Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy fuck you faggots are STILL salty?

hahaha

Those salty faggots are the ones who care enough about MMOs in general and EQ reskinned specifically to have opinions based in actual reality. Those salty faggots are the people who have watched hundreds of sub par MMOs come and go, and if there's one group of people who can recognize the stink of bullshit developer promises that will never be fulfilled, it's those same salty faggots.

If the game releases a year too soon and those salty faggots are bitching and moaning about how broken and unbalanced and buggy and unfinished everything is, I'm going to listen to what they say before I listen to whatever garbage the VR shills get paid to say.

Edit: Just to be completely clear, I'm personally planning on not playing this game if it survives long enough to be prematurely released. I've seen enough indefensibly terrible decisions made by the VR team over the last several years that the only way I'm even going to consider playing it is if they're able to release something that the smartest and most experienced 1% of the playerbase (aka those salty faggots) agree that the game is polished and professional. Promises mean nothing. Results mean everything.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 5Salty
Reactions: 10 users

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Where is the proof any game isn't vaporware until launch? I guess if it's backed by a big publisher it's more likely, but plenty of games have died even in the late stages of development. Even Blizzards Titan was scrapped.

Point is, at least we see there is something that looks fun. Only time will tell if they can flesh out the entire game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm positive I'll give it a shot, because I generally give every Non-PVP centric MMO a shot (and even some that do. Thanks Archeage-Waste-Of-Money) and I'll hold it up to the same criteria I hold every game up to.

Personally I think they have caved a little too hard to the "hardcore" MMO crowd from 17 years ago and they are going to find a bit of a difference of opinion when it comes to "what made EQ great" in their design.

We'll see, though. In 2036, when dogs rule the Earth.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where is the proof any game isn't vaporware until launch? I guess if it's backed by a big publisher it's more likely, but plenty of games have died even in the late stages of development. Even Blizzards Titan was scrapped.

Point is, at least we see there is something that looks fun. Only time will tell if they can flesh out the entire game.

You're way too far up their asses to see anything, let alone a fun game.

Only time will tell if your blind faith happens to be right or another one bites the dust.

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just really dont get the point of coming into the thread and shitting it up all the time if you fully believe in the games demise. Why waste your time? Do you believe you're saving all of us from wasting our money? Our time? What actual harm is happening to those of us that hope for good things to arise from this game? The same with Brad. Does it really matter what has happened in the past in his own personal life? What decisions he makes now is what is relevant to those of us that look forward to this game.

Check out Steam and you'll see a fuck ton of games to waste your time and money on. Some of which you know that the developers are laughing at you for buying, all the way to the bank. As if they didnt paint illustrious false visions of their game to get everyone hyped enough to buy in. Im just saying, when I bought Vanguard.. I knew what I was getting myself into. Sorry, not sorry, that you hopped on the hype train and didnt do any research and Brad touched your butthole inappropriately. Get over it, and grow up.

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The same with Brad. Does it really matter what has happened in the past in his own personal life? What decisions he makes now is what is relevant to those of us that look forward to this game.

Ignoring the rest of your "I only want people who fanboy for the game to come in here". His past does matter. Normally his personal life doesn't, but when that personal life effected the game(s) he was making and most likely lead to the first try of this game falling into oblivion, then yes it does matter. Only an idiot ignores history. Can people change sure, but that doesn't mean you just ignore their past and that's can exclude personal life. Everything is relevant, not just "now". The irony of your post is you said all that, and ended it with "Grow up".

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ignoring the rest of your "I only want people who fanboy for the game to come in here". His past does matter. Normally his personal life doesn't, but when that personal life effected the game(s) he was making and most likely lead to the first try of this game falling into oblivion, then yes it does matter. Only an idiot ignores history. Can people change sure, but that doesn't mean you just ignore their past and that's can exclude personal life. Everything is relevant, not just "now". The irony of your post is you said all that, and ended it with "Grow up".

Adding to this, why would someone that wanted only positive info come here instead of the official forums? Talk about wasting your time and being pretty ignorant to boot. Brad has literally stated that he will only 'massage' everyone's butthole appropriately there. Scout's Honor! It just sounds like a much better deal.

It's not like Brad robbed his team from this game, put a Fuzzy Troll as management because she was religious, half-assed a KS or any other bad ideas since this started development. Yep, Brad's been 100% on top of it this time! Just ask the people whom he appropriately fingered their assholes and they will tell you. It was definitely a finger and it felt awesome...

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
At some point, you have to get over shit and move on! Beleive me, i had to learn the hardway all the shit i did as a kid!. Sometimes you gotta just put shit behind you and move on. Forgive people and move on! Does no one any good if you keep dwelling on shit. Im not saying forget what people have done. Just get over it already.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
At some point, you have to get over shit and move on! Beleive me, i had to learn the hardway all the shit i did as a kid!. Sometimes you gotta just put shit behind you and move on. Forgive people and move on! Does no one any good if you keep dwelling on shit. Im not saying forget what people have done. Just get over it already.

You would have had a point if he had just stopped with Vanguard. The problem is his fuck ups continued right into this project and haven't really stopped.

• 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Need to bring back the "This maybe is not the game for you" mantra from the Vanguard days.

And let the rest of us enjoy one last unadulterated hard core game before we all die of old age. Thanks

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They have been working on this for some time as to what they can pump out it to be seen but putting the negative side of Brad aside and the shit he has done you have to give him credit for two things one he is persistent, good or bad that is a quality that can accomplish many things, and two he seems to be able to attract talent and money. That is a skill set that also will allow you to accomplish many things. He has had some success in the past so that alone drives enough people to his corner.

Now I have since this began felt like he did mislead people and try and take advantage the MMO community as a whole, the Kickstarter was pretty amateur hour bullshit, which is why it failed. Then the paired forums smelled of scam and who knows how much money he pulled in. The taking cash influx to pay for himself and not his team was fucked up and he lost some people for it. Still at some point it is what it is. Brad will probably continue to do fucked up things for cash he might even have a sociopath streak in him I don't know.

Right now at the point we are at which is still pre-alpha by the way that this game won't be finished or available for release for a few more years.

• 1Like
I just really dont get the point of coming into the thread and shitting it up all the time if you fully believe in the games demise. Why waste your time?
They have nothing else to do. It is a forum full of sad dirty retarded losers and they have nowhere else to go.

• 1Salty

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
You would have had a point if he had just stopped with Vanguard. The problem is his fuck ups continued right into this project and haven't really stopped.
Did it really though? They launched their kickstarter prematurely, and that was unfortunate. Maybe it was poor decision making on Brad's part, or maybe they were in a do or die situation. Later they made a few bucks crowdfunding and people got upset over the boss paying himself more than they got (like every boss does?). Then they were developing a game on fumes and had to cycle through people willing to work for next to nothing. No surprise, some of their free labor sucked and produced ideas like fuzzy trolls.

After those ups and downs, they have managed to create at the very least a good looking start to a game. Whether you want to give credit or not, it was Brad's decisions at least initially, that got them here. He chose to bring Joppa on board who is doing a fantastic job. Brad has also been diligent in creating buzz on a budget, showing up to every conference that would have him.

Nobody is perfect, my dudes, but things could be a lot worse.

• 6Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
tumblr_ljvolgneZq1qb4tke.jpg

That is one hell of an apologetic post.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users