for protection against hands/hilt itself. Dunno maybe its something the sith are doing while the jedi still use regular ones. It's funny to see people bitch about it though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My thought was when he throws that thing the hilt might expand turning it into spinning fucking death. Trailer served it's purpose it left me wondering and wanting more.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The year was 1998

I was getting ready to enjoy the fine feature film "A Bug's life" at my local Cinema.

Suddenly, and without warning, a teaser trailer appears that sets all my fanboy loins ablaze!

"This will be awesome!!!" ..

History PLEASE don't repeat yourself.
There were some really cool parts to the Phantom Menace. The pod racing, fights with Darth Maul and even a lot of the droid scenes were $$$, as was seeing jedi operate in true form instead of the crippled version of Darth Vader/Palpatine we got in Ep 4-6 and the low budget padawan we got with Luke.

Also the hilt on the lightsabers would make a lot more sense if they were just made from cortosis, which either resists lightsaber attacks or temporarily disables them on contact.
Cortosis - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't mind the idea of a hilt... but made out of the same material as the handle. I dunno, having little mini-light sabers for a hilt just screams the same crazy gimmick crap from the prequels (Double blade, Yoda going Tasmanian devil, etc). The shots of the Falcon and the Tie fighters battling it out and the X-Wings over the water was cool as hell, but then each time I keep going back to that saber, and losing my excitement.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind the idea of a hilt... but made out of the same material as the handle. I dunno, having little mini-light sabers for a hilt just screams the same crazy gimmick crap from the prequels (Double blade, Yoda going Tasmanian devil, etc). The shots of the Falcon and the Tie fighters battling it out and the X-Wings over the water was cool as hell, but then each time I keep going back to that saber, and losing my excitement.
Just wow. This board is turning into "old man syndrome". I like the whole thing but man this one little thing is completely overriding everything else!

phen_sl

shitlord
Double blade as a gimmick? Da fuck? Get the fuck out of here.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Losing excitement over that? Could you be more of a dramatic little bitch?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Someone needs to write a virus that when it infects the host just turns everything to jar-jar talk.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Over a year of knees to sharp lightsaber shit to deal with in this thread. It's a fucking lightsaber, it doesn't make sense to begin with lol. It's just fucking cool.

Caliane

Looks fine to me. I'd say the only off thing was how "Rough" the blade look, the edges were flayed or looked like a open flame, instead of the usual smooth round look.

Extra mini blades close to the hilt look like something for protection against hands/hilt itself. Dunno maybe its something the sith are doing while the jedi still use regular ones. It's funny to see people bitch about it though.
it actually is a EU thing. Sith blades are supposed to be unstable, flaring out, and hurt more when hit. Particularly older ones.

Like, iirc, its everyone uses vibroswords.
Jedi invent Lightsabres, Sith keep using vibroswords.
Then, Sith start using Lightsabres, which look like the ones shown here.

Caliane

Crossguard. the hilt is the handhold, crossguard, and pommel for a sword.

And yeah, my first thoughts are on "I wish it was solid as well." you grab onto a crossguard in actual sword fighting pretty often. A laser crossguard is just more shit to kill yourself with.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Loved the trailer and can't wait to see it!

rrr_img_83593.jpg

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I saw the Spaceballs dude and the soccer ball droid I thought it was another fan made trailer. It just seemed like a joke. Trailer didn't do much for me.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thought it was good at making me want to see more. No Jar-Jar Binks was kind of a wtf moment though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
As far as that teaser tells us zilch it's pretty good. The lightsaber made me raise and eyebrow, but the only thing that made me frown was the wheeling droid. I guess I just kind of like the "regular" droids of the originals, the tri-wheeled R2s and the humanoid C3s.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As far as that teaser tells us zilch it's pretty good. The lightsaber made me raise and eyebrow, but the only thing that made me frown was the wheeling droid. I guess I just kind of like the "regular" droids of the originals, the tri-wheeled R2s and the humanoid C3s.
Well at least this is in the future where droids can become more complex or advanced. Unlike the bullshit they did to R2 in the prequels.