Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
super-dave-funkhouser.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I remember Super Dave. He also had that side kick, Mr Fuji I believe.

Anyways, anyone here dumb enough to believe there's no market anymore for an EQ style game?

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember Super Dave. He also had that side kick, Mr Fuji I believe.

Anyways, anyone here dumb enough to believe there's no market anymore for an EQ style game?
I believe there is a market.

I, however, do not believe there is large enough market to justify the risk of making such a game.

From a player perspective, it's always great to have options of what to play. From the perspective of someone that is responsible for financing the development of the game and trying to make a profit and not lose a ton of time and money....probably not so much.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I am proud to announce when I get home from the hospital my podcast will be done. Make sure everyone tunes in to it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I would like to have an interview with Ji Ham, the CEO of EG7 and the former CEO of Darkpaw and daybreaks about the future of gaming.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would like to have an interview with Ji Ham, the CEO of EG7 and the former CEO of Darkpaw and daybreaks about the future of gaming.

I would like to have an interview with margot robbie and freya allan, at the same time.

Nobody really cares what we want. Did you do a podcast or not?

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Excellent. I happen to be good friends with Ji Ham so I can set that up for you if you don't have the proper contacts already. Just send me a DM and let me know.

• 1Worf

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I believe there is a market.

I, however, do not believe there is large enough market to justify the risk of making such a game.

From a player perspective, it's always great to have options of what to play. From the perspective of someone that is responsible for financing the development of the game and trying to make a profit and not lose a ton of time and money....probably not so much.
You may be correct. Personally I'd probably sign up and pay the monthly fee just to casually play. I'd think there would be quite a few like me but no where near what EQ or WoW had anywhere near their top. Then again the costs of development aren't really that high either. The real question would be what sort of subscription base would it take to support the game. There are plenty of examples of successful games that didn't focus on high end graphics but most of them had some sort of shortcut built in for money.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Do you think we as a community for fires of heaven could put together a successful AMA questionnaire concerning the future of EG7 and Darkpaw and possibly other franchises?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, we definitely couldn't do that, and it certainly has not been done before already by the former foh admin, no sir. Impossible.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
First of all, I don't think we could come up as a community with 20 to 25 questions to ask. Jayham very little is known about him when he worked for daybreak and dark bar and now EG7.
Some of the questions some of the questions would be concerning Pantheon Memories and Monsters and everquest dungeons.