Outward (PC/Xbox/PS4 Survival RPG Mar-26)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FYI. There is a very easy way to pay off that debt. Not sure if I should share it or not, but it’s thsre. :)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
FYI. There is a very easy way to pay off that debt. Not sure if I should share it or not, but it’s thsre. :)

I got you ;)
Keeping the house is actually easier than you'd think (I freely admit I spoiled myself on how this is done, but whatever).

You remember the village elder NPC saying you can either pay the money, or get a tribal favor? If you go to the beach immediately south of the village (either by going to the village's storage tunnel, or just by turning right when you leave the village) you'll find an injured guy by a rock. Give him a bandage or a life potion, and bam, there's your tribal favor. Housing crisis over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This might be an obvious question, but I can’t find the answer anywhere. Do mob have rare drops? Like if I grind my 100th chicken or bandit, could they drop really good stuff? Or is there at least a chance for a mob to spawn as “named” (ie the chicken king in place of a chicken ) and have a better drop table?
I haven't seen any "named" but I've gotten at least one rare drop - a chicken in the first outdoor area dropped a chicken mask that improves run speed by 20% lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I got you ;)

Yep that and a fun quest line too.

There is a lady that wants a certain mushroom - and will reward money handsomely. She will give you directions and along the way you will get some good money and loot, and them return item and she gives you enough money to pay it off. Maybe even better yet then is to do both and hand on to the cash :)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep that and a fun quest line too.

There is a lady that wants a certain mushroom - and will reward money handsomely. She will give you directions and along the way you will get some good money and loot, and them return item and she gives you enough money to pay it off. Maybe even better yet then is to do both and hand on to the cash :)

I’m going spoiler free so I didn’t read anything before hand, but that quest with the mushroom is the way I went to pay off my debt before losing my house.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I actually found a second one later (different dungeon) but she wasn't interested in having two I guess :emoji_sob:

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the game going down the Holy Mission path. The game's rough as hell, and filled to the brim with eurojank, but I really enjoyed the ride. I'm definitely going to be revisiting in the future to run through the other two factions.

Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a sequel; I'd love to see what these guys could do with a larger team and a more substantial budget.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it quite a bit too. I’m a little too burnt out on it to dive right back in, but I’ll definitely play through it again if they do DLC or a balance patch.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Haven't got Outward yet but based on what I've heard elsewhere and seeing here it's not without hiccups. Still looks cool though, probably getting it soon.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I really feel like anyone that enjoyed the early EverQuest experience before the game was "solved" will dig this game. Very similar in a lot of ways. It's pretty far and away from modern EQ min/max style play, but really similar to the days of jank and mystery.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a patch coming for pc. You can try it out now. Hopefully coming to PS4 soon!

“Hello everyone!
We decided to add an Experimental Branch on Steam to test out features and fixes before releasing them to everyone. You try it by going through the properties of Outward, in the tab 'Betas' and switch to 'Public - Beta - Experimental Builds'
We strongly recommend making a backup of the "SaveGames" folder located in the game's installation folder, as bugs and experimental features could break them.
And here are the patch notes for the first experimental build:
Fixed items lost from bag when loading character
Fixed infinite loading for client when joining host due to too many items in their inventory
Fixed bow disappearing from hands (often due to dodge or getting hit while shooting)
Fixed not being able to shoot with bow after opening/closing the game in network
Fixed duplicating beds in Levant and Berg (Could be the cause for some crashes due to too many items)
Fixed camping event archers hoarding swords and bows problem
Fixed campfire performance issues for clients
Fixed death animation not triggered upon reaching 0 needs (health, food, drink, sleep) while sliding indefinitely (generally due to a stuck spot)
Fixed client spells that would hit multiple times
Fixed an issue where players were moving before pressing Continue after a loading making them sometimes spawn into stuck spots or high in the air
Fixed invisible collider blocking UI after a vicinity dialogue was displayed
Fixed clients not being moved correctly while on an elevator
Fixed enemies not being affected by falling damage
Fixed Health/Stability sync delay while in online coop
Fixed multiple knockbacks while in online coop
Fixed camera not being properly locked even if an enemy is targeted
Fixed menu rendering when using DirectX 9
Casting spells with 100% or more of mana reduction still uses 1 mana
Gold and Gaberry Wine aren't perishable anymore
The pipe in Montcalm fort has been silenced
Ghost of Vanasse no longer respawns on area reset
Network bandwidth optimisation
Improved loading in online coop to prevent some disconnects
Host player's body should now be correctly visible when the client changes areas
Online Region can be changed in the setting menu (note that people in different regions can't play together, make sure the regions are matching)
Added a failsafe for bags that went under the ground to appear on their owners/host (Happens when a loading is completed)
Added a failsafe for dead enemies that fall under the ground
Most defeat scenarios now move the bag (as long as you are either wearing it or was dropped in the same area you were defeated)
Second player's bag is now also moved during defeat scenarios
Better validity check and error handling when retrieving save games on startup
Changed rendering when using render scale 100, this could prevent some crashes
Changed how items are loaded to reduce memory usage
Various Quest progression fixes
Minor fixes and adjustments”

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
A bit off topic, but just saw Conan exiles is free this month for PS+. Anyone played it? On paper it sounds very similar to outward but can be played single, coop, or on a persistent online server. If you die you have to travel back to loot your body, etc.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I bought this on a whim last night on xbox. Tried local coop with a friend. He is horrible and wanted to pick fights with everything we saw so there was a lot of death, but it seemed enjoyable so far and I plan on binging quite a bit solo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I bought this on a whim last night on xbox. Tried local coop with a friend. He is horrible and wanted to pick fights with everything we saw so there was a lot of death, but it seemed enjoyable so far and I plan on binging quite a bit solo.

I love it with a friend, it's rough solo. I'm sure if you're good at Dark Souls games you can do well in this game, I'm getting better but it sucks when you lose everything.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It went much better off without him =O

Got a big backpack, blue sand armor and just got some mana though I have no idea where/how to get spells.

Not sure what to do next other than start progressing with the main story and it was getting late so called it off before I spent another 2 hours running around the starter continent.

I will say I hate the cold weather deal with a passion. It lasted at least 3/4 of my playtime today before the season changed and the couple of times I ran out of jam toast to keep temp up it was brutal. Think it took me a solid 20 minutes to run back to town having nothing to regen stamina and getting cold so having to continually drop campfires along the way home when I finished conflux mountain.

Trying to not spoil anything just yet though I have so many items I feel like looking up recipes might be the way I cheat.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I finally ventured out of Chersonese after getting full master trader garb to zoom zoom around. Forgot to pack my bow and ran into a manticore in Enmerkar that I had to kite across half the zone so other NPCs would help kill it. Got a pretty nice sword from it though.

I haven't even progressed the story yet beyond saving my house and I'm like day 50ish in game and I'm uncertain if I will before I end up exploring all over.

I guess my only gripe aside from the dated graphics is even with the big 110 space pack it's really hard to stay out adventuring for too long without going overweight even when breaking down everything and the complete lack of fast travel is going to drive me nuts. With the master trader garb it easily takes 10-15 minutes to get from Cierzo to Berg. If you don't make that set a priority to acquire then it's probably 30+ minutes or longer worth of running/sleeping or popping crap to keep your stamina up which is just tedious once you have done it before and will definitely prevent me from replaying the game after I decide to beat it. Even if it's just a trade cart that I can hire and afk between cities would be a good enough quality of life fix. Difficulty so far hasn't been that bad, but I've been pretty diligent in setting myself up for success via copious amounts of potions/food and what is probably OP gear for the starter zone. I've died twice since I restarted solo and they were both easily avoidable but I didn't respect the NPC damage.

But for $40 this has already been entertaining enough and I hope they get a chance to pump up something bigger later.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I thought the graphics looked dated until I checked settings and realized it was set to medium or something. I bumped it up to Ultra with very little frame loss and it looks quite good, I don't think it's anything ground breaking but I have no complaints with it visually.

It's some of the dumb mechanics that make it annoying such as not having your own separate stash when in co-op. Story only progressing for the host. Rewards from quests don't split. Randomly losing items when zoning.

Otherwise it's fun as shit with friends, I still haven't left the starter zone or progressed past the house quest.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Oh I'm playing on Xbox1X and even with it being enhanced it still looks like a 10 year old game on a 4K OLED TV compared to something like the Tomb Raider games or even Monster Hunter World which looks almost PC quality. I normally play everything on PC with ultra so I'm probably just being snobbish.

I don't know anyone in real life willing to divest the kind of time to a full coop playthrough (been playing a game of Divinity Original Sin 2 with one of them for over a year now and only act 2) so I can't speak of more than my initial first coop play when nothing got accomplished. Most of my friends just like playing stuff like Mario Kart / Smash and the similar easy to pick up party games and my internet friends like FPS or more casual MMOs.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Oh I'm playing on Xbox1X and even with it being enhanced it still looks like a 10 year old game on a 4K OLED TV compared to something like the Tomb Raider games or even Monster Hunter World which looks almost PC quality. I normally play everything on PC with ultra so I'm probably just being snobbish.

I don't know anyone in real life willing to divest the kind of time to a full coop playthrough (been playing a game of Divinity Original Sin 2 with one of them for over a year now and only act 2) so I can't speak of more than my initial first coop play when nothing got accomplished. Most of my friends just like playing stuff like Mario Kart / Smash and the similar easy to pick up party games and my internet friends like FPS or more casual MMOs.
You’re not being snobbish. Artistically it looks like a 10 year old game. Ultimately, I didn’t find it too detrimental to my enjoyment. As you say, hopefully they can increase production value for Outward 2 or whatever they’re doing next.