Oppenheimer (2023)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm gonna see that. Nolan doesn't really make his movies woke, but my guess is this will be sympathetic to leftism. And its a pretty fucking compelling advancement of science and warfare. One that the men making it knew was both wrong yet unavoidable. Add that in with Oppenheimer pretty much being a fucking communist that still built the bomb for the US, may or may not have been sympathetic to the soviet unions, and who was a liberal yet still created mankind's greatest death weapon. This could be interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
This looks dope. As a historical piece, I'm thinking will be more like Dunkirk than Tenet and I liked Dunkirk.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will see anything Chris Nolan puts out. Looks great.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Add that in with Oppenheimer pretty much being a fucking communist that still built the bomb for the US, may or may not have been sympathetic to the soviet unions, and who was a liberal yet still created mankind's greatest death weapon. This could be interesting.

Sympathetic to a cause, versus supporting the enemy are two VERY different things.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I'm the only person in the world who genuinely loved Tenet haha.

Stoked for this as well, might even get me to go to the movie theater again (first time in over a year +).
Nope. I love it even with all its flaws.

Goatface

Oppenheimer will break the director's record for his longest movie yet.

That record was previously held by 2014's Interstellar at a shocking 169 minutes (2 hours, 49 minutes). But Nolan's new nuclear blockbuster will reportedly surpass it, clocking in at around the three-hour mark.

However, it should be noted that Oppenheimer does not yet seem to be locked, so, pending any last-minute adjustments from Nolan and co., that three-hour runtime may go up or down slightly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Nope. I love it even with all its flaws.
I loved it for the mind twist Nolan shit, Love it conceputally. Felt it could have been executed better. I dont mind being confused during a movie but by the end it should be a bit more clear WTF happened.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I loved it for the mind twist Nolan shit, Love it conceputally. Felt it could have been executed better. I dont mind being confused during a movie but by the end it should be a bit more clear WTF happened.

Taking multiple viewings to fully understand it is intentional

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I find it gets better with multiple viewings. It is a totally different film when you "know" (sort of) what is going on.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard that Oppenheimer will only be using practical effects, no CGI.

I turned Tenet off after 15 minutes when he was in a shooting range, some lady gave him a bullet and said it shoots time or some dumb shit. I knew nothing about it before starting it. Maybe I should've given it more of a chance and ramped up the credulity in order to get through it long enough for the pieces to fit, but my wife and I just looked at each other after that scene and moved onto another movie that wasn't immediately retarded.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I heard that Oppenheimer will only be using practical effects, no CGI.

I turned Tenet off after 15 minutes when he was in a shooting range, some lady gave him a bullet and said it shoots time or some dumb shit. I knew nothing about it before starting it. Maybe I should've given it more of a chance and ramped up the credulity in order to get through it long enough for the pieces to fit, but my wife and I just looked at each other after that scene and moved onto another movie that wasn't immediately retarded.
That scene makes sense to you after about an hour in. Nolan choosing not to use exposition or any type of explanation prior was part of the plan to make the viewer be as confused as the protagonist early on.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That scene makes sense to you after about an hour in. Nolan choosing not to use exposition or any type of explanation prior was part of the plan to make the viewer be as confused as the protagonist early on.
Except if you actually understand it and think about how an inverted object would actually function (lol), it still doesn't make any sense at all. Movie's super retarded - you really have to turn your brain off to enjoy it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Except if you actually understand it and think about how an inverted object would actually function (lol), it still doesn't make any sense at all. Movie's super retarded - you really have to turn your brain off to enjoy it.

If you're one of the autistic retards who think they're genius level because they can poke holes in time travel, then yeah you probably won't enjoy it.

If you're a normal person who doesn't require the director to actually invent time travel in order to buy the premise of a movie, then you might.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users