One Piece

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I downloaded every new episode way back when. But stopped watching at Thrillerbarks end. I've been following the Manga ever since but it is a bit "chaotic" to read with so much shit happening. Think I will fire up Crunchyroll subscription and resume watching the anime.

But first I'll watch through this live action, it seems okay from the little I've watched. Some deviations I guess but not like Wheel of Time etc which completly remade the whole story.

spronk

FPS noob
One Piece is also just the smarter IP to adapt. Its kiddie, goofy, and hyper stylized. Bebop, Evangelion, Ghost In the Shell, Death Note, and other poorly adapted live actions are much more philosophical and personal at times so missing those aspects can turn off a lot of fans. Luffy is goofy and rubbery as fuck, you'd have to be Rings of Power level of retarded to fuck it up. Still, the adaption team did a great job and the cast is fantastic.

anyways show is doing great, second week at #1 on netflix with over 140m hours every week and going UP the second week in views which usually signifies strong word of mouth. I'd expect a good 3-5 seasons out of this, 6 is a stretch I think and 12 would be hilarious

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Anime and live action anime isn't really my thing but Monkey grew on me a bit over the course of the episodes.
It is worth mentioning Emily Rudd is the only reason from the start I made it through this whole series.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Isn't the writing strike buttfucking the 2nd season from moving forward? Or do the Japs have enough sway they can keep this moving so season 2 isn't delayed until 2040?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Isn't the writing strike buttfucking the 2nd season from moving forward? Or do the Japs have enough sway they can keep this moving so season 2 isn't delayed until 2040?
Apparently all the scripts are done, but doesn't matter since actors are striking too. SAG is letting some indies film still, but this ain't no indie op.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1694808916162.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching this. Did the whole thing in two nights here at chez Haus. Even with her temperment towards anything touching what is probably her favorite manga of all time the best Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus could nit pick was "Well.. why does so and so have that accent? it makes no sense". And that lasted through around 2 episodes....

I think the studio that made this one definitely took the lesson they should have learned from Cowboy Bebop to heart.... That or they live under the iron fist of Eiichiro Oda due to him being smart about the contract and IP control.

I loved it enough to hate thinking how long it will be before season 2.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just finished watching this. Did the whole thing in two nights here at chez Haus. Even with her temperment towards anything touching what is probably her favorite manga of all time the best Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus could nit pick was "Well.. why does so and so have that accent? it makes no sense". And that lasted through around 2 episodes....
I think the studio that made this one definitely took the lesson they should have learned from Cowboy Bebop to heart.... That or they live under the iron fist of Eiichiro Oda due to him being smart about the contract and IP control.

I loved it enough to hate thinking how long it will be before season 2.
Like Foundation and soon Invasion. Season 3 coming in 2035!

Oldbased

> Than U
Oh for sure, but that cosplay pic Nami has very large ... tracts of land. I am particularly weak vs side boob.
I hate when women do the arms over head pose like above, sucks the tit away.
1694883641719.png

Much better, still not torpedo tits but watching HeelMike on Kick has ruined me on giant OF whore tits. Disgusting creatures those bitches are.