Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Will wait and see how single-player end game is with automation and shit.

These devs never finished their only other game, another survival game, right?

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

gamepass is a version behind steam.

looking around trying to figure out why no one is talking about the fact you have to alt-f4 to quit the game.. just a gamepass thing. But still, how is no one talking about that..

The game is still playable on Game Pass, but it lacks some key features and quality-of-life improvements. For instance, the Game Pass version currently has faulty button prompts, overall slower crafting, and it doesn’t have the option to exit the game without a force quit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
We started a server and set it to "hard".

It is indeed hard. Most everything has a 1 shot mechanic. Pretty funny.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you make a game, there is a button there to change world settings, then hit custom settings. And there is a lot of them(settings), I changed a few like a slightly less night cycle, more objects that can spawn, hunger decays slower etc. You can also change it when you hit start game and see your game, button there too.

Game is fun so far, a bit annoying at the start, because you have to manually craft/build everything. But once you get all your "pals" going, that do it for you, its much better. I haven't done any bosses/dungeons or such yet. Just exploring, building and capturing.

The building can be buggy at times.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ahhhhhhh ok. Yea I don't get any of that with a dedicated server. I tried putting some of them on the command line but didn't seem to do anything. -port works though

Xevy

Log Wizard
There was also an .ini file that the server owner was editting changing the rates from 1.0 to 0.5 and such. Took some tinkering to make it "hard" enough. 1.0 resources and stuff is ridiculous.

Caliane

As a reminder, the devs are the people behind Craftopia. a remarkably fun.. but janky as fuuuuuuck, and 200% unity asset store bought assets game. nothing matched, hilariously so.

The obvious thing is, they learned alot. streamlined, and improved the basic gameplay and design a ton. got a mostly unified art design. although the guns/pokemon almost seems like an intentional mismatch joke back to craftoptias.

the pokemon actually living and working in your base goes a long way in making your base feel alive. even base defense.

items in a chest ANYWHERE in your base are automatically pulled from when crafting. auto aoe pickup on dropped enemy loot. stuff that spawns on the ground does need to be picked up. but hte game in general has a ton of those simple qol stuff that are inexplicably missing. this feels like its a game made by gamers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

watch for gumoss with flowers on their heads. thats where you get beautiful flowers. not listed in palbook.
fire damage on your base can spread and burn it down. watering pokemon can put the fires out.
egg locations are preset. so, can find a bunch of very good pals very early if you know where to look.
pal pathing in base can get stuck. to fix, go to the pal box, move the active pal to the box, and then right back. dont even need to close t he menu. they'll get teleported to the palbox. fixes them stuck in walls, off cliffs, etc. if they wont eat, sleep, etc.
the shield item, is not a hand slot item you actively block with. its a passive energy shield.
your active pal will join in base jobs, while you are in your base. nice to have an extra pair of crafting hands.
you can lift, and throw pals at various jobs. this assigns them directly to that task.
flying mounts can "fly" over water, without using stamina, by flying on the surface.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There was also an .ini file that the server owner was editting changing the rates from 1.0 to 0.5 and such. Took some tinkering to make it "hard" enough. 1.0 resources and stuff is ridiculous.
I saw one kind of in the root folder. It said not to edit it, that a similar file would be down in the saved/ area, but none of those settings appear. There are the usual unreal ini files but none with palworld goodies.

I might install and run it on windows on this machine and see if it properly generates that file, then I can copy it over to the linux server.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looks like this game is blowing up. Nearly everyone on Twitch is playing it too.

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is it worth playing in the current state? I'm not a superfan of survival type games, but Valheim was good enough.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If valheim "was good enough" not sure this is going to do it for you, at least in its current state.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The difference between the games pass version and steam is insane. So many qol stuff in steam version.

Up to lvl 12 and now ready to start tackling gyms and dungeons. Only survival game I’ve played that I’ve enjoyed.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is at least as good as Valheim when it launched. The building in Valheim was superior, but otherwise this is a lot more engaging and has way more to do as an adventure type game.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The difference between the games pass version and steam is insane. So many qol stuff in steam version.

Up to lvl 12 and now ready to start tackling gyms and dungeons. Only survival game I’ve played that I’ve enjoyed.
I had to scour four fucking articles just to learn you cannot even give your player a NAME in the gamepass version.

I'll wait for the update, I guess, jeez.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Game is super fun and addicting. I started streaming a permadeath run of this last night and in the moment I was like 50/50 on it but I woke up the next day eager to get back into it.

• 2Like