NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Considering that the queue has not moved off the 16th for the card I signed up for, I guess I am now in the market to buy an EVGA 3080 off a forum bro (any model).

I can hear Kegkilla laughing at me from hell.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So a random thought for people scalping cards. It's been a long time since I've had to worry about it, but consider that Paypal will 1099 your ass so I would keep good records for tax purposes and think about how you might want to deal with that. I forget the amount you have to show incoming before they actually hit you with it. Memory says $20k or 200 incoming transactions. If you've done really well scalping it might be a thing

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I think you have to make like 12k or maybe 20k before Paypal 1099s your ass.

Molten Core Raider
The way some of these retailers handle things you'd think that it's their first time selling stuff before. Asus decided to drop 3080s and 3090s at the same time on their storefront and it just completely imploded. Page wouldnt load, couldnt add to cart, when you could add to cart, checkout wouldnt load, when checkout would load, it would empty your cart. Now the site is just giving 503 errors. These morons just need to ship inventory to newegg or somewhere that can handle some traffic.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'd be surprised if anyone has successfully purchased from ASUS in the last 4 months without a bot; their site is Geocities-tier shit. Really, EVGA is the only company that has made any effort to sell direct. And the big retailers aren't doing much better. Newegg still crashes regularly and Amazon has largely been a non-factor. I wouldn't have a card if it wasn't for signing up for notifications at EVGA on 9/16, completely by chance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I feel like Best Buy did the best job of it and it's still shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I hate Best Buy but I think they’ve made the most effort out of anyone to make things fair and there’s nothing in it for them to do so. Props to them for that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Now the site is just giving 503 errors.
Its everywhere man. Got the exact samething when trying to buy 9mm ammo today because theres a million tards all with their discords and reddit subs camping websites just salivating over their F5 key.

Molten Core Raider
That's pretty much what Ive been doing on a few sites. Just refreshing every so often, hoping I hit the button at the right time and get a few seconds jump before the notifications go out and the bot-tsunami arrives. Not too much seems to happen over the weekend, so I think Im just gonna be waiting hopefully for a Best Buy drop on Tuesday.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Soo i dont see myself as a scalper! I literally just do it because the cards are available lol - Most of those who complain at times arent even there for the drops - Half the time a drop happens from BB im at work and since i have 3 monitors open i have one with BB on it with a few GPU tabs.

Also i dont use paypal because i only do local deals. I assure you the locals do nothing but get pissy so i jut laugh and block them - I may sell 6-7 cards a month? I dont think this could be anything but side cash.

That aside this monday/tuesday (90% sure tuesday) watch BB from 9am-12pm like a hawk and you can "easily" get 2-8 cards if youre there at the start and queue up many cards

I could do finder fees of $100 without people being picky on cards - still a hassle and never a guarantee

bytes

Molten Core Raider
You go through great lengths to buy up supply on a product that is already in very limited availability, for the sole purpose of reselling the product for profit. You're a scalper.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Soo i dont see myself as a scalper! I literally just do it because the cards are available lol - Most of those who complain at times arent even there for the drops - Half the time a drop happens from BB im at work and since i have 3 monitors open i have one with BB on it with a few GPU tabs.

Also i dont use paypal because i only do local deals. I assure you the locals do nothing but get pissy so i jut laugh and block them - I may sell 6-7 cards a month? I dont think this could be anything but side cash.

That aside this monday/tuesday (90% sure tuesday) watch BB from 9am-12pm like a hawk and you can "easily" get 2-8 cards if youre there at the start and queue up many cards

I could do finder fees of $100 without people being picky on cards - still a hassle and never a guarantee
I would give you $100 to get me a 5900x

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You go through great lengths to buy up supply on a product that is already in very limited availability, for the sole purpose of reselling the product for profit. You're a scalper.

Thats where our thoughts differ - I do it because its easy and im sitting around with 3 monitors open anyways - when im not at work im reading or....well yeah reading :D I dont go out of my way unless im doing it for a friend or coworker.

I still need a PS5 and 3080 FE and its been like that for about a month

Ill see about a 5900x @ BB - i never look for CPUs but ive seen them drop on BB and newegg

Molten Core Raider
You're splitting hairs. The definition of a scalper is someone who buys something that is in high demand and resells it for a profit, which is exactly what you're doing. How difficult or easy it is for you to acquire the items you're selling is irrelevant.

I'm not throwing stones, there will always be people who are able to capitalize on a market for a profit where others can't but don't delude yourself, if you're selling what you buy at a mark up, what you're doing is scalping.

On another note, BB does do cpu's and they're worlds easier to get than video cards. I got my 5800x from Best Buy a few weeks back.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sir its just a finders fee, im doing a great service to my local community that are unable to get cards due to bots, how could you compare my benevolence to that of a mere scalper?!

Truth Reaction GIF by moodman

• 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thats where our thoughts differ - I do it because its easy and im sitting around with 3 monitors open anyways - when im not at work im reading or....well yeah reading :D I dont go out of my way unless im doing it for a friend or coworker.

I still need a PS5 and 3080 FE and its been like that for about a month

Ill see about a 5900x @ BB - i never look for CPUs but ive seen them drop on BB and newegg
Dude you are 100% a scalper. You’re more fair about it by doing it for friends and letting other people know about drops which causes you competition. Buying and reselling items for a profit (even if your reasoning is because it’s easy) makes you a scalper. You don’t suddenly switch from not scalper to scalper based on difficulty lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users