Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The idea that a game like EQ updated will not attract a sizeable new audience 20 years later is silly. Very few people play mmos in the grand scheme of things, and why would they? Those people probably represent about 1% of the people who enjoy fantasy.

It does feel like a missed opportunity to just update the graphics and sell an anniversary edition of the game. I would think it would make a decent profit return without a huge effort being put in. Then again who knows with Daybreak.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The seed funding to which I was referring was the initial kickstarter.

He thought his reputation alone was worth $500k. He was wrong.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
From a personal perspective I think Brad slighted this community who wanted nothing more than to help him and wish him the best in this endeavor.

IMG_0805.PNG

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Try reading the fucking thread from the start. He had a mostly positive response from just about everyone, of course there were always some jokes and prods about the bullshit he pulled at Vanguard but he should expect that he earned it. Still I would say the vast majority was on board and willing to help in most any capacity until it was clear that he didn't even have a plan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol please, tell that to someone new to the boards. Anyone that has been around since the old fohguild days knows that anything Brad does brings about a 50/50 split of people that want to worship him and people who want to crucify him.

For every Convo defending him there's a Twobit Whore on the other side attacking him like it's their job (which I think it actually was in Twobit's case).

This board has never been a fountain of goodwill and happy feelings for that dude-- nor should it be. He has his own boards for that. This board has its sycophants and its haters, but the one good thing you can say about it is that it's probably the one place you can get a reasonably legitimate and informed opinion about his projects.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol please, tell that to someone new to the boards. Anyone that has been around since the old fohguild days knows that anything Brad does brings about a 50/50 split of people that want to worship him and people who want to crucify him.

For every Convo defending him there's a Twobit Whore on the other side attacking him like it's their job (which I think it actually was in Twobit's case).

This board has never been a fountain of goodwill and happy feelings for that dude-- nor should it be. He has his own boards for that. This board has its sycophants and its haters, but the one good thing you can say about it is that it's probably the one place you can get a reasonably legitimate and informed opinion about his projects.

I will agree we are Jaded and also agree that there is a lot of good feedback that comes out of this place. I am not suggesting we are all sunshine and rainbows but from what I remember people were pretty willing to help out and give him the benefit of the doubt at first. Of course he squandered that good will also immediately with his poor judgement, blatant stupidity, and fraudulent behavior.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
W. The guy clawed himself out of the fucking mud after making that mistake, and has put together an actually compelling early product that may now be at a point to generate some serious investment toward completion. Yes, it's taken twice the amount of time as originally projected.

I'm surprised a fellow entrepreneur doesn't recognize and appreciate that kind of chutzpah. Ah well.

C'mon now. This narrative is just as ridiculous as the one that thinks this game would net hundreds of thousands of subs. I just don't know where this narrative comes from. He robbed his funders, had others fire his employees in a parking lot because he was high and cowardly, and consistently made bad decisions after ripping off the setting of a game he played. Hell, he fucked up the kickstarter on this as well years later. No mistake is enough to earn ridicule! This entrepreneur did nothing wrong! He deserves unadulterated praise! How dare you impunge the moral fiber of this Demigod of design.

I have no problem with second chances(3rd, 4th, etc) but appreciate his chutzpah? I don't usually appreciate con artists but some never learn I guess. Ah well

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Everyone here has heard the litany of failures in his past. I don't understand why every page has to have them reposted. You can have a positive comment on the game or his personal work on it without also bringing up the past decade of failures every time you do so.

Guys, Brad's game is starting to look pretty decent. BUT DID YOU KNOW HE FIRED ALL HIS EMPLOYEES IN A PARKING LOT FIVE YEARS AGO?

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Everyone here has heard the litany of failures in his past. I don't understand why every page has to have them reposted. You can have a positive comment on the game or his personal work on it without also bringing up the past decade of failures every time you do so.

Guys, Brad's game is starting to look pretty decent. BUT DID YOU KNOW HE FIRED ALL HIS EMPLOYEES IN A PARKING LOT FIVE YEARS AGO?

Is it even considered a game yet? This shit ain't even Alpha. Remember this is the American Inventor who was able to bullshit microsoft that he was making a game for years. You don't think he can fool some trash faggot dipshits through a twitch stream?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From a personal perspective I think Brad slighted this community who wanted nothing more than to help him and wish him the best in this endeavor. Then he lied to everyone here and tried to skim money off his name and fan base from EQ. I can't think of a lower way to fuck your base. Sad part if he was honest and forthcoming I would of been way more understanding of the difficulties he faces making this game and supportive of it.

Didn't you literally just say that the first thing you do when starting an endeavor is lie to everyone involved to get paid?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL, I misread the didn't as did. I was like "WTF is happening here?!?!" and it turns out what was happening is I was retarded :)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I will agree we are Jaded and also agree that there is a lot of good feedback that comes out of this place. I am not suggesting we are all sunshine and rainbows but from what I remember people were pretty willing to help out and give him the benefit of the doubt at first. Of course he squandered that good will also immediately with his poor judgement, blatant stupidity, and fraudulent behavior.

You'e beyond jaded. You're full on rape victim.

• 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You'e beyond jaded. You're full on rape victim.

And yet I am the one saying we tried to help the guy out. It's ok little dindu keep tongue bathing Brads nut sack I am sure he will repay you with access to the beta. Contingent on that $1200 donation.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
REEEEEEEEEE

Guy posts here twice in like the last three months, neither commenting about Brad at all. I guess the standard for tonguing his nut sack is just not coming here every day crying about the same shit for 2000 pages?

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
C'mon now. This narrative is just as ridiculous as the one that thinks this game would net hundreds of thousands of subs. I just don't know where this narrative comes from. He robbed his funders, had others fire his employees in a parking lot because he was high and cowardly, and consistently made bad decisions after ripping off the setting of a game he played. Hell, he fucked up the kickstarter on this as well years later. No mistake is enough to earn ridicule! This entrepreneur did nothing wrong! He deserves unadulterated praise! How dare you impunge the moral fiber of this Demigod of design.

I have no problem with second chances(3rd, 4th, etc) but appreciate his chutzpah? I don't usually appreciate con artists but some never learn I guess. Ah well

At what point do you believe it is no longer a con? I will say ANY sort of beta and we can make a reasonable assumption a game will launch. I will personally be taking a chance at the game when alpha (the 250 buck version) launches.

• 1Picard

Louis

Trakanon Raider
And yet I am the one saying we tried to help the guy out. It's ok little dindu keep tongue bathing Brads nut sack I am sure he will repay you with access to the beta. Contingent on that $1200 donation.

You can quote me where I did any of this bathing. It just gets old coming into this thread, where you spout the same things over and over and over. A large group of us were here when Brad came to the original site for Vanguard and we know everything that went on with that. Nearly everyone was here for the shitass kickstarter, fuzzy trolls, and complete fuckery that went on year 1 to now. Everyone is aware of what type of person Brad is. We don't need you to give us Boozecube's story time about the history of Brad McQuaid every time a stream or blog is posted.

If you were actually one of the employees that were screwed over on the Vanguard or Pantheon dev team, then I might understand your hatred. Otherwise, get a grip.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
To go back to the board comment. I do believe that most people were being constructive and helpful. Sure some more harsh than others and there's always a few jokes that float around but ultimately I think people would like to see Brad release some form of EQ again. The problem was that as soon as this ball began rolling, the KS failed, fuzzy trolls, and stories of money mismanagement hit the scene. I think people mostly point out what Brad continually brings on himself. He can't escape his past or his goofy mistakes. However, I think most people believe that Brad has a place on a team/studio but somehow he finds himself in possession of much more responsibility than he needs. This why I stick to Brad needing a game to ship more than anything. Good or bad. It needs to work and have a following, no matter how small, and be a real thing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

He did plenty wrong. He's still going, and seems to be doing better. I recognize and value that.

Building a business from scratch is the hardest thing one can do in my opinion. Kudos to him for coming this far with nothing.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People bring up this mass firing as some evil shit or something, when in my business it happens all the fucking time. And im in automotive engineering. I have worked on many projects that got yanked by the big three, we were all called in to the meeting room, all 200 of us, and told to pack up our shit and go home. Shit happened quite regularly back in the 90s and early 2000s.

• 1Solidarity