Official EQ Landmark discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably a good idea if we can start separating announcements of each into their respective threads. Unfortunately, they havent been very clear to date.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, split it IMO. EQL is gonna be out at least a year before EQN. i'd rather not have discussion of an actually playable thing be buried in a heap of speculation and tears.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Also news from inside the black box. Landmark isn't officially in Alpha yet, so that Winter Open Beta could really mean December 21st or later.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Minecraft released when it was in alpha. Landmark should do the same - just limit the number of people who can enter in any given week.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I think they are missing out if they don't go my way.. lol I'm Buckhunter in EQ would be badass!
I don't see them doing mini-games but they are the guys who did the fishing mini-game in VG, s maybe I'm wrong. I'll agree if you don't like building Landmark is going to get old if there's nothing else to do but dig and build.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Minecraft released when it was in alpha. Landmark should do the same - just limit the number of people who can enter in any given week.
It was very different however, since Mojang didn't support servers for people; everyone could pick and stay at whatever version (stable or not). They redid the world gen (oh "Gargamel", how we miss you...) multiple times. Heck, our group's play world still bears the scars (chunk borders) of beta 6, 8, 9, and the release, and we haven't fixed the biomes yet.

Here, we do have to connect to official servers (that's the point), and thus stay in sync with the dev, and suffer the bugs. It would be a very different experience from Minecraft's alpha/beta. Can't blame them for not opening alpha/early beta to the general public.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
WTS slightly used beachfront property....
-Friendly Giant neighbor, rarely home!
-Petting zoo near the water!
-Tower is great overlooking the water!
-Close to Orc Highway!
-Local gypsy market around the corner for your shopping needs!
-Only possible bad thing are spectres that like to hang out near the tower. Great if your into year round Halloween or Haunted buildings.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not much beachfront in Landmark or Next until they fix the Water Voxels. Oasis may be a mirage...

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
So if I've never played Minecraft or anything similar is it pretty safe to say I will suck at this Landmark game or whatever it is?