One Piece

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
About halfway thru the first episode. I like it so far. Its..one piece.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just finished the first episode. It definitely was not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have no familiarity with the anime or anything cartoon related, but from an outsider perspective this is.... not the worst? It is leagues above and beyond the Cowboy Bebop live action. If that was a -10 this is at least a 5. The first episode seemed like a mess, especially with no idea who characters were or what was going on, why the main character is so annoying, etc. But I gave it a few episodes and beyond some of the silliness it is okay.

Just about finished with Episode 6 and will finish it off. It isn't going to inspire me to watch the cartoon or anything but the world building and supporting characters are somewhat interesting. Just not the main character. I'm guessing they play him pretty close to the source and it isn't anything specific they've done to mess it up in live?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have no familiarity with the anime or anything cartoon related, but from an outsider perspective this is.... not the worst? It is leagues above and beyond the Cowboy Bebop live action. If that was a -10 this is at least a 5. The first episode seemed like a mess, especially with no idea who characters were or what was going on, why the main character is so annoying, etc. But I gave it a few episodes and beyond some of the silliness it is okay.

Just about finished with Episode 6 and will finish it off. It isn't going to inspire me to watch the cartoon or anything but the world building and supporting characters are somewhat interesting. Just not the main character. I'm guessing they play him pretty close to the source and it isn't anything specific they've done to mess it up in live?
Luffy is kind of a hard character to portray. I thought he did alright in the first episode. I assume he would get better over the series.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Luffy is kind of a hard character to portray. I thought he did alright in the first episode. I assume he would get better over the series.
He definitely does. At least the ultra annoying edge grinds off quite a bit.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For live action it certainly could be much much worse, but it's hard to call it good by any stretch of the imagination.

Somethings just shouldn't be translated to different mediums. At least they seem to respecting the source material which is more than you can say for the typical Netflix dogshit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed it so far but every time the not a boy comes on screen I can't help but notice it.

1693625132351.png

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
For live action it certainly could be much much worse, but it's hard to call it good by any stretch of the imagination.

Somethings just shouldn't be translated to different mediums. At least they seem to respecting the source material which is more than you can say for the typical Netflix dogshit.

The first few seasons of OP were also not that great so not too bad. No way they can continue through a significant part of the series but not too bad. I was surprised after Bebop got royally fucked over. Honestly, I was surprised they went with such a huge series instead of something manageable.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The first few seasons of OP were also not that great so not too bad. No way they can continue through a significant part of the series but not too bad. I was surprised after Bebop got royally fucked over. Honestly, I was surprised they went with such a huge series instead of something manageable.
After finishing the 1st season it does seem as if there’s way too much scope here for them to cover. My interest makes me want to know more about the world but it’ll never be addressed in live action because the thing will get canceled inevitably.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
After finishing the 1st season it does seem as if there’s way too much scope here for them to cover. My interest makes me want to know more about the world but it’ll never be addressed in live action because the thing will get canceled inevitably.
I mean this thing would need like 30 seasons. First season did cover like the first 45 episodes though. Which is like only half of the East Blue. They probably won't even make it to the Grand Line til season 3.

I actually enjoyed this enough to end up binging it. Not sure how long it will run though. Also the actors aging up will be an issue. I think Luffy is like 19 or something still.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

The first season covered in 8 episodes like 90 manga chapter and like 45 anime episodes so yeah the pacing, world building, and emotion that are present in the other mediums are honestly lost here.

I think the casting for the crew was honestly far better than could be expected. Garp looked okay but it really felt like they missed the mark with his demeanor. Koby and Helmeppo were decently cast. Shanks felt flat as shit. Buggy actually was decently adapted and better than I would have guessed. Overall the casting was one of the better parts of this.

As the shows gets more absurd with powers, characters, and comedic choices I have a hard time envisioning they can do them justice.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

im going in boys. I skipped all the other shows I knew would piss me off. wheel of time, rings of power, she hulk, cowboy bebop, etc. idk, I feel like this one might be comical. Although, people are saying its not too bad at all. been a very long time since I read or watched any One piece. 99% of the lore I've forgotten.

• 1Like

Caliane

its a train wreck.. but I can't stop watching.. haha.

I didn't remember Koby from the manga... so was wondering if it was woke nonsense, and we were supposed to take that straight as an actual boy.. or if we were going to see her later, and she will have reveal that she was pretending to be a boy, or if she was going to show back up for that Transvestite pirate with sex swapping powers...
but no, looked it up. koby was a character and they want us to just take it straight that shes a boy.

went out for a jog after watching the first episode. this show has a vibe... a familiar one...
the sets, action, etc.. all feel like a modern remake of Popeye. They handle the live action cartoon in almost exactly the same way.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I didn't remember Koby from the manga... so was wondering if it was woke nonsense, and we were supposed to take that straight as an actual boy.. or if we were going to see her later, and she will have reveal that she was pretending to be a boy, or if she was going to show back up for that Transvestite pirate with sex swapping powers...
but no, looked it up. koby was a character and they want us to just take it straight that shes a boy.
To be fair, the actor is kinda perfect for the current Koby character. However, the casting will not be as good as the character improves over the series.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

went out for a jog after watching the first episode. this show has a vibe... a familiar one...
the sets, action, etc.. all feel like a modern remake of Popeye. They handle the live action cartoon in almost exactly the same way.
You weren't kidding it is a train wreck in all ways.

Caliane

but, its train wreck fun. not train wreck boring, or train wreck insulting.

Caliane

I'm actually enjoying it more and more. episode 3 is actually pretty good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users