Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
he is jumbling his sentence with different eras mashed together and delivered in a poop stained package for us to enjoy

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, you didn't hear about that? According to my memory (which may be somewhat incomplete), somebody out there was sleeping with another person's wife who also happened to work there. I hope that's not too confusing. In other words, two developers (both male) worked there and one of them had a wife that also worked there. The other developer started sleeping with his wife.

I think that they were both in senior dev positions and she was like in the marketing/accounting side of it. But as I said, I may be off on some of the facts of this. It always amazes me when I post shit like, too. People always seem to glaze right over that Brad stole Sorjourn for EQ. This was, in many ways, the least thing that he could do.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yah, you didn't hear about that? According to my memory (which may be somewhat incomplete), somebody out there was sleeping with another person's wife who also happened to work there. I hope that's not too confusing. In other words, two developers (both male) worked there and one of them had a wife that also worked there. The other developer started sleeping with his wife.

I think that they were both in senior dev positions and she was like in the marketing/accounting side of it. But as I said, I may be off on some of the facts of this. It always amazes me when I post shit like, too. People always seem to glaze right over that Brad stole Sorjourn for EQ. This was, in many ways, the least thing that he could do.
This is considerably less interesting when you realize that they were all fat disgusting nerd slobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
She referred to herself as the Megan Fox of Ohio, so.. you never know!!

Lol! I could actually see her in a movie...if Brad was the one directing it. "I don;t have money folks, but I can pay you something to make this damn fine movie about this damn fine person!"

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
People always seem to glaze right over that Brad stole Sorjourn for EQ. This was, in many ways, the least thing that he could do.

You act as if this was some great crime or something. So what if EQ was inspired by Sojourn. The same can be said for WoW being inspired by what EQ and even UO did for the gaming genre before it. And the same can be said for every other MMO ever released. They've all influenced or had elements taken directly from them to help create new games in the coming generations.

Hell, forget MMOs. This applies to pretty much everything ever released in the last 20 years. Very little, if anything these days, is completely original organically grown. But I guess that doesn't fit the "I hate Brad because he touched me inappropriately" narrative.

• 1Salty

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea... but didn't EQ copy 1:1 places like Freeport? Not really the same thing as being inspired by another game.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not with the current owner. Most of the games now get very little new content, but you can buy high level raid armor with cash. Ridiculous.

Hahah. Dude, EQ was the epitome of a game where you could buy high end raid armor with cash.

"Oh this warrior who doesn't know shit about this game is running around with a SoD... that's weird"

goishen

Macho Ma'am
TorilMUD - Wikipedia
The City of Waterdeep was the first zone built entirely for Sojourn. Brad McQuaid was an avid player of Sojourn. Seeing the commercial potential of virtual worlds in the course of his MUD career, he went on to create EverQuest. With Kris’ permission, used it as the model for the city of Freeport in EverQuest.

Of course the source is an interview that has mysteriously disappeared! It must be a conspiracy...

Right. After we've all seen the documents that he, Smed, and somebody else signed saying that none of the three of them had taken anything from Sojourn.

Sure. That's fine. You can believe your wiki if you wanna. I mean, fuck. I believe it too 99% of the time. But not this 1%.

EDIT : Ha.

Talk:TorilMUD - Wikipedia

In addition above items, the text claims that the layout of the city of Waterdeep in Sojourn/Toril was used as the basis for the city of Waterdeep in EverQuest. Except that there is no such city in EverQuest. I presume that they mean that it was the basis for the city of Freeport in EverQuest, as they do share some characteristics and locations. Is this correct? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Zouve (talk • contribs) 19:54, 12 December 2007 (UTC)

-- Response Re: City layout, Waterdeep

Yes, Waterdeep was used as a model for the first city in EverQuest. Kris thinks it may have been Freeport, but doesn't remember. Whichever city came first, that would be it. Also copied over from Sojourn were many aspects of the Crimson Sigil guild -- Brad McQuaid was a member -- as well as the Petition Channel and a *lot* of items and MOBs.

Last edited:

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
The fact of the matter is, Pantheon is being made. Whether it's a good game or not, time will tell, but he is making it at least. The same can't be said for a lot of people, including the EQN team.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fact of the matter is, Pantheon is being made. Whether it's a good game or not, time will tell, but he is making it at least. The same can't be said for a lot of people, including the EQN team.

Always a great line. Every time.

"Say what you will about Scientology. At least they're a thing!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If Pantheon is gonna suck so bad then let's see YOU try and start a cult!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If Pantheon is gonna suck so bad then let's see YOU try and start a cult!

Hi, my name is Zzeris and I'm a recovering cult leader. I did mine wrong. I started with the kool-aid. My cult never recovered. I couldn't pull off the Brad anymore and have people keep defending me. I'm a poor cult leader. I need help...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hi Zzeris, that is brave of you to join us and be open with us like that. We here at Cult Leaders Anonymous are going to do everything we can to help you get over your addiction.

• 1Like

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
The other day someone was claiming how the three hours stream was just a fancy photoshop and that Pantheon is a vaporware. The amount of stupidity some people posses is astonishing!

And this forum is full of hate, I have no idea why but I'm going to laugh my ass off here when Pantheon is released. Oh boy am I going to have a blast when this game is released? and I'm going to share my journey, just to fulfill a prophecy. For ONCE I'm going to play the game I've always wanted. After all this waiting, but this time it's going to be otherworldly because I get to laugh at all the skeptics here. And the irony is, most of the neckbeards here are going to play the game.

PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN!
WE WILL ARRIVE TO OUR PROMISED LANDS.

Just several months and I'll be Alpha Testing you baby.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brad this, Brad that, Drugs here, Drugs there, Laid off at the parking lot, Vanguard was a failure!!

BeatDeadHorse.gif

• 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity