Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Decent McCree's have definitely been the bane of my playing so far. Mainly Flashbang is stupidly against my method of sneaking around through side passages because you're always in close quarters. I think I spent ~5 minutes at less than 500 damage as Reaper because every time I tried to get behind their lines or closer to the enemy I get insta-flashed and gunned down by the bastard.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, flashbang wrecks my flanking plans often. I gotta make it a habit to switch heroes or strategy rather than keep running into flashbangs with S76/Reaper.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Runs smooth on my old box

YIsiFM.png
Hmmm

rrr_img_134563.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yup, flashbang wrecks my flanking plans often. I gotta make it a habit to switch heroes or strategy rather than keep running into flashbangs with S76/Reaper.
The biggest issue against McCree is knowing where he is at. If he pops out of a corner or you run into him you're going to get flashbanged and killed. If you know where he is you can generally bait out the flashbang and run him down. You can also bring a buddy because he's really phenomenal at killing one person rushing him but not so much 2 people.

Also something I noticed today while dicking around is if you spam crouch/uncrouch as S76 his bullets don't enter their spray pattern. You'll get two very clean distributions of bullets at the crouched and uncrouched area. Not sure it is a huge win since you'll probably prefer to burst head shots with him but it can be somewhat useful for long-range suppression fire.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be on again tonight by 830 pm EST (Noodleface#1412). Just add me to your group if you see me on. Depends on RL friends playing or not.

Tenks

Also a few just random musings I'll post since I have a few months headstart on many in this thread.

You shouldn't care about winning or losing in quick play. Sometimes no matter what you do your team will lose. Sometimes you'll play like dogshit and you'll win. It is really hard to take anything of value out of the actual result of the end of the game. Instead you need to 100% focus on your own personal play and attempt to figure out what you can be doing better and what you could have done differently to obtain a more favorable outcome. If you are playing a DPS hero and you're not gold in eliminations or damage (some heroes it is really hard to actually get the killing blow, others it is easier) you need to figure out why. No it isn't because your team is dogshit and if they were better you'd be gold across the board. Chances are you've done something wrong this entire game. Going in with this mindset also relieves a ton of rage inducing moments because you've disconnected yourself with the actual outcome. When you die you aren't allowed to blame your team you are only allowed to reflect on what just happened for the respawn timer.

That Bastion mowed you down? Why did you engage him there? Did you check for FOV before entering his domain space? Why didn't you check it? Could you have checked it and disengaged?

You lost a 1v1 to Reaper? Why did he kill you? Was your aim accurate? Were you trying for headshots? Did he have better positioning and a better initiate than you?

You felt Mercy should have come to your aid as Rein but instead you died? Why did she not come? Were you in her LOS? Did you dive too deep? Why did you pick that moment to initiate?

Sometimes the answer to these questions actually is someone on your team fucked up. More often than not you missed a few key headshots or you made a poor decision which lead to your death. To quote the great n0tail "When a game is going full retard you have to just go with it. If you go against it or go half retard you're done." Even if 3 people on your team is going down a hallway you're 100% convinced is the wrong move you have the option of communicating going somewhere else or going with them. If you communicate and they decide against you have to follow them. A well coordinated bad plan is better than an uncoordinated good plan in team based games. Always.

Another mistake I see people make is they shoot frantically. I see it in my kill cam all the time. Instead of taking time and measuring the shot people will spray with S76, Pharah, McCree ... basically everyone. Shooting a million bullets and missing them all is worse than shooting one bullet and connecting. It isn't wrong or bad as Pharah or McCree to not be wildly shooting. Shoot, line up your next shot, shoot again. Some heroes have spray patterns you should learn similar to rifle recoil patterns in CS. Like with 76 you need to learn his tempo to when his bullets start to scatter too wildly at mid range. McCree has a pretty standard recoil pattern (though it is still a big RNG based) for his fan the hammer.

Then another tip is to just keep moving. AFAIK there is no penalty for jumping, ducking and strafing like a madman. Move unpredictably to avoid the enemy being able to lock onto your position. This is more important on some heroes (Genji, pilot DVA, 76) than others but if you notice you died because you just sat there and someone unloaded a clip into your head the answer should be pretty obvious what you did wrong.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was able to play for an hour or so last night for the first time. Really enjoyed Pharah. Although I kept fucking up at first because I'm so used to Shift being run/sprint.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was able to play for an hour or so last night for the first time. Really enjoyed Pharah. Although I kept fucking up at first because I'm so used to Shift being run/sprint.
I always fuck myself with Mei because of that. Fucking iceblock in the middle of nowhere.

Tenks

Yea, I'll play D.Va for long hours where shift is her boost, and then switch to Bastion where it's turret mode.

Oops.
Happens to me all the time where I'm 76 almost all of Hollywood and switch to Bastion for the final hallway

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brahma, myself and I believe Mordryn or Morderm or some shit. That was some fun shit, especially watching Brahma charge that Mercy and crush her into a wall. Having Brahma as Rein and that badass Mercy following me around while I rained down death as Pharah was awesome.

How do you get level 3 Torb turret? I beat on my turret for a long time trying to see if it went higher but it wouldn't increase, I'm fairly new to him.
ult. His ult automatically upgrades his turret for the duration to level 3 as well as empowering him.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
ult. His ult automatically upgrades his turret for the duration to level 3 as well as empowering him.
Yeah, I was confused because I watched an older video and he was just hitting it and it was going up to level 3. Guess they changed him since then.

That video is fucking great.

spronk

FPS noob
this weeks brawl mode is really fun as winston, his jump is on a 3 sec c/d in the game mode and your health can go to ridiculous amounts with ult (I think 6k?) so you basically just jump around like a meth head swinging and punching at everything. may not do insane damage but your constant AOEs and punches really will distract any pub team, especially in objective games; I can only imagine what 2-3 winstons would be like all constantly jumping to the same spot and AOEing. Will have to try reinhard next