NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Fadaar

That guy
got an early Asus 144 hz monitor but god damn TN panels are aids, wouldn't mind a new monitor once the GPU gets an upgrade

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
got an early Asus 144 hz monitor but god damn TN panels are aids, wouldn't mind a new monitor once the GPU gets an upgrade
I won't buy one unless it's IPS or better and my best friendly ardently argues his (TN) purchases are just as good. They're objectively trash in comparison and I have no idea how he can make the argument. I really believe it's his ego talking because he's competitive about stupid shit and my monitors always cost $2-300 more than what he spends.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
TN panels are garbage and your friend is retarded, but I think you already knew that. I have two cheap ass IPS 27" for 2nd/3rd displays and the image quality and colors are sooooo much better.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Stick with IPS.

VAs have slower response times than TNs and the newer Nano IPS panels with their one-millisecond response rates. You can find VA monitors with high refresh rates (240 Hz), but the latency can result in more ghosting and motion blur. For this reason, competitive gamers should avoid VA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TN panels are garbage and your friend is retarded, but I think you already knew that. I have two cheap ass IPS 27" for 2nd/3rd displays and the image quality and colors are sooooo much better.
What cheap ass IPS panels do you have, out of curiosity? I just upgraded my dual display to a single 34" UW, but I'm looking to get another screen to mount vertically next to the UW.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Samsung's newest VA panels in the G7 oddysey are faster than 99.9% of IPS or TN's out there today in overall input lag, with double to triple the contrast ratio and color accuracy second only to IPS.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Samsung's newest VA panels in the G7 oddysey are faster than 99.9% of IPS or TN's out there today in overall input lag, with double to triple the contrast ratio and color accuracy second only to IPS.
Too bad the curve is fucking ridiculous for a 27 inch monitor. I would definitely have bought two of those Samsung monitors, either the 27s or the 32s, if the curve wasn't so extreme.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Too bad the curve is fucking ridiculous for a 27 inch monitor. I would definitely have bought two of those Samsung monitors, either the 27s or the 32s, if the curve wasn't so extreme.
I'm hesitant too but I wonder if you don't get used to it. I have their previous curved model, it's 1800R i think vs the new one's 1000R and I forgot it's curved long ago while using it. It's just not noticeable at all when my attention is on whatever is on screen.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only Americans have to change their name, Chinese is ok to use Tomahawk.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Just got a notification that one of the ASUS TUFs that I had on order from B&H shipped. Didn't think these would actually ship.

edit: Actually two of them shipped.

edit2: MAKE IT A TURKEY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does China Bat Soup sleep at night?

On top of a pile of money with many beautiful women.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got a notification that one of the ASUS TUFs that I had on order from B&H shipped. Didn't think these would actually ship.

edit: Actually two of them shipped.

edit2: MAKE IT A TURKEY!!!!

Great song! Stay Glamorous and Fancy baby!

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
@China Bat Soup when he cant sell them;

1603405213910.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users