Onoes made a lan party desk and wants to sell it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ohh it was fine. Fans on the floor pulled cold air up, and pushed it out under the desk there. The only time it was an issue was that Diablo 3 release, because I had 8 friends fly out and stay the week, we played pretty much non stop, and while the room stayed around 70 normally, I just couldn't keep it cool with that many dudes and pc's going non stop. Had to crack all the drawers open, because one of the PC's kept randomly overheating and rebooting.

Other than that one time though, it was never more than 5 or 10 degrees hotter than the room its in.
Ah that's cool.

i'd say donate and write it off your taxes too. Library, church, school

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Haha, to be honest, those were my two main concerns with donating it. A.) I do not want to re-assemble it, nor get phone calls for ITsupport on it because I donated it. Basically, I would like to get rid of it, at this point, whether I even get paid I'm indifferent too, but I do not want to spend hours hauling it somewhere and hours putting it back together.
B.) as far as taxes go... How do I even value it? Do they need to give me a receipt for x thousand dollars? Do I increase my chance of being audited over this? Just seemed like it might be a hassle.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah they give you a receipt that says "it was worth this much" and you hand it to your tax professional (if you have one). If you get audited as long as you have that slip you're ok.

I know when you donate to salvation army they give you a printout for taxes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That thing may be a bit harder to quantify donation-wise. Most items you'd donate (clothes, household items, etc) have static values and they just give you a receipt for them, IE pair of jeans in good condition is 15$, t-shirts are 5$, whatever. Iirc there is a pretty basic "computer" donation amount but it wouldn't add up to anything near what that thing took to make money/effort wise.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It would be good for a local library for their web browsing station. Check if your local library needs one. Also look into the same thing for a Boys and Girls Club or small school.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Put it at the end of your driveway withg a price on it. By the end of the weekend it will be gone when someone steals it. Don't put free on it, it will sit there forever.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just wanted to say that's cool as shit. I'd see if you could donate it, like others have said, to a school/church/library. Even if it starts falling apart, that's just a badass project period and would be neat to see out in the wild.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If you live in a decently sized city, check with your local arcade bars. Bars/tap rooms with arcades (usually old, classic games) are becoming all the rage and one of those places may love to have something like this, since it can play old games pretty well. Set it up for some Starcraft or Duke Nukem/Quake, something like that.

The newest local arcade bar that opened around here last year has a ton of old arcade machines (everything from Pac Man to Street Fighter II) as well as a big-screen with an N64 and 4-player Mario Kart. Places like that might eat this up.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you live in a decently sized city, check with your local arcade bars. Bars/tap rooms with arcades (usually old, classic games) are becoming all the rage and one of those places may love to have something like this, since it can play old games pretty well. Set it up for some Starcraft or Duke Nukem/Quake, something like that.

The newest local arcade bar that opened around here last year has a ton of old arcade machines (everything from Pac Man to Street Fighter II) as well as a big-screen with an N64 and 4-player Mario Kart. Places like that might eat this up.
Actually a pretty epic idea, because yea bar-cades are fucking huge these days. I can think of at least 2 places in Chicago that would jump at this to turn it in to like a snes/mame emulator box.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
That's an idea... It's possible there is something like that in Vegas, just not that I know of.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's neat. And quality work. I'd go with donate too. Hell, a school might even take it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ohh it was fine. Fans on the floor pulled cold air up, and pushed it out under the desk there. The only time it was an issue was that Diablo 3 release, because I had 8 friends fly out and stay the week, we played pretty much non stop, and while the room stayed around 70 normally, I just couldn't keep it cool with that many dudes and pc's going non stop. Had to crack all the drawers open, because one of the PC's kept randomly overheating and rebooting.

Other than that one time though, it was never more than 5 or 10 degrees hotter than the room its in.
So it worked great for cooling, other than the time you actually tried to use it to its full potential, in which case it was a fail.

spronk

FPS noob
That's an idea... It's possible there is something like that in Vegas, just not that I know of.
you could try contacting the pinball museum in vegas
http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

right next door to them is a retro video game store too
http://www.agpvegas.com/

and either may want it. but yeah most LAN gaming places (there is a place just 2 blocks from me and probably a few near you in AZ) have their setups already more in cubicle or flat desk style

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So it worked great for cooling, other than the time you actually tried to use it to its full potential, in which case it was a fail.
I would argue that it was pushed well beyond it's potential. We had six machines, all working overtime to run a game that not one of them met the requirements to perform, in a room that was probably 90 degrees. Even then, only one of the 6 machines had issues, and not until around hour 14. Cracking the drawers resolved the issue, for 100+ more hours of use.

Lets set up an analogy shall we? Lets say that Noodlemod, a_skeleton_03, Iannis, Lyrical, Picasso, and myself all spent 4-6 hours multiple times a week fucking your mom. We pretty much did whatever we wanted, as much as we wanted, and she had no issues with anything. Now, one week, we call a few more dudes over, and we decide to marathon fuck her. After 14 hours she starts needing to take breaks and isn't feeling so well anymore. We crack a few windows, give her a bit of a breeze, and get straight back to it, just bending her every which way, all holes just filled to capacity.

Now, is it fair to say your mom fails at being a cock hungry cum guzzling used up old whore because of this one extraordinary circumstance we put her in? I don't think so, I think we can all agree that she most definitely is.

<3 Welcome to the conversation, we appreciate your input.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The engineer in me would agree on principle that it failed - for instance we can't tell a customer that because they put too much load on a server they need to pop the top off a couple servers for additional cooling. But you didn't make this for commercial stuff, so I don't see the issue. I was mostly curious how it worked.