NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So were those numbers AMD put up matched with the 500 series mobo and the new Rizen chip to utilize the SMA? I keep seeing that could add 10% to the numbers so if you don't match up AMD those cards are less powerful. SO you have to build a whole new system to utilize an AMD card. Seems kinda weird.
"Keep seeing" where?

This whole "AMD GPUs run better on AMD motherboards" myth hasn't been true for like 15 years?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Minecraft RT is pretty cool, though the view distance sucks so it's not exactly all roses. We still need a good AAA title to make good use of it for everyone to be sold on it, personally I'm not that excited for it because there is still so much of an improvement to make in standard rasterization. I played Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the 3090 a bit with DLSS and RT.. it looks good but I don't even notice the ray tracing much to be honest, if it randomly got disabled I bet I wouldn't notice.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
"Keep seeing" where?

This whole "AMD GPUs run better on AMD motherboards" myth hasn't been true for like 15 years?
They talked about the new cpu pairing with the new gpu results in a larger performance increase in that keynote just now. I didn’t hear anything about the motherboard but I was listening to it in the background.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
"Keep seeing" where?

Think they mentioned in the keynote that AMD GPU's runs better when paired with an AMD processor no? I wasn't really listening all that intently.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Good luck and God speed to anyone that chooses to deal with AMD drivers to save some money.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Good luck and God speed to anyone that chooses to deal with AMD drivers to save some money.
Pray for me if the stock is available and I don't need someone to write a fucking script for me to buy one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
EVGA should open the 3070 for Step-Up program tomorrow (10/29) so I'm gonna try and snag one for an extra $125 upgrade over my 2060 Super. Probably end up on a 3 month wait list, but I'm fine with that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Yeah. AMD really got their shit straight the last year or so for drivers. They really had a magic bullet that fixed all their major issues.

Also, not about saving a buck or two, its about Nvidia with this BS launch. Also AMD stepping up and creating true competition. Plus, honestly they have the better product for my needs at a MUCH lower price point. Not a little. A LOT. 500 bucks from 3090 to 6900XT. Think I'm not jumping on that?

AggressiveColossalFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Think they mentioned in the keynote that AMD GPU's runs better when paired with an AMD processor no? I wasn't really listening all that intently.
They said these two new cpu/gpu do. I don’t think they were talking about the past.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm going to go full amd. Build myself a computer over christmas break if I can get my hands on the parts.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah. AMD really got their shit straight the last year or so for drivers. They really had a magic bullet that fixed all their major issues.
Haven't had a single driver issue with my Vega 56. Stupid fan boy shit.

I just dropped AMD three months ago because of shit drivers. I always had issues in at least one game no matter what I tried. One set of drivers would never complete Warzone shader caching. One set of drivers would give me 5 minute load times in Destiny 2, etc. I never had everything just work nicely. Since switching back to Nvidia I've had no issues.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Bad news guys, I'm hearing credible reports that there are serious electrical issues with the new AMD 6X00 cards that are resulting in them spontaneously combusting. For the sake of yourself and your family, please instead purchase yourself a safe, reputable 3080 RTX off of ebay.

• 4Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent had a driver issue with the 5700XT or R9 Fury when i had them, but i know people on forums griped over it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bad news guys, I'm hearing credible reports that there are serious electrical issues with the new AMD 6X00 cards that are resulting in them spontaneously combusting. For the sake of yourself and your family, please instead purchase yourself a safe, reputable 3080 RTX off of ebay.
Winter is coming. Cards being on fire would help heat Mist Mist ’s room.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users