Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Outlander

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance

First aired: 2014-08-09

Creator: Ronald D. Moore

Cast: Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan, Richard Rankin, Sophie Skelton

Overview: The story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the pilot is out early and i checked it out. i am not sure if this is a chickflick hiding as a dude show, but basically this chick travels from 1940s to the 1740s scotland because druids. it has a life on mars vibe to it which is why i watched it. overall i am curious where this will go. the locations are amazing and the show seems very well produced. chick is a ww2 doctor who gets sent back in time and ends up in the middle of Scotland and England's war. its on starz so there are titties. its worth a try.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
wife read this book and is all crazy like for this shit...my question.. is it any good ?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wife read this book and is all crazy like for this shit...my question.. is it any good ?
i honestly cant say at this early stage. i do not know where this story will go. they mostly spent the first episode setting things up. its gonna take 2 or 3 weeks to decide whether i want to continue watching. so far it seems like its going to be a historical romance show. but im not sure.

if i was to rate the pilot on its own, yes its good, a little slow at the start, but then things start to unfold and by the end its got enough oomph to make you interested in watching more. its worth a looksee.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Unless they introduce other time travelers (perhaps time travelling dinosaurs that breath fire) I don't see this being very interesting.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you're gunna have to watch it no matter what. So you tell us.

kaxfenix

N00b
Saw the first episode it was.......Okay .. Wife of course loved it ran out bought the books and is reading that shit.. So she is gonna know what is going on and I am forced to watch it.. I hope it gets better ...

faille

Molten Core Raider
I felt sure a Ronald D Moore show done on Starz would be the most awesome thing ever.
I was wrong. It's pretty boring. The source material is pretty much chick lit type stuff so the show is going in that direction.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
From what I remember reading from a synopsis for the books awhile ago this is basically a love triangle romance/drama with time travel thrown in to make it "exciting" for women who are bored of the usual sort of wishy washy whom do I choose!? female protagonist. Maybe the show will have some actual substance to attract a wider audience but I somewhat doubt it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The video in the OP makes it look boring as all hell.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, i would have condemned it, but its got enough cool stuff in it to make me give it a chance. its about 80% chick show but it has time travel, good violence and sex. i love time travel stuff so they got me for now.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Based on the first episode it's a quality, albeit slow, show that is absolutely not for my demographic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Based on the first episode it's a quality, albeit slow, show that is absolutely not for my demographic.
keep in mind, this is the pilot episode. sometimes after a pilot is accepted they will have conditions that this needs to be changed or that needs to be changed. thats why if the show has an interesting concept, its best to give it 2 or 3 weeks before declaring it good or bad. of course if the idea of a cute time traveling english nurse who gets naked doesnt excite you then its not for you.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
keep in mind, this is the pilot episode. sometimes after a pilot is accepted they will have conditions that this needs to be changed or that needs to be changed. thats why if the show has an interesting concept, its best to give it 2 or 3 weeks before declaring it good or bad. of course if the idea of a cute time traveling english nurse who gets naked doesnt excite you then its not for you.
Usually the pilot episodes are packed with action though or some sort of something happening. This was so fucking slow. 30 minutes in I turned it off. And I know what happens because my mom read the books and won't shutup about them.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database