Overwatch

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just a highlight because the Dva on my team had 3 kills while flanking the team. The only time I ever get a good Pharah ult and I get boned on potg. lol
The highlight ends but the last person on the team dies for a team kill <2 seconds after the highlight ends.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't fully jump on the torb hate wagon, but fucking they need to get in and directly disable turrets causing POTG unless perhaps it gets a team wipe followed by another after a mercy rez.

POTG is just for bragging I assume, but the medals screen, do they give any bonus, or are the golds etc just kudo's also?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know if my MMR made a mysterious jump in the last week but I am being pitted against some seriously fucking good players. Pharahs with supreme air and rocket control, genjis shutting Me down as I spawn, road hogs hooking me every corner I take. Yesterday I was getting owned by a wall walking Lucio. Literally owned by this guy as s76. It's pretty frustrating and caused me to put the game down for a few days. There's been a few times I've even thought I encountered some aim bots but I'm not quick to call foul on that stuff.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been out of the game too long staining decks. I had a similar experience but I have no doubt everyone on every other team was cheating

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I suppose you're right. My once soft girly hands are hardened by manual labor and it has changed my dynamic
Aside from most of this forum probably being "old" at 30+, I really find games you play affects your abilities. Play FPS, suddenly horrible at RTS. Play anything slower paced for a while, suddenly suck at fps. I noticed this especially in games a few years ago I was vaguely competitive at. (IE Top 50 Wehrmacht in COH1 for a little while, getting banned from angry 50 year olds COD/BC2 servers for "clearly hacking" etc. )

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My fingers don't work properly in LoL anymore. Sucks!

The isometric view vs 1st person really fucks me too.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played in a few days(3 or 4) since quick play was getting to be no fun for me for reasons I've mentioned before...long queues, getting into a game into a game in progress too often, short games with either side steamrolling the others, etc...

I was also extremely disappointed by competitive on the PTR, which was more or less exactly like Quick Play live after 25+ games. Stupid team make-up, one team always steamrolling the other, people leaving and being either on incomplete team, or playing against...I would say maybe 4 or 5 games ended right away after the first round because the other all quit.

I'm hoping it will be different on live since leaver penalty might have longer consequences like being banned from a season...but my hope is fairly low at this point.

I hope I can manage to find some fun again, because the game is genuinely fun to play when you're not stuck waiting in queues all the time, and when games are actually challenging for each sides...win or lose.

To add to the issue, is the fact that it seems most people are playing a lot less...used to easily have 10-20 people on every night easily....and now I'm lucky to have 5-10 these days.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if my MMR made a mysterious jump in the last week but I am being pitted against some seriously fucking good players. Pharahs with supreme air and rocket control, genjis shutting Me down as I spawn, road hogs hooking me every corner I take. Yesterday I was getting owned by a wall walking Lucio. Literally owned by this guy as s76. It's pretty frustrating and caused me to put the game down for a few days. There's been a few times I've even thought I encountered some aim bots but I'm not quick to call foul on that stuff.
I've had similar experience. I personally think a HUGE amount of casual are no longer playing, and we're simply getting matched more and more with hardcore players.

One reason I think the player base is shrinking a lot is an experience I had last week. There is a player named Val which I remember since it's the short form for Valderen...so I notice him when I am grouped with him or against him.

I was grouped or played against him like 2 or 3 times on non-consecutive games in a 3 hour period one evening...and maybe 3-4 times in the week. It's a rather big coincidence for a game with 10M accounts. I understand that my rating, and play time most likely coincides with him...but still very strange coincidence. So i think the active player base at my rating(which I doubt is very high) and playtime(7-11EST), seems to be rather small for me to encounter him which such regularity.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Matchmaking also takes into account location. So you & Val probably have similar pings. Still rare but once narrowing it down so much, not too unexpected.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's entirely too much map switching, char choose time, start wait time etc, and if you hold objectives solid what's koth take, 2 mins?

I would rather spend more time losing than loading. I like getting thrown into the middle of a game though so i don't have to wait. You guys are srs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's entirely too much map switching, char choose time, start wait time etc, and if you hold objectives solid what's koth take, 2 mins?

I would rather spend more time losing than loading. I like getting thrown into the middle of a game though so i don't have to wait. You guys are srs.
Comp play leads to longer matches since you play both sides, there is only one medal screen and only one POTG screen. I agree for the most part in QM it feels like half the time I'm not playing.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I had to turn on twitch on my PS4 after pulling this off because I knew it would be the potg. I did kill the guy in the corner as well.

Twitch