Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I never really got into Pokemon, and I dont know what it is about this that makes me strait addicted to it, but I cant stop playing and when I am not playing, I'm wishing I was playing.

Its so weird. It's going to be hard to put this down for Enshrouded when that comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

This is the current loadout for my iron base. I deconstructed the stone mine as they were focusing on that too much. this setup goes through the iron spawns like crazy.

3 tombats. they have lvl2 minind, and lvl2 hauling. dumud is lvl2 mining, and lvl1 watering. cats are 1 hauling/mining/building. despresso is lvl1 mining. caberry is lvl2 planting. arsox is level2 flame. elec is elec. wollipop is cotton candy ranch, mezz is milk ranch, vix is orbs/gold ranch.
flame for cooking fire, planting/water for berry farm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed one of the early bosses is a 2 miner. Looks kinda like a big blue ice pirate fellow.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is this made in china?
jab.jpg

Caliane

A tip that it doesn't expressly say.

when exploring hot environments. Summoning a chillet as an active pal, will cool you down.

penking is a lvl2 miner, water, and like 2 others. yeah hes great.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW I had a big adventure wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up north. I was flying with the cold resist pelt armor which I guess is 2 cold resist, and doing fine. It had turned night 10 minutes earlier or so and so I fgured I was good.

It got one tic colder and I started dying VERY fast and so went back the way I came but it wasn't a location thing, was a time thing. Sometimes temp is really strange. You notice it alot if you try to get your incubated eggs just right.

Anyway dead with no possible way out. I tumbled down the mountain until it reset me.

At this point I had no cold stuff to make more cold resist stuff, and that was my only flying pal. Took me about 3 or 4 hours to find another one. I did see one right after and of course my pal killed it.

Later I saw 2 and I had no ranged weapon and couldn't get the damn thing down, they just ran away. I had to go back and make a bow. Finally track one down and it gets stuck in a damn mountain.
20240121230730_1.jpg

After that episode I've got like 5 backups now :emoji_laughing:

I'm about to start over though. A friend with a monstrously huge server is going to host. It is a 32 core xeon like mine but with a newer model. My individual cores are kinda slow. Has some strange amount of ram like 192 gigs.

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
does end game get grindy with the resource collecting? I think I would have said its actually pretty remarkably good with valuing my time with crafting. The game understands automation.
sure you could sit there for 20min crafting... or, you employ some handicraft pals and let THEM do it.
yet another aspect of those survival base builders I've been asking for since forever. we place blueprint, and our colonists/pals actually go build it.

yes, "lucky" in game is what we've call shinies. shiney is a term from pokemon. but they do also shine, and glow, and emit a noise in this.
Lucky pals all have a special mod. boss pals, have an extra non-base type skill. like a water type might have a fire skill. Both are extra large, and keep that size when captured.
The automation part doesn't really seem to work very well right now and that might be part of the problem. If you could straight up assign permanently that might fix it, but right now you can drop them near the correct task but they'll do whatever the next time.

Pretty much my experience with say the sphere assembly line is start a batch of gold ones, two pals will run over. They'll work on it for 20 seconds and then one will go take a nap and one will go eat. Then they'll both find something else to do.

Yes I can just come back a significant amount of time later, but there just isn't a way to make stuff happen on a schedule. So once you get behind with materials or whatever it gets very tedious. Especially when you combine with pathing and AI bugs.

It's definitely on the right path but the UI is bad and the base building and work controls just aren't quite there yet.

Also, does anyone know what sets the level for raiders? All of a sudden they went from like 14-16 to 37 and straight up murder all my teens level workpals.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Part of it might be using pals that have multiple skills. If they've got just one, like say mining, they won't get distracted.

• 1Truth!

Caliane

BTW I had a big adventure wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up north. I was flying with the cold resist pelt armor which I guess is 2 cold resist, and doing fine. It had turned night 10 minutes earlier or so and so I fgured I was good.

It got one tic colder and I started dying VERY fast and so went back the way I came but it wasn't a location thing, was a time thing. Sometimes temp is really strange. You notice it alot if you try to get your incubated eggs just right.

Anyway dead with no possible way out. I tumbled down the mountain until it reset me.

At this point I had no cold stuff to make more cold resist stuff, and that was my only flying pal. Took me about 3 or 4 hours to find another one. I did see one right after and of course my pal killed it.

Later I saw 2 and I had no ranged weapon and couldn't get the damn thing down, they just ran away. I had to go back and make a bow. Finally track one down and it gets stuck in a damn mountain.
View attachment 510535

After that episode I've got like 5 backups now :emoji_laughing:

I'm about to start over though. A friend with a monstrously huge server is going to host. It is a 32 core xeon like mine but with a newer model. My individual cores are kinda slow. Has some strange amount of ram like 192 gigs.
I just did this...

I was explore the northern desert. no heat clothing. First off, I went up there to try an capture/farm some elec pals, for elec organs. I set my flying mount up against a level 32 dazzi... it did not go well. my dazzi/daedream didnt attack at all. flying mount down. so, went out trying to find a waypoint.. no luck at all. I'm sure I'd probably have enough stam to swim back.. but was not sure. did have chillet as a mount.
then yes, continued inland trying to find a waypoint. especially since I figured out the Chillet provided cooling. found multiple large eggs, and even a huge one. nice.
but then night hit... cold. No fire pal. no torch. which I abandoned after getting the hip lantern.. shit. shit shit.. tick, tick tick. no waypoint. do see a syndicate tower in the distance.. it must have one right? Didnt make it half way there. and never found any waypoints, so the run back to the body was LONG. halfway there realized I should have grabbed food before redoing the trek... thankfully found some chests along the way that had bread. took a foxy, and the chillet to have both covered.

• 1Like

Caliane

The automation part doesn't really seem to work very well right now and that might be part of the problem. If you could straight up assign permanently that might fix it, but right now you can drop them near the correct task but they'll do whatever the next time.

Pretty much my experience with say the sphere assembly line is start a batch of gold ones, two pals will run over. They'll work on it for 20 seconds and then one will go take a nap and one will go eat. Then they'll both find something else to do.

Yes I can just come back a significant amount of time later, but there just isn't a way to make stuff happen on a schedule. So once you get behind with materials or whatever it gets very tedious. Especially when you combine with pathing and AI bugs.

It's definitely on the right path but the UI is bad and the base building and work controls just aren't quite there yet.

Also, does anyone know what sets the level for raiders? All of a sudden they went from like 14-16 to 37 and straight up murder all my teens level workpals.
yeah, its absolutely rudimentary atm. Ideally, better controls for priority, and assigning jobs will come. there is some hidden priority. like, my penking just won't do the freezer chilling. got a squee for that. watering seems to have high priority.

I hear people suggest raid level is based on character level. so if you start collecting pals, and level yourself up real fast, and the base lags behind, it can cause problems.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
yeah, its absolutely rudimentary atm. Ideally, better controls for priority, and assigning jobs will come.

I hear people suggest raid level is based on character level. so if you start collecting pals, and level yourself up real fast, and the base lags behind, it can cause problems.
Yes I don't know how to solve that. I built some crossbow turrets and then used the alarm bell to change everyone to defense and none of them used the defenses at all.

Caliane

yeah, I haven't explored the defenses really at all. killboxes, doors, etc. what do raids do, if your based is completely closed? they bash down doors? bash down first thing they see? will pals attack through windows, etc?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
yeah, I haven't explored the defenses really at all. killboxes, doors, etc. what do raids do, if your based is completely closed? they bash down doors? bash down first thing they see? will pals attack through windows, etc?
I built a great wall in stone after they sacked my first base and they just roam around and eventually leave after like 10 minutes thankfully.

My resource bases everyone dies so I have to rebuild, so I try not to idle there so the raid goes to the main base.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had the white robed humans hit my main base, where all my workers are around ~15. I have no walls or defenses. I thought I was borked, as the mobs were ~20. But man my pals just destroyed them, about 10 mobs. All i got off were about 3 shots of crossbow. Soon as the mobs show up they all stop their task to defend.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
yeah i just try to catch new mobs on raids at this point, they die so fast there's n o point in wasting ammo.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One of the problems with my linux server not having a config file is that I never got any base raids. I wonder if that is a real setting you can tweak? The page that describes the config doesn't cover them all:

My friend with the big server is having the same problem I was where the game won't create the config ini, and zeros out any attempt at creating one by hand.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
When you first start the game if you turn around and go down the mountain to the beach you can build your base there and raids can’t reach you. I did this without realizing it and now I’ve been pretty disappointed every time a raid comes it just fails to arrive.

Caliane

The guide mentions biome specific pal variants. I assumed that was part of the 111. its not.

Jolthog Cyrst. No.12B.
an ice version of the jolthog.

Mossanda Lux No 33B.
elec version of mossanda. (this ones a boss so more oblivious.)

48B.
Robinquill terra.

64B Dinossom lux.
electric Dinossom.
lv2 lumber, lv2 gen elec. drops tomato seeds.

91B
wompo botan. grass variant. also a boss.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well shit, I just logged on to my home server game after setting it up yesterday, and apparently everything just keeps running whether anyone is on the server or not. Most of my guys are at 1 sanity stuck in various walls and obstacles near my base, and my chests have thousands of pounds of wool and berries in them. I'm guessing I haven't had any raids because everything seems intact, so that's either a thing that doesn't happen when people aren't logged in, or just borked on dedicated servers I guess?

Either way.. might just start over with local multiplayer I guess, as it seems like the base running 24 hours a day is going to absolutely trivialize any need for resource gathering.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I like it! Helps with eggs hatching.

Sometimes you need to reassign work tasks, like if you have a frosty pal keeping the fridge cool.

Also if you restart the server it seems like they will not eat for days unless you go there and then log out.