NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"Due to high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added."

What is the one more step?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Bad news guys, I'm hearing credible reports that there are serious electrical issues with the new AMD 6X00 cards that are resulting in them spontaneously combusting. For the sake of yourself and your family, please instead purchase yourself a safe, reputable 3080 RTX off of ebay.

Back in the day I had an AMD card manufactured by Sapphire that actually did this.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Should change this dudes title to "Nvidia Apologetic".

A Nvidia GPU might fuck you bro, not really sure.
Great, now I've got to post a picture of my dick between two 3080s just to spite you.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They're not great? I'd like to see cards under 200W before overclocking.

250W for the low end card doesn't seem great, 300W for the higher end cards seems pretty good but still not really what I'm interested in.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'll be going with an AMD - first time since I had an R7 260 (I think?). Mostly just to spite Nvidia and their bullshit. I really don't even care if the performance is slightly less and driver issues are bad (I dealt with AMD drivers in early 2000s, my body is ready). For me, this is all about doing what I can to give a middle finger to Nvidia.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well, you do get 6GB more ram too. Think I'ma wait until next year before upgrading myself as I'm doing fine with my current setup. (not to mention I just bought a Quest 2, PS5, and an Eero 6 pro)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
3080s were in stock for about .5 seconds again today on newegg/amazon

I got 503 gateway errors trying to load my Amazon cart lol, can't believe there's still that much demand/bots that it could brick amazons ecommerce functionality.