Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
About 25 years ago I was a high-end investor for collectibles. I was a hustler and i was really good at money things. i always kept my ears to the ground. I have slowed down recently due to an arguement with an oak door one day. i am not real proud to say this statement but I droppped 5 k on RMT one day for EQ. if i were to win the lottery tommrrow I would not invest in any MMO video game today. The next generation after us original players never continue with video games and the availiabity of the internet cheapen the access to the video markey to the point of a slaughter market. The real money to be made is in the short term of the investment within the first three years. i am sure the VR staff has shielded themselves real nice in case the bad happens.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
About 25 years ago I was a high-end investor for collectibles.
how-much-do-you-think-i-can-get-for-these-antiques-roadshow-memes-32-pics.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I did nt do NFTs. But I made a lot of money with Beanies. Most of you guys dont know what a beanie Baby is so I am not going to bored with non-Pantheon chat, but I have a great beanie baby story. it involves the Beanie police and it's better than the JEJ story. Ever since I was waist high, I was pimping the neighborhood. I mostly did comics and sportcards. i was a shark. I ran Essential Comics in Raleigh North Carolina for 8 months and took the store from being cut off from the disturbers and 50 k in debt during the week for batman getting his back broken and the chromium Superman cover to breaking even and restoring my friends account with Diamond Comics in good standings. His partners fucked him, and he was going to lose his house. I enjoyed working in the store a lot. I was featured on a local Saturday morning Fox channel talking about the store with my friend, Kevin.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I have a great beanie baby story. it involves the Beanie police.
Ever since I was waist high, I was pimping the neighborhood. i was a shark.
I was featured on a local Saturday morning Fox channel talking about the store with my friend, Kevin.
clips or it didn’t happen

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I did nt do NFTs. But I made a lot of money with Beanies. Most of you guys dont know what a beanie Baby is so I am not going to bored with non-Pantheon chat, but I have a great beanie baby story. it involves the Beanie police and it's better than the JEJ story. Ever since I was waist high, I was pimping the neighborhood. I mostly did comics and sportcards. i was a shark. I ran Essential Comics in Raleigh North Carolina for 8 months and took the store from being cut off from the disturbers and 50 k in debt during the week for batman getting his back broken and the chromium Superman cover to breaking even and restoring my friends account with Diamond Comics in good standings. His partners fucked him, and he was going to lose his house. I enjoyed working in the store a lot. I was featured on a local Saturday morning Fox channel talking about the store with my friend, Kevin.
You said you weren't going to bore us with non pantheon chat and then immediately after did that very thing. Get some help.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
In KC nope. They dont have those here. Now In Early 2000 ish EQ I played down in Spring Lake, NC just outside Ft Bragg with my army buddies. i was a bard on Quellious at the time named Barto Windsong, i was in a guild called Aetherem with Graybull as my GL. The store housed three major Q guilds, Vis Maior, Wraith, and Lotus Cult. In 2004 the server collapsed and we mergged with RN and joined Conviction as a cleric named Karley Klerical and then Triton when Povar merged with us,

I just was answering his question. i made 5 grand one day selling 40 Princess and Erin bears. I was also into Magic the gathering cards. Another dealer asked me if I trade. I said yes I trade my beanie babies for your cash,

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
In KC nope. They dont have those here.

They did

Tabletop did before they moved to the Metcalf location
Gamer's Quest did before they closed
I'm certain that Battlezone did, at least at the one that was kind of over by Oak Park Mall, before they moved down by AMC 30 and later closed. I don't know about the one that was in Lawrence.

I think Regime Regime may have known some places in KC. I know where I gamed EQ was one of the core MMOs played

Then high speed internet took off and people no longer had a reason to go to a store to play.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
My ex-roommate in KC was the original Jameson from Club Fu and he had a shaman named Yonkers before I knew him. When I was out in irvine in 2006, I played Wow at Howies game/ shack. I was a casual player in the earlly 2000s and normally played in Cary, NC they used to talk about Furor all the time like he was a god on ECi. I remember the funeral they had for Shawn in the Ocean of Tears.

I had a booth at the Super Flea for about 3 years between 2015-2018 selling toys video games, and collectible cards. I was known as the Toy Guy.

I have the gift of gab as the italians would say.

Down in spring lake the shop owner would let you play 24 hours for $25. People would take turns sleeping on his gaming couches.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They did

Tabletop did before they moved to the Metcalf location
Gamer's Quest did before they closed
I'm certain that Battlezone did, at least at the one that was kind of over by Oak Park Mall, before they moved down by AMC 30 and later closed. I don't know about the one that was in Lawrence.

I think Regime Regime may have known some places in KC. I know where I gamed EQ was one of the core MMOs played

Then high speed internet took off and people no longer had a reason to go to a store to play.

I played Tribes and went to tournaments but never played EQ at those stores. In KC the only gaming stores I went to were for Warhammer. I didn't really do the Cafe thing there because our buddy had a T1 before most people had cable or DSL. I DO remember the CAFES though and it was pretty awesome. I played a Aliens VS Predator COOP with like 18 people at our local gaming store all together but that was earlier than 1999. I still gotta say nothing is better than LAN in person.

When I came back to my buddies for a lan tournament in 99 sukik sukik was in plane of fear raid. We (tribes/quake/CS players) all thought it looked bad ass so we started to download it and got into EQ thanks to him. The EQ LAN parties were on another level. rad rad has some good stories about Millie.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
i used to do a lot of business with Gathering Grounds in Kansas across the internet. I still buy stuff from troll and toad in London, Kentucky outside the army base, Ft. Campbell, home of the punking buzzards.

I remember on a pickup raid one night they trained a gm and killed him in POF.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
i used to do a lot of business with Gathering Grounds in Kansas across the internet. I still buy stuff from troll and toad in London, Kentucky outside the army base, Ft. Campbell, home of the punking buzzards.

I remember on a pickup raid one night they trained a gm and killed him in POF.
You've lived an interesting life.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider

Being there is the best title for this movie. Unless you are there you don't know the meaning about what he says. Life has double meanings, and everyone has a different opinion on subjects based on their experiences. Everyone should watch this movie once in your life. It won best picture of the year in 1978. Comedy genius Peter was.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Here is a quote from seneca in his book on the shortness of life, going with your nautical theme.

So you must not think a man has lived long because he has white hair and wrinkles: he has not lived long, just existed long.For suppose you should think that a man had had a long voyage who had been caught in a raging storm as he left harbour, and carried hither and thither and driven round and round in a circle by the rage of opposing winds? He did not have a long voyage, just a long tossing about.”

• 1Like