Official EQ Landmark discussion

tad10

Elisha Dushku
More Landmark info coming from PAX at 5:30PDT.

Ten Ton Hammer ?@TenTonHammer 8m
#PAX Day One brought us more info about what makes EQ Landmark a true MMORPG. Embargo drop at 5:30p PT today, so stay tuned!

this is the first time i've seen a date for EQ Landmark..

A7aWP5A.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-MMOs-PAX-2013

identifying "winter 2014" in late summer 2013 for EQL, to me means fall 2015 for EQN

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Winter starts at the end of December and goes until the end of March.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Has there been any mention of how big of an area you are able to build on is without buying more plots?

Xeldar

Silver Squire
If I can truly build anythimg, I'm building FORT PENIS in the middle of an island surrounded by magma.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I'm confused as to what Landmark is. Everyone talks about it with EQN, but it's not related?
You just log in and build stuff...and then what?
Is it like EQ2 dungeon maker on crack? Can I build my own dungeon and place mobs and then people run thru and try to beat it? Or you just build stuff and then... post it online like "Heya! Lookie what I builded!"?
Will it be in a browser or a stand alone game? Or does anyone even know anything at this point?? Other than: "you build stuff".

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm confused as to what Landmark is. Everyone talks about it with EQN, but it's not related?
You just log in and build stuff...and then what?
And then hope to sell it on the Station Store for the lazy.
Can I build my own dungeon and place mobs and then people run thru and try to beat it? Or you just build stuff and then... post it online like "Heya! Lookie what I builded!"?
The latter. You can't set spawn and stuff, only build. Basically Minecraft+, minus all the cheating tools, scripts and addons.
Will it be in a browser or a stand alone game?
Standalone. Your char can gate between EQN and EQL apparently. Think of EQL as the instanced housing area for EQN.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
And then hope to sell it on the Station Store for the lazy.

The latter. You can't set spawn and stuff, only build. Basically Minecraft+, minus all the cheating tools, scripts and addons.

Standalone. Your char can gate between EQN and EQL apparently. Think of EQL as the instanced housing area for EQN.
Ahh ok well that's interesting. I know some people who only log into EQ2 to decorate and create stuff out of housing materials, etc. So they should be right at home.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"oh shit, we're running out of money, what can we do?"

"lets trick people into paying us to be our testers! not only will we start making money, but we can lay off the debug team!"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do the items carry over to EQN as well as characters from EQNL? If so they are already doing the pay to win bullshit even with selling alpha access? The fuck?

Honey Badger_sl

shitlord
The items do, and apparently you really need to get the 100 dollar one for the Mastercraft Bracer, and Void Vault (which they say is a huge perm bonus). I guess if you don't have a vault you have to make one before you can get stuff out of it in order to get access to the stuff you have earned/found.... It's really a shame. I was hoping that they would go the minecraft route and let our imaginations be the limit, not our pocketbooks. I guess you have to pay to build their world for them

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
You can build any of the things in the pack for free, except the cosmetic stuff. It's just time or money.