Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
@a_skeleton_02 is just riled he can't make bad money playing an emu anymore so he has to shit up this thread with his suggestions about how Pantheon should allow him to cockblock content 16 hours a day to make more RMT scraps at below minimum wage

don't try to compete with the best Tiggs and dont quit your day job (oops..)

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
in a game like WoW sure.

but if the game is going to be like EQ then it will take a few months to level to max cap then you have to get gear to even be able to kill the dragons all while paying $50 a box and $15 a month.

I think it's doubtful that would be a problem.
Just log out before kill and win

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Im sorry, I missed your point I think....I was asking about how to maybe improve an old skill system that lots on here seem to dislike...how the fuck is that Fanboy-ism?

You posted an idea. For game developers whose job it is to sit around and come up with ideas. I used to do the same thing on the Vanguard beta forums. Don't worry though, Brad will trash them all. You could come up with the best skill system on the planet.

..Telnet not around?

WTF? I use telnet a fuckton..

K, sorry. Thought ssh had taken over telnet's (the actual program's, not the idea of logging into a computer remotely) work.

Siliconemelons

Yeall never played p99 with da tiggs, its so fuckign amuseing you should pay him for the entertainment value.

I still wonder, and no gay bro, but was u sucken dicks 2 be able to mouth off at all these guilds and not get insta booted? ;-)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
@a_skeleton_02 is just riled he can't make bad money playing an emu anymore so he has to shit up this thread with his suggestions about how Pantheon should allow him to cockblock content 16 hours a day to make more RMT scraps at below minimum wage

don't try to compete with the best Tiggs and dont quit your day job (oops..)

We get it, you were a shitty, lower tier guild EQ player. You don't have to keep making more posts to brag about it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We get it, you were a shitty, lower tier guild EQ player. You don't have to keep making more posts to brag about it.
why would i brag about playing EQ? i'll just go ahead and brag about the quarter million dollars i made RMTing casually for a year

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeall never played p99 with da tiggs, its so fuckign amuseing you should pay him for the entertainment value.

I still wonder, and no gay bro, but was u sucken dicks 2 be able to mouth off at all these guilds and not get insta booted? ;-)

I fixed so many problems for TMO in my tenure and gave them so much of an advantage during the guild wars I could've said anything i wanted.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And the above posts is why a system like this sucks. Non instanced + economy where you can sell everything = Rang Rangs/a_skeleton_02 camping shit 24/7.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
To a degree, a_skeleton_02 is right. Not everyone should get a ticket to raid content. That's the exact problem with MMOs post-EQ. When everyone gets everything, nothing feels worthwhile.

However, I believe there are ways to spread the love a little bit. My theory is you must make it impossible to check whether most raid mobs are up without a raid force. That means making it untrackable and impossible to sneak in, FD in, or camp a player on it's spawn point. With respawn variability and that time requirement, a single guild won't be able to easily check and batphone mobs the way we've done in the past. While a guild is checking one target, different guilds can check the others.

They could add raid caliber rare spawns or mini-bosses to make checking worthwhile and provide a consolation prize should the mob not be up.

On top of that, add repop days or random full repops every so often.

This won't stop the most hardcore guilds from getting the most boss kills, nor should it, but it will increase the likelihood of normal guilds killing a raid mob from time to time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
To a degree, a_skeleton_02 is right. Not everyone should get a ticket to raid content. That's the exact problem with MMOs post-EQ. When everyone gets everything, nothing feels worthwhile.

However, I believe there are ways to spread the love a little bit. My theory is you must make it impossible to check whether most raid mobs are up without a raid force. That means making it untrackable and impossible to sneak in, FD in, or camp a player on it's spawn point. With respawn variability and that time requirement, a single guild won't be able to easily check and batphone mobs the way we've done in the past. While a guild is checking one target, different guilds can check the others.

They could add raid caliber rare spawns or mini-bosses to make checking worthwhile and provide a consolation prize should the mob not be up.

On top of that, add repop days or random full repops every so often.

This won't stop the most hardcore guilds from getting the most boss kills, nor should it, but it will increase the likelihood of normal guilds killing a raid mob from time to time.

Yeah the problem in my mind is not about letting casuals kill raid content it's to prevent the top guild from monopolizing lower tier raid content that they would do due to the inherit nature of open worldness.

in EQ we actively killed lower tier mobs like Naggy at 60 because we wanted alt gear and to sell stuff but to also prevent other guilds from getting a foothold and becoming competition and that is not healthy what so ever.

For an open world game to be viable there has to be a way to dissuade higher level guilds from killing trivial content and I don't know if there is truly a correct answer that doesn't cheapen or break something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah the problem in my mind is not about letting casuals kill raid content it's to prevent the top guild from monopolizing lower tier raid content that they would do due to the inherit nature of open worldness.

in EQ we actively killed lower tier mobs like Naggy at 60 because we wanted alt gear and to sell stuff but to also prevent other guilds from getting a foothold and becoming competition and that is not healthy what so ever.

For an open world game to be viable there has to be a way to dissuade higher level guilds from killing trivial content and I don't know if there is truly a correct answer that doesn't cheapen or break something else.
Naggy at 60? a_skeleton_02 confirmed poser and lier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user