NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Are 3080's still worth scalping? Got a notification for an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra. I'm thinking (Ebay) prices are going to plummet after tomorrow's AMD announcement but I have to decide in the next 4 hours.
I’d be shocked if you couldn’t obtain over MSRP for a 3080. Just don’t price it insane and let it sit in eBay purgatory.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Are 3080's still worth scalping? Got a notification for an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra. I'm thinking (Ebay) prices are going to plummet after tomorrow's AMD announcement but I have to decide in the next 4 hours.
Yes, I sold an ASUS TUF for $1450 earlier this week. And no they won't plummet. You'd be a fool not to buy it.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ordered. Maybe i'll keep it and sell the Aorus 3090 so I can buy extra rations for coming civil war.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Might have to settle for a 2080ti at a decent price before I even have a chance at a 3070,3080

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't be too surprised if suddenly there's a mass influx of stock tomorrow through Friday

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What the hell is going on with the video card market. It has been crazy for 7 months now.
People stuck at home plus production constraints due to covid plus production constraints due to all the new consoles being manufactured plus scalpers realizing what a goldmine it is.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
What the hell is going on with the video card market. It has been crazy for 7 months20xx wasn't a large enough performance jump for some folks to spend the cash when their 970 was running fine for 95% of their games.
20xx wasn't a large enough performance jump for some folks to spend the cash, which isn't atypical as new feature release (RTX) years aren't known for breaking benchmarks or being widely supported in games out the gate. 1080 was released 4 years ago. GTX970 crew checking in since it plays 95% of my games perfectly well at 1080. Toss in AMD slinging their dick around and it's a great time to build a new pc. CP2077 hype doesn't hurt either.

Got my new build sitting next to me except a cpu and gpu.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might have to settle for a 2080ti at a decent price before I even have a chance at a 3070,3080
Here those are still as expensive as if had come out last week. I think that's a really bad move right now even if you have to build a new PC right now because the old one died.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Here those are still as expensive as if had come out last week. I think that's a really bad move right now even if you have to build a new PC right now because the old one died.
Would likely use the 2nd hand market after the AMD cards come out if I can’t snag one. I’m working with a shitty 8 year old card. New build almost done

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Please save us Su-chan. My poor 1080 is giving me artifacts and crashes after about 45 minutes of Path of Exile, and Nvidia clearly doesn't want my money anymore.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Please save us Su-chan. My poor 1080 is giving me artifacts and crashes after about 45 minutes of Path of Exile, and Nvidia clearly doesn't want my money anymore.
dont worry some sneaker head faggot is also going to be watching the presentation

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would likely use the 2nd hand market after the AMD cards come out if I can’t snag one. I’m working with a shitty 8 year old card. New build almost done

That's what I did last week with a friend. I told her just to get a GTX 1660 Super (She ended up paying €194 for one). However she was only using a 60 hz FHD display and she wanted to play a bunch of older titles anyways, so she can probably sit this whole thing out and get a new card in half a year or so. Dunno how your situation compares to that, but I'd rather buy the bare minimum now than an overpriced and dated 2080ti.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
That's what I did last week with a friend. I told her just to get a GTX 1660 Super (She ended up paying €194 for one). However she was only using a 60 hz FHD display and she wanted to play a bunch of older titles anyways, so she can probably sit this whole thing out and get a new card in half a year or so. Dunno how your situation compares to that, but I'd rather buy the bare minimum now than an overpriced and dated 2080ti.
That’s a great idea and makes total sense, will see what happens today at the AMD release. If I can snag MSRP in the next month I will, otherwise I’ll likely do what your friend did and pay just enough to play the games I want at the moment. Waiting on cyber Monday/Black Friday for a few items to finish the build.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1603894219687.png

• 1Moron