Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Im laughing now at how sad this is with Brad's using those assets now. All we need to do is employ a little more reverse psychology and we could have them continuing on with the making "game" with tooth picks and marshmallows.

Brad and his culty crew have about as much saavy as a group of drunk bears trying to build a sand castle.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how much would it cost to buy those assets for your game and how long would it take to make that video with the chick pretending to air pedal a bike around in it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So are those environments made by them or did they buy them also? It looks like the only thing they made is the Pantheon logo which they probably owe someone money for.

elvis_sl

shitlord
how much would it cost to buy those assets for your game and how long would it take to make that video with the chick pretending to air pedal a bike around in it.
that necro is 10 bucks, the cave is 65..

Asset Store
Asset Store

pretty sure someone with actual unity experience could then throw it all together in about 2 hours, since a lot of the other stuff like camera behaviour and so on is available as presets ..

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
that necro is 10 bucks, the cave is 65..

Asset Store
Asset Store

pretty sure someone with actual unity experience could then throw it all together in about 2 hours, since a lot of the other stuff like camera behaviour and so on is available as presets ..
Are the scenery pieces bought assets? I just assumed Monty built them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were purchased. I wonder if Monty had to buy them like vu had to then not get reimbursement.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there any original work being done at all or are they just buying a bunch of assets and playing barbies dreamhouse?

Arcee_sl

shitlord
So are those environments made by them or did they buy them also? It looks like the only thing they made is the Pantheon logo which they probably owe someone money for.
Also, the fortress/castle type of thing you see in some of the screens, i assume it's from the
"Medieval Environment Pack".
Some of the ruins in the charater selection screen, as well as during gameplay might be from the"Ancient Environment".

All of the above packs (including the cave mentioned earlier) are from the same publisher ("Manufactura K4"), so at least they are consistent as far as style goes. Dammit, so many hyperlinks.

So i guess the only thing they made is the login screen...

... unless they just spent 15 bucks onthis thing, and replaced the background image and rearranged the UI elements.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there any original work being done at all or are they just buying a bunch of assets and playing barbies dreamhouse?
Pantheon team hard at work:
rrr_img_70452.jpg

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You know it's pretty obvious that Pantheon just grabs whatever assets they can for their game. But how damn cool is it that that's even possible?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish some of the more technical people here would get together and create a MMO from unity assets. I'd donate to that cause.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
That robe is such a ripoff of the original Cyrosilk robe it's not even funny. I guess in Brad's mind if you take the original design and reverse it then it becomes his creation.

I can't find any better pictures of it other than this but even with this shitty picture it's obvious:

rrr_img_70457.jpg

At this point in "creation" I am sure a realistic team would be working on combat but I can't help but say that is absolutely the most dreadful walking/movement mechanic I have seen in my entire life.
I don't know if this post is serious or not

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am very serious. I guess I should give a backstory as I figured most (if not all) are original EQ players. The Cyrosilk Robe was an original PoF piece that was removed from the item drop list around 1999. There was a ruckus about it and (I can't find the post but will keep searching) Brad made a post about how he (something like) "always loved the eye look on the Cyrosilk" and it was his "favorite", etc etc.

Point being, that "eye look" is that you see on the back of the new character his team "created" is nearly identical to the back section of the original Cyrosilk Robe. That's why I said I wish I could find a better picture of the original but that is all I could find (I will continue to look to show you just how obvious it is).
Autism levels are at maximum captain