Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
which is basically 2 years.. But they have said in the past those dates could be moved. My guess is if they don't get full funding soon, they will prob be forced to.
Point being that they should obviously take that bullshit down as they are going to be launching (If at all) with a very rudimentary combat system and about 7 zones with dick all NPC's huddling around areas getting ready to be plucked off.

Paging Peter Molynuex. You have a successor.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yesterday when I mentioned they were 6th on MMORPG I went back an hour later and they moved to 3. Thanks guys!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yesterday when I mentioned they were 6th on MMORPG I went back an hour later and they moved to 3. Thanks guys!
Let's get them up to number 1 so we can watch a better implosion of bitter tears. Oh man they just dropped to 4 now
frown.png

You know things are rough when Mark Jacobs has you beat.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really see an implosion with this project. I think the team and Brad are pretty grounded at this point. It hasn't been an easy road and they are still chugging along. The type of effort and time they are putting in has a very good chance of leading to success. Just need to stay focused.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love it.

"Hey guys, weather and atmosphere will play an effect on spells cast, their power, and their ability to even be cast at all. Some spells won't be able to be cast in certain areas of weather/atmosphere conditions. We will also have a dynamic event system along with child hierarchy, retiring players, situation gear, a perception system, unique NPC behavioral system, and more!

Now excuse us, we are going to go work on animations so we can show a prototype combat video and launch this sucker next year!
I'm going to give some free advice to those Pantheon team members that read these boards. It really applies to just about everything in life and you can take it or leave it as you want:

Keep your mouth shut about your intentions. Do work. Produce results.

In short, don't tell me what you are going to do, just do it.

Don't try and sell us on words and ideas that you guys aren't close to being able to implement. Don't introduce the farfetched things youhopeto someday manage to pull off as features your game will have. It's annoying and deceptive- like any scumbag politician who promises the moon in order to get elected and then delivers on maybe 10% of what he promises. Let us be pleasantly surprised one day if your game comes out and it's actually functional and has a few novel ideas. If you don't promise crazy shit like atmosphere-influenced spells and a progeny system, no one can be disappointed if they turn out to be more difficult to implement than you thought. Spend less time building hype and expectations for a game that doesn't exist yet and more time actually making the game.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So Crowfall isn't panning out, huh? Stopped following that thread but it looked like they had some good ideas. Anyone want to give me a brief summary on what happened? (Or what didn't happen)
It's the same old UT Bullshit, someone fucked his mom, is now working on a game and he hates them.... News at 11.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Brad has been a paragon of success for almost 20 years. I don't know what the fuck your problem is RR!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's the same old UT Bullshit, someone fucked his mom, is now working on a game and he hates them.... News at 11.
20 years of failure.

It's kind of like you and your IQ. After 20 years, it would be like Forrest Gump turning into John Nash. Some things are just impossible to change.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to give some free advice to those Pantheon team members that read these boards. It really applies to just about everything in life and you can take it or leave it as you want:

Keep your mouth shut about your intentions. Do work. Produce results.

In short, don't tell me what you are going to do, just do it.

Don't try and sell us on words and ideas that you guys aren't close to being able to implement. Don't introduce the farfetched things youhopeto someday manage to pull off as features your game will have. It's annoying and deceptive- like any scumbag politician who promises the moon in order to get elected and then delivers on maybe 10% of what he promises. Let us be pleasantly surprised one day if your game comes out and it's actually functional and has a few novel ideas. If you don't promise crazy shit like atmosphere-influenced spells and a progeny system, no one can be disappointed if they turn out to be more difficult to implement than you thought. Spend less time building hype and expectations for a game that doesn't exist yet and more time actually making the game.
We have a winner.

Unfortunately Arden, this is the bullshit that makes all these relics unethical.

Game Dev 101: Do not announce shit until it is implemented and in the game. Unless you are Brad McQuaid. Then lie your ass off. What was even more hilarious was they added a "future post launch" add on to all that crap they said would be in at launch, and it was player housing
TrainWreck1.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He's a clean freak. Doesn't want to be cleaning up tear puddles.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Any way Brad could move his company to Rhode Island? Maybe they'd be willing to fork out another 75 million...