Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im sorry, I missed your point I think....I was asking about how to maybe improve an old skill system that lots on here seem to dislike...how the fuck is that Fanboy-ism?

I think he must have quoted the wrong post lol. Either that, or he has drawn something from your post that I don't see (and that you probably didn't intend)...

Mur

Trakanon Raider
All raids should be in non-instanced zones. No character number limits, 48 hour zone lock out after killing boss. Boss re-spawn random 8-32 hour. To make it spicy, deal with arguments over Boss mobs, and make spawn spies obsolete, entering these zones should instantly flag you FFA PvP until you leave the zone.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think if there are different kinds of raid bosses there could be enough variety to keep people busy. Have a few that spawn via a quest (turn in an item and the raid boss spawns), world bosses, dungeon bosses, etc. I don't know if we should go back to week long spawn timers, though.

In all likely hood not everyone will get to do all content at one time. It's gonna be a weird and very difficult thing to figure out. Instancing was just kind of an easy way out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
All raids should be in non-instanced zones. No character number limits, 48 hour zone lock out after killing boss. Boss re-spawn random 8-32 hour. To make it spicy, deal with arguments over Boss mobs, and make spawn spies obsolete, entering these zones should instantly flag you FFA PvP until you leave the zone.
That sounds fun for faggots who have no lives and play 16 hrs a day

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree about instancing was the easy way out, but it worked for the most part. Im not sure non instanced with no lockouts and shit could work today. Too many autists today.

I can already see the armies of necro fags camping big boss for those sweet sweet loots to sell. And there is the crux of the problem wich compounds it. If everything was no drop BOE, who cares about random shit loot for noobs. But make that stuff be able to be sold, and you open up a world of hurt. Especially if remotely popular and the rangs get on the server.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Watched the first hour with snake fighting in the ruins and such. Looks like my kind of game!

Gets better too, they show some other shit thats like lv 15 or some shit and its definitely cool. All open world too, other than zoning and shit.

I dont know dudes, been watching this stream all morning and afternoon when I can and im getting excited about this. Looks pretty fucking good for a McQuaid title. Its not even all brown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
While it may not be a popular stance here, I liked Vanguard's method of handling raiding. All mobs were open world, but killing it got you a lockout timer, so you could only kill it every 2-6 days. Raid mobs would respawn after a few hours and another group could try it. Basically the same effect as instancing, but you weren't taken out of the world to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
While it may not be a popular stance here, I liked Vanguard's method of handling raiding. All mobs were open world, but killing it got you a lockout timer, so you could only kill it every 2-6 days. Raid mobs would respawn after a few hours and another group could try it. Basically the same effect as instancing, but you weren't taken out of the world to do it.

On reddit they did mention they are well aware of the problems and are looking into how to solve them.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
New Subject - How many people think non-instanced raiding is a good thing and how many people think it's shit?
Easy trick question. Non-instanced shit/non-shit vs (implied bait for hater Trolls) Instanced non-shit/shit?

Raiding in the Pantheon context is shit in ALL cases since we are talking about a game in which developers have no money to do anything but make a modernized group based EQ clone and a game in which the 4 devs obviously do not really give a shit about raiding (except to pretend there might be raid content slapped in once the game is a hit.... just like happened in EQ )

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think the closer we get to seeing that there is actually a game to play, the more people will be willing to donate to fund the game. Unfortunately Brad is a bit shady with his past... Problems... But if he can put up enough for us to see that something is there, he could get past that.

Honestly, I think when the game is farther along and they feel that it's in a really good state, they should do a free preview week for non-donors. Let people play around in the game for 3 to 5 days to see whats up. If what they have pleases EQ and MMO fans, I could see people dropping some money.

I believe Project Gorgon did something like this except the game has been free since it's been in development pretty much. And that game has a lot of good word of mouth, despite desperately needing a graphics upgrade.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Easy trick question. Non-instanced shit/non-shit vs (implied bait for hater Trolls) Instanced non-shit/shit?

Raiding in the Pantheon context is shit in ALL cases since we are talking about a game in which developers have no money to do anything but make a modernized group based EQ clone and a game in which the 4 devs obviously do not really give a shit about raiding (except to pretend there might be raid content slapped in once the game is a hit.... just like happened in EQ )
That is true. I am assuming at some point they will get enough funding or dev time to make raiding something worth while. At some point they either need to drop raiding or put something in to it.

I hated the raiding in EQ. I loved raiding in EQ. At about the time PoP came out I started raiding with a group that raided one expansion behind so it was fun. I enjoyed the huge raids and have a lot of fond memories from it. At the start of EQ I hated the constant spawn fights and it took a lot of resources from the GM team to over see petty squabbles.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hated the raiding in EQ. I loved raiding in EQ. I enjoyed the huge raids and have a lot of fond memories from it. At the start of EQ I hated the constant spawn fights and it took a lot of resources from the GM team to over see petty squabbles.
What the fuck are you trying to communicate here?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mostly that I am torn on world raiding *shrug* I asked the initial question so I figured I should answer it. Being torn on it is why I asked what others thought of the bomb they dropped that almost nothing is instanced.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raiding in any game implicitly requires a heavy time investment by the player, even moreso for those aspiring to be bleeding edge. I doubt they knew what that even meant back when EQ was being developed 20 years ago but they certainly know now.

Personally, I was more of a tier 2-3 raider back in the day, often raiding content from the previous expansion or two. And even though I enjoyed some aspects of raiding, such as the actual boss fights themselves, developing/executing strategies, etc, there were other parts of it that were nearly unbearable. The endless waiting for players to show, mind-numbing trash to clear, bugs, etc, were downright painful.

I'm sure Pantheon will have it's share of end-game raids but they definitely seem to be hinting that the game will be more focused on smaller scale events.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I just had a neat idea.

Every raid mob is outdoors but when you kill it "debuffs" your character with an account wide debuff that lasts for a week. This debuff makes you take more damage or deal less damage or heal less when in combat with another of it's kind and it stacks for every mob you kill.

So first dragon you kill is easy, second is harder, third is harder, fourth is really hard etc etc etc...

This would prevent an monopoly on mobs while not cocking blocking guilds that would not be able to kill the harder mobs.

I'd group them by species or zone or event as well.

To use EQ terms if killing Talendor/Gore/Faydedar/Sev gave you 40% debuff to all other dragons uber guilds would not kill them to gear alt/sell loot at the risk of not being able to kill Phara Dar in VP.

Kill Cazic Thule then you have "Ire of the gods" that makes Innoruuk and Tunare harder by a set %.

The best guilds will always get MORE loot and they will always the BEST loot but they won't be able to get all of the loot.

I would make exceptions for super high end keyed zones like NTOV and Vex thal style loot fests if you can get in there then you are the 1% and you can duke it out.

• 2Like