Outlander

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Your opinion about everything has been invalidated by your approval of this show and your forward knowledge of the storyline.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So that's all the main character has? A little bit of medical knowledge? I mean, look, I'm not expecting her to be Doc Brown from Back to the Future 3 where he's got a refrigerator or anything, but c'mon...

I read your spoiler too, which essentially means season one nothing actually happens assuming they do book to season.

I can appreciate you like the show for its storyline, but you may as well be watching Downton Abbey or something. There's nothing in this show that appeals to me as a male television watcher. Through 7 or whatever episodes, it's been entirely a romance piece. I agree with Agraza here in that it sounds like you enjoy this one because you know what happens and are therefore allowing that to color the current episodes. I don't give a shit about what happens 5 seasons from now if it's not enough to keep me interested now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What would you expect? Cant really compare this to BTTF, she went back far more than they ever did.

Cybsled

Even a passing bit of 20th century medical knowledge would be overpowered. Bacterial infection usually killed most injured people. Understanding that was a game changer. Hell, we didn't even have antibiotics 80 years ago.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This show is incredible. I know a lot of people here probably aren't into romance, but the love story between Claire and Jamie is so captivating. The attention to detail is great and makes you feel like you're really in 18th century Scotland. I hope season 2 has more fantastical/supernatural stuff in store.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't tell if that post is laying the sarcasm onincrediblythick or if you actually like this show.

I download it for my wife every week, and it sounds god awful.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's a prince charming unfaithful wife story. The violence exists solely to develop the character of prince charming.

Cybsled

Jamie gets raped by a redcoat...no outcry.

Sansa gets raped by a Bolton...the internet loses their mind!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't believe a man enjoys this show. It's super touch though so I guess it's questionable anyways

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Rise from your grave!

Actually, surprised this thread hasn't seen much activity. It's a decent show. And Caitriona Balfe clearly loves getting naked for the camera.

However...
...after watching this season's finale, just wanted to comment that the makers of this show/book clearly have some kind of rape fetish.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Rise from your grave!

Actually, surprised this thread hasn't seen much activity. It's a decent show. And Caitriona Balfe clearly loves getting naked for the camera.

However...
...after watching this season's finale, just wanted to comment that the makers of this show/book clearly have some kind of rape fetish.

No wonder chicks like the show so much.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user