Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Louis

Trakanon Raider
And it's not like getting any of the bis kunark gear was an easy task. The competition was stiff at expansion release and you were dealing with non instanced content with massive raid sizes. That planar gear was by no means easily replaced.

And it's not like getting any of the bis kunark gear was an easy task. The competition was stiff at expansion release and you were dealing with non instanced content with massive raid sizes. That planar gear was by no means easily replaced.
Neither was raiding Hate or Fear at level 50.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention there was a level increase brought with kunark and with that brought stronger items. You weren't getting most of that loot one month into kunark much less one week in.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of that Kunark loot for the first month was trading for CoF's and other ridiculous prices on my server even if you were rich it was tough to acquire.

With this being Vanguard 2.0 though loot will be easy and I'm sure theyll re-use their auction house system. Its not a bad thing, i actually liked Vanguard and its named repop system.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So now he went from EVERYTHING WAS INSTANTLY OBSOLETE to a lot of things were eventually replaced. Acting like everyone was walking around with Trak BPs a week into Kunark

Obviously, expansions should offer gear upgrades or else what's the point? Especially one that increases the max level by 20%.

What is your point?
I explained my point and you said it made no sense. Make your mind up....

Not to mention there was a level increase brought with kunark and with that brought stronger items. You weren't getting most of that loot one month into kunark much less one week in.
Some of it took a while, but some of it I was getting on day 1 of Kunark and a week later at least half my gear was replaced by far better stuff.

So now he went from EVERYTHING WAS INSTANTLY OBSOLETE to a lot of things were eventually replaced. Acting like everyone was walking around with Trak BPs a week into Kunark

Obviously, expansions should offer gear upgrades or else what's the point? Especially one that increases the max level by 20%.
But it WAS instantly obsolete, my first day I got a bunch of stuff that was better than the gear I raided long and hard for. Raid gear... Replaced by trash drops on day one. That isn't right. The point you dumb fucks fail to understand is that new content should not destroy old content. It is something EQ did a terrible job with, that is why there are now 105 levels and 95 of them you have to do with AI controlled mercs because there are no players and empty zones. They mass produced expansions and you either bought it and got phat upgrades left and right, or you didn't and played in an empty obsolete world. All the old world was empty as soon as Kunark hit. There was zero horizontal progression, and there was zero care for previous content when they made new content. It made raiding and gear seem like a stupid waste of time, because it was only going to be worthless 6 months to a year later, and it made massive parts of the world empty and pointless too. Go to Oasis or Highpass or whatever pre-kunark and there were 30 people in each zone. Go there after Kunark and they never reached more than about 3 people. You idiots might not see the glaring problem with that, but for everyone who heard about EQ a year after release and started anything other than an Iksar, were starting in an empty game.

And it only got worse with each expansion too. The only thing that was ever done well, was the epic weapon quests which at least used parts of the old world, so even when 100% of people were in Kunark, there were occasionally raids and groups put together to go and do Fear and Hate to get epic items. But that is how it should have been anyway.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good for Brad, I wish him well. Just wish he would have taken advice from this board since he basically had free access to an autistic advertising agency. That kickstarter still pisses me off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
I explained my point and you said it made no sense. Make your mind up....

Some of it took a while, but some of it I was getting on day 1 of Kunark and a week later at least half my gear was replaced by far better stuff.

But it WAS instantly obsolete, my first day I got a bunch of stuff that was better than the gear I raided long and hard for. Raid gear... Replaced by trash drops on day one. That isn't right. The point you dumb fucks fail to understand is that new content should not destroy old content. It is something EQ did a terrible job with, that is why there are now 105 levels and 95 of them you have to do with AI controlled mercs because there are no players and empty zones. They mass produced expansions and you either bought it and got phat upgrades left and right, or you didn't and played in an empty obsolete world. All the old world was empty as soon as Kunark hit. There was zero horizontal progression, and there was zero care for previous content when they made new content. It made raiding and gear seem like a stupid waste of time, because it was only going to be worthless 6 months to a year later, and it made massive parts of the world empty and pointless too. Go to Oasis or Highpass or whatever pre-kunark and there were 30 people in each zone. Go there after Kunark and they never reached more than about 3 people. You idiots might not see the glaring problem with that, but for everyone who heard about EQ a year after release and started anything other than an Iksar, were starting in an empty game.

And it only got worse with each expansion too. The only thing that was ever done well, was the epic weapon quests which at least used parts of the old world, so even when 100% of people were in Kunark, there were occasionally raids and groups put together to go and do Fear and Hate to get epic items. But that is how it should have been anyway.
You were also 10+ levels higher. Why would your gear not be better? Do you know what scaling is?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That post made no sense to anyone that played EQ up until LoY.

There's Blizzard shills all over here don't color me surprised. But there's 5 honest people at least per one of those.

This game is bringing back risk vs reward which makes for a truly great game.

You guys are really dumb, and you are defending the indefensible.

You were also 10+ levels higher. Why would your gear not be better? Do you know what scaling is?

I wasn't 10 levels higher at all, I was still level 50, I went to Karnor and got a Jade Mace that was better than the shit I spent entire weekends getting on a raid a month before. You are all morons for trying to argue this. Also it is funny you mention WoW, I played that game for less than a month, but they had a much better expansion policy that put EQ to shame.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

I wasn't 10 levels higher at all, I was still level 50, I went to Karnor and got a Jade Mace that was better than the shit I spent entire weekends getting on a raid a month before. You are all morons for trying to argue this.
So you didn't have gear from sky in vanilla, or any number of other items that weren't easily replaced

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>

I wasn't 10 levels higher at all, I was still level 50, I went to Karnor and got a Jade Mace that was better than the shit I spent entire weekends getting on a raid a month before. You are a stupid cunt for trying to argue this.
Well yeah when an expansion releases the items in it become better to allow shitty players (you) to go back and finish content easier + have more levels. That's how it's supposed to work.

You seem to be missing that EQ had a lot of items that were relevant for many expansions - they just weren't power focused (illusion items, invis items, manastone, etc).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not to change the subject but I have a faint memory of a armor set that was either changed or removed at some point once the planes went in. I think it was a purple-ish armor. I googled around but couldn't remember anything close enough to get it right.

Let's also take a moment to remember rubicite camping. When I first started EQ on Solu Ro, I really thought getting a Ghoulbane and rubicite armor was going to be the death of me. Such good times.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I wasn't 10 levels higher at all, I was still level 50, I went to Karnor and got a Jade Mace that was better than the shit I spent entire weekends getting on a raid a month before. You are all morons for trying to argue this. Also it is funny you mention WoW, I played that game for less than a month, but they had a much better expansion policy that put EQ to shame.

So you had shit gear before Kunark and are pissed you got a single upgrade early on. No idea how that proves your claim that every single piece of gear was instantly obsolete.

kudos

<Banned>
Not to change the subject but I have a faint memory of a armor set that was either changed or removed at some point once the planes went in. I think it was a purple-ish armor. I googled around but couldn't remember anything close enough to get it right.

Let's also take a moment to remember rubicite camping. When I first started EQ on Solu Ro, I really thought getting a Ghoulbane and rubicite armor was going to be the death of me. Such good times.
Rubicite is the only armor I remember getting taken out early on.